PFPX crashed, failed module atigktxx.dll

The name of the failed application: PFPX.exe, version: 1.2.8.9, time stamp: 0x59bd7f26
The name of the failed module: atioglxx.dll, version: 23.20.15033.5003, time stamp: 0x5ab4271c
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Error offset: 0x002917b4
Id of the failed process: 0x2b94
The time to run the failed application: 0x01d3d1b091b2fdbf
The path of the failed application: C: \ aerosoft \ Professional Flight Planner X \ PFPX.exe
The path of the failed module: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ DriverStore \ FileRepository \ c0326037.inf_amd64_6cad8aeb5717c52d \ B326079 \ atioglxx.dll
Report ID: a58eee1b-9c42-46e9-9252-699d8b84dcea

this is done: 

and I have installed latest version  driver  for GPU RX580, cpu RYZEN 1600, win 10.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

checked the validity of those files? 

checked the validity... crashed occurs precisely during actions with the 3d window  application  of the  world map ...

Mine has been doing this error for months now with 1.28.9i.  There are a few others on this forum who have reported the same.  No solution has been found, and no help on further diagnosing the problem has been offered other than the standard update the graphics card and update/reinstall VC_redist.x64 and VC_redist.x86 2017.  Once we get to that point, no further assistance or diagnosing is offered.

I have recently installed windows10 (2 weeks ago) and I still have the same crash (this was a complete new build, hard drive wipe, new virgin install of windows 10, not an "upgrade").  So, somehow my two versions of windows has become corrupt (I had windows 7 before this with the same, exact crash with PFPX)??

To sum up, since 1.28.9i was released last fall I've:

- Unintalled, and reinstalled VC_redist.x64 and VC_redist.x86 2017 countless times.

- Updated my video drivers every time a new version came out

- Went from windows 7 to Windows 10

I still have the PFPX crash...

Rolling back to 1.28.9c "cures" the problem.

It definitly has something to do with the World Map...something in the vector drawing, or something like that is failing PFPX.  If I use another tab in 1.28.9i (like the scratchpad, or notams) the program doesn't fail.  As soon as I select "World Map", PFPX crashes.

The map works fine in 1.28-9c.  So, my guess is something introduced from "c" to "i" is failing PFPX with some ATI cards.  Using google, atioglxx.dll has something to do with OpenGL.  That's as far as my expertise goes.  I tried everything I could find on google to fix the atioglxx.dll error to no avail.

Maybe, one day, some one from FlightSimSoft could chime in here to work with some of us?  Both Tom and Mathijs do a good job holding down the fort (thank you), but only the developer can help us all find the root cause.

On 4/12/2018 at 1:13 AM, Tom A320 said:

Please try to update the driver of your ATI graphics board to the latest available version. 

I answered above:

On 4/11/2018 at 9:26 PM, radeon29 said:

and I have installed latest version  driver  for GPU RX580

On 4/12/2018 at 7:30 AM, netshadoe said:

It definitly has something to do with the World Map...

On 4/12/2018 at 7:30 AM, netshadoe said:

The map works fine in 1.28-9c.  So, my guess is something introduced from "c" to "i" is failing PFPX with some ATI cards.  Using google, atioglxx.dll has something to do with OpenGL. 

absolutely agree!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 11:21 PM, Drmaldition said:

Update. With the new Windows 10 April update it seems that the problem has gone...

No, the error still exists ...

Still getting the crash.  I have an all new system.  New Windows Install.  new Hard Dribes.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled PFPX and it will work for one reboot and then it goes back to this same error the others are getting.  I have the latest ATI drivers.  The issue is not my machine and it appears the last fix is the issue.  PLEASE respond.  I still have not seen a solution arise to this issue.

Faulting application name: PFPX.exe, version: 1.2.8.9, time stamp: 0x59bd7f26
Faulting module name: atioglxx.dll, version: 6.14.10.13399, time stamp: 0x563a781a
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00256eef
Faulting process id: 0x2254
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3f94958478ec0
Faulting application path: D:\aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X\PFPX.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atioglxx.dll
Report Id: c0ddb052-e62b-4d45-aa18-eb43e7df276a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

59bd7f26
      atioglxx.dll
      563a781a
      c000041d
      00256eef
      01d3f94958478ec0
      D:\aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X\PFPX.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atioglxx.dll

• 3 weeks later...

Follow up:  all of my drivers are up to date, Windows is up to date, the C++ libraries are up to date, and if I uninstall PFPX and reinstall it, it will work for one session. After I reboot I get the exact same error.  My only solution to use it is to uninstall/reinstall every single time I use it.  I don’t know if that helps narrow down the issue but the error is alway the same ATI .dll file every time. 

• 2 months later...

Any update on this - same issue - crashes - managed to get as far as starting a route import when got to update it crashed to desktop with no error message. Same ATI card in this particular machine, Windows 10 all up to date drivers etc.

• 1 month later...
On 16.4.2018 at 23:01, FlightSimSoft.com sagte:

We'll have a look on that!

So will there be any updates regarding this issue?

I am trying the v1.28.9i hotfix after every release of a new AMD driver, but the problem is persistent. For me the only solution is keep using v1.28.9c since the release of hotfix 'i' a year ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived