I'm thinking about updating my hardware as what I currently got is getting pretty outdated. I've let my eyes fall on the following parts:

ASUS TUF X299 MARK 2, socket 2066

Intel® Core i7-7800X, 3,5 GHz (4,0 GHz Turbo Boost) socket 2066

Arctic Freezer 33

G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4 3200MHz

I currently got:

ASUS P8H61 Pro, socket 1155

Intel® Core i7-2600, 3,4 GHz socket 1155

Default CPU cooler (came with the CPU)

8 GB DDR3 ram (some unknown brand)

Any thoughts? For the moment my current hardware is still sufficient, but there are some pretty heavy add-ons coming up and I want to be prepared for them.

Running P3D v4.2 with ORBX Global, Vector and OpenLandclass, PMDG 737NGX and a load of airport add-ons from Aerosoft and other vendors.

True, but I'm also eyeing the Kingston KC1000 NVMe PCIe SSD, 480 GB. This requires a PCIe x4 slot which my current motherboard doesn't have. However I'm still in doubt about the SSD, therefor I didn't mention it before. Chances are I'll buy that later.

One of the things that bothers me is that my current motherboard only supports up to 16 GB of ram memory and in the long run I doubt if this is going to be enough. I can replace my current 8 GB with new 16 GB, but if later I'm buying that new motherboard I'll have to replace it again. That would be a waste of money. It isn't exactly the most fancy gaming motherboard I have, it's rather plain and low-budget.

Archived