Paintkit Issue

Hello,

I am having an issue with the paintkit and i cant figure out what i am doing wrong. I used the united base kit, then turn off all things that are united off except base. The united name and tail is bleeding through my paint. I did not use the S files, is that why? Do i have to use them?

Attached is a picture. All lights are off. You can the tail of the united, and the words on the body. Only not turned off in the paintkit was the white base layer.

Please login to display this image.

Hi tdorher!

It is very clear, what is "bleeding through" here. The textures, how also the manual states, consists not only from the RGB channels, but also the alpha channels. Those were not updated by you. In the case of the _C texture the alpha channel controls how much of the environment is reflected by the pixel. So having more glossy parts to simulate,

you make the amount stronger. In the older shading engine of FSX that overglows at some daylight conditions, so with brighter colors you tend to reduce the glossy effect.

Inside the _S (specular) texture, you control the wideness of the sun hilight. Also the alpha layer is to adjust here. So having the hilight spread over a larger area lets you simuoate a more rough or matte surface. Having the alpha channel here with a brighter value is shrinking the hilight area, making the surface look more like high glossy coat or glass.

I hope that makes the situation clearer, which you are currently in!

• 2 months later...

I am still a little confused on how to fix this. I did the s texture as well but the rings on the tail are still showing. What should I edit or change to get rid of this? Sorry still newer to painting and just wanting to learn for future paints

Archived