Discus - setting up with Spad.Next

I would like to set up the motor controls using spad.next to control the discus using my Saitek controllers.

I can set up the usual FSX battery/avionics/throttle and the usual standard functions easily enough but please could you tell me how I access the motor extend switches and similar?

Are they simconnect events, FSUIPC events, LVAR? or data variables that need to be changed?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry Herman! First time I have come here for help!

Mathijs,

thanks - I am sure they have a Discus variable list somewhere in order to write the aircraft!

It's important to me but not urgent.

Hoping to get something along these lines in the M$ link below so I can use SpadNext to link to appropriate buttons on my hardware 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc526981.aspx

I hope to hear soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Just FYI, I have just published a Spad.Next profile for the Aerosoft DiscusBT.

This is the get-you-home motorglider (sustain, no climb!) that has no electric starter and you have to windmill start (so make sure you make early decision to start so you have height!)

You can now operate this glider including the STF switch and raising and lowering the engine from your Saitek panels thru Spad.Next by downloading my profile from within Spad.Next

It was a bit of trial and error in Spad.Next variable monitor and removing the "noisy" variables plus, as I don't speak German, some googling and guessing of the variable names was needed :-)

Enjoy 

Rob.

PS it's my first profile. Thorough testing and gentle feedback appreciated. DiscusBM will follow shortly.

Archived