A few questions

peter197

Hello,

I have a few questions to shoot.

In regards to the Mk.53 variants, will there ever be any consideration to having options of a ventral tank without guns, and the option to add overwing tanks? Quite a few of the images I've seen of Saudi Lightnings have had clean ventral tanks.

The second question is this - because of the fact that both the T5 Lightning and Mk.53 Lightnings have the special shiny external, while the original F3 and F6 expansions did not, is there a possible cheeky workaround that I could create an F6 model by having the F6 mdl interior and then the F53 mdl exterior, or would there be conflicts? I want to do an 11 squadron repaints of them in the 60s.

Cheers,

Peter

3 hours ago, peter197 said:

Hello,

I have a few questions to shoot.

In regards to the Mk.53 variants, will there ever be any consideration to having options of a ventral tank without guns, and the option to add overwing tanks? Quite a few of the images I've seen of Saudi Lightnings have had clean ventral tanks.

The second question is this - because of the fact that both the T5 Lightning and Mk.53 Lightnings have the special shiny external, while the original F3 and F6 expansions did not, is there a possible cheeky workaround that I could create an F6 model by having the F6 mdl interior and then the F53 mdl exterior, or would there be conflicts? I want to do an 11 squadron repaints of them in the 60s.

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Peter

If you want the Saudi lightning with the ferry tank just  put the Saudi textures on the Kuwait model  .... and vice versa.

No intention of including overwings , I was at a loss where the gauges were mounted , also the object of the 53 was to introduce the underwing weapons .... but you can't fly pylons and overwings so it defeats the object ! .... ... you can always put a Saudi texture on the F6 ? 

You could take the F53 exterior rename it F6 ....... there will be some anomalies with some textured parts... so you would have to check round the model and transfer over any sheets that have a mismatch.   The wing hard points and cabin conditioning pipes would be wrong, but hardly noticeable . not sure where you would stand with the loading sheet though ...... Try it and see ! ;)

The F6 paint kit  should work OK.

As ever

Dave

Archived