After installing El Hierro

Felidae

Hello, 

installation as usual

Tried with  different Orbx files on/off

Found no other GCHI scenery

Please login to display this image.

But the result is not 1A:

The scenery is coming with  an  "ALT" folder . Where should it stay or go???

Thanks for any help

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs

Daniel, which version of El Hierro and version of P3D do you have? From the product page in the Aerosoft shop of El Hierro X: "Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition)" which means it is not compatible with P3D at all. For the Aerosoft shop, compatibility for the various versions of P3D is not assured unless explicitly so stated. Such is the case for the Pro version shop page, which states, "Lockheed Martin - Prepar3D V4". 

Hallo,

thanks for your answers.

@ Data 73, are you sure, it was never announced for P3DV4?

@Herman:

I have P3DV4.2 where 494 areas seem to have a happy life.

Now , my answer:

If I read right, I see: El Hierro _P3DV4.zip

I have ORBX GLOBAL +++++ and:

I have also made a try with ORBX / ABP_GCHI.........inactive

Does somebody have an idea how to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, meanwhile it should be known that ALL FTX entries in the scenery library have to be BELOW all other addons. Therefore you must use the feature "Library Insertion Point" within FTX Central. If you dont do so, each time you run FTXCemtral all FTX entries are again put on top of the library.

• Developer

Look's not like, that this Addon was installed via a valid installer process, as the Installer will use the add-on.xml and they will register above any other add-on in the scenery.cfg and the folder for the Alt file is wrong.

And the Name El Hierro-Canaries Islands is never used in this Product.

Please reinstall with the Installer Exe.

Hi Mopperle!

That's is effectively propagated. But with my first 494 areas, I encountered no issue. They are all working fine.

Now I try to add El Herrio and you can see what I get as a result. 

Now I have changed the FTX settings but the scenery is still not to be used. Please have a look:

Hi Mr. OPabst!

I have just run the installer, changing absolutely nothing But lowering the scenery from position 1 to 8.

Now I make a try with position 1 of the list.

The folder for ALT is where the installer put it.   ( valid or not is the one you get when you buy the scenery by Aerosoft inside, I suppose a valid process). As far as I've seen it is also in scenery/ world.,

Maybe, I am the weak point of the problem, but if the scenery is not working when I respect all the instructions, to install it; I  should not be left alone. 

I have seven( yes, very powerful ) computers at home and the one supporting this scenery is exclusively dedicated to P3DV4.2. 

I have bought and used most part of the sceneries sold by Aerosoft and installed hundreds of sceneries on computers of our virtual company. 

Maybe I am too stupid for using El Hierro?

Best regards

daniel

vor 9 Stunden , Felidae sagte:

Hallo,

thanks for your answers.

@ Data 73, are you sure, it was never announced for P3DV4?

Sorry - found the release note just this morning

@data 63 

no problem ! :)

@Autopilot

there is a problem with the config tool:

Malwarebytes is destroying immediately config.exe:" machinelearning: Anomalous 100%"

I mean I had used it just after the installation but now it'is impossible unless I would turn off Malwarebytes and reinstall GCHI ( config.exe has been destroyed completely).

What do you think about this behavior?

Regards

Daniel

@Herman,

You are right. And I am also very circumspect with anti-virus. I only have Microsoft Essentials and Malwarebytes (which is not an anti-virus stricto sensus ).

With this sort of configuration, I never had until El Hierro any problem with sceneries coming from Aerosoft  ( or Sim Wings). And it's a lot.

Microsoft Essentials is not detecting El Hierro config. exe but it has no heuristic function.

I'll try to install El Hierro in a virtual machine to prevent any danger for my PC (or even PC'S as they are all networked). There are many examples of softs coming corrupted from the developing company. 

I am also waiting for the answer of Sim-Wings.

Best regards

Daniel

• Developer

The tool is definive not corrupted provided and it has no critical code included. But if your malware tool means, that reading registry key, reading cfg files, starting the P3D Exe to register the addon and to remove, rename or copy BGL files is malware, we can't help.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Felidae said:

As it is sure that the config. exe is not faultless ( remember the recent affair with the A320 (by Fs Labs) spy program).

Do you suggest that our installer contains malware sir? I can assure you it does not and we do not like a rumor like this going round. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

@Felidae, the best is to make an exclude of all P3Dv4 (and addons) related folders in the settings of Malwarebytes and MS Essentials. This will prevent false positives.

And to my knowledge OPabst is the developer of the config tool. He gave you already an answer.

Hello Masterhawk,

After deactivating Malwarebytes(and whitelisting  P3DV4 as suggested) the installation run as expected and now the scenery is very pleasant.

A question remains unanswered:

Why is the config. exe for El Hierro the only one detected as suspicious by Malwarebytes??

I have installed Barcelona, Mallorca, Ibiza, Menorca, Heathrow, La Palma, ...and with them no problem.

It is obvious that something ('may be completely harmless)  in GCHI Config tool and only in GCHI triggers the reaction of Malwarebytes.

And how Aerosoft has insulted me and threatened me via a private mail is beyond any discussion and absolutely disappointing.

Thank for your kind help and friendly words

Daniel from Paris/ France

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Do you suggest that our installer contains malware sir? I can assure you it does not and we do not like a rumor like this going round. 

With a program history showing "M:\Downloads2\Nice LFMN v1.1\Crack\Activator.exe", I don't believe he would suggest anyone else doing something wrong???

• Aerosoft
20 hours ago, Pease_W said:

With a program history showing "M:\Downloads2\Nice LFMN v1.1\Crack\Activator.exe", I don't believe he would suggest anyone else doing something wrong???

Mmmmm, indeed. We will ban him from all support until we get a explanation for that.  Good find.

You must be pretty silly to post an screenshot like that on our forum.

Archived