FSX Antarctica X: Planes crash on ice runways

Martin J.

Hi Icemen,

just got Antarctica X Boxed, liked it immensely and downloaded appropriate free (ski)-planes (e.g. Basler, LC-130, Dash 7 - some actually recommended by LimeSim).

Problem: on most Ice Runways they seem to hit invisible small obstacles on the way as they crash/jump at one point during land/start. Some ice runways seem to be better graded (e.g. Kunlun), can get off there with all planes - same with Rothera gravel.

Irrespective of "Detailled LC" (thats only optical anyway, right?) and FS Global Local Mesh set to "yes/no"

Aerosoft Otter is fine of course everywhere.

Test: as I have seen the Otters gear shock-absorbers working heavily e.g. on the rough Rothera Emergency, I used the freeware Pilatus Porter there (with its looong shockers) and bingo: no problem too.

Whats going on: intended hyperrealism, bug, setting or something between my ears?

Advice is welcome.

Thanks and regards

MJ

• Aerosoft

I think you are running headfirst into one of the many issues with crash detection. Most scenery developers are removing all crash detection from their scenery (meaning you can't crash when you drive through buildings etc). I suggest just disabling crash detection. Will even speed up the sim.

Archived