Rome texture file conflicting with default scenery with .xml

Nicrative

Hello,

I found out on the latest Rome update for P3Dv4 that if the scenery is added though add-ons.xml method to scenery library there is a file that makes default runway textures partially black. I did hunt down the exact file being "runway_marks.dds" by adding and removing files until I could pinpoint this exact file triggering the issue. When scenery is loaded in the sim the "old way" via addon scenery menu there is no issue.

I like all my sceneries being added via .xml method because it makes my simulator install much cleaner and easier to add/remove scenery by just moving the files in my documents. Could you please have a look at this and possibly fix it if possible.

Thanks a lot!
Nic

Hello Masterhawk,

Sorry for late reply as I have been busy all day. Here is the code from my add-on.xml

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Aerosoft Mega Airport Rome</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Aerosoft Mega Airport Rome</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Rome\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Rome2015\Scenery</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Texture</Category>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Rome\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Rome2015\Texture</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Rome\Effects</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Nicrative said:

Hello Masterhawk,

Sorry for late reply as I have been busy all day. Here is the code from my add-on.xml

Hide contents

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Aerosoft Mega Airport Rome</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Aerosoft Mega Airport Rome</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Rome\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Rome2015\Scenery</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Texture</Category>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Rome\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Rome2015\Texture</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Rome\Effects</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Hi, I think I found your error.

you do not need the texture component. Prepar3D does find the textures for a scenery by itself. If you define a texture component you would also have to define the texture type (ui, world, global). In your scenery component path, remove the “\scenery”, Prepar3D also will find this folder by itself.

In short:

1. Edit scenery path

2. Remove texture component 

Archived