Mallorca X

BigMalc1

I hope someone can help with my scenery issue.

I'm using Prepa3d v4.2 along with Orbx FTX Global, Vector & OpenLC Europe on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I appear to have some layering problems as there are trees and buildings on the apron and runways at LEPA.

I have tried de-selecting various parts of the scenery library but with limited if any success.

Hopefully the screnshot will explain the problem better?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well not a problem of Mallorca, but of your installation. Please show us a screenshot of your library to see where Mallorca is sitting.

Also what version of Mallorca do you have installed?

That's how it should look like with all Orbx stuff installed:

Hi Mopperle, I'm attaching a couple of screenshots for your perusal. I've noticed that the Mallorca scenery is added to Prepa3d Ecosystems folder. Is this normal? Mallorca is V105.

Many thanks,

Malcolm.

• Developer

That looks not like a well installed Scenery with the V1.05 Installer. He will not install Mallorca X into the Ecosystem\Aerosoft folder direct, there must be a subfolder. And it installes not only one Entry, because here in your installation the complete Islandground is missing.

Remove the entry from the Library and then run the original Installer 1.05 for P3D V4 again.

Hi, I removed Mallorca X using Add/Remove programmes and then reinstalled as Admin with antivirus and antimalware turned off.

Any attempt to put it in a different folder other than the default resulted in a pop-up window stating " Could not find Microsoft Flight Simulator X".

Hardly surprising as I don't use it!

I'm attaching a couple of screenshots showing the top and bottom of the scenery library, the only other active entries are the defaults that cannot be deactivated.

Regards,

Malcolm.

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH I have no idea what happens/what you are doing:

Are you sure you downloaded the correct installer from your shop account? The file should look like this:

When you run the installer it gives you the option to install in P3Dv4:

After the installation under ...P3D/Ecosystem/Aerosoft there should be two other folders:

And your scenery library should look like this with exaktly this order:

And I'm still wondering how you got the strange order of the default entries in your library. Are you fiddling around with any fancy tool?

• Deputy Sheriffs

This looks to me like the old "Mallorca X" for FS9+FSX and not "Mallorca X Evolution".

"Mallorca X" is not compatible with P3Dv4.

I have the airport in the scenery folder but not the terrain.

I don't "fiddle" with add-ons I follow the instructions.

I have Scenery Config v1.1.9 but don't always use it, having said that if I add the airport and terrain using SC it might work?

Regards,

Malcolm.

• Deputy Sheriffs
43 minutes ago, BigMalc1 said:

I don't "fiddle" with add-ons I follow the instructions.

If you would have done so, then Mallorca would have been correctly installed

43 minutes ago, BigMalc1 said:

I have Scenery Config v1.1.9 but don't always use it, having said that if I add the airport and terrain using SC it might work?

IMHO this is the source of the problem and also explains the strange order of other entries in your library. And no, adding it with SC doesnt solve the problem, as the other folder is missing. I suggest you uninstall Mallorca, download the latest installer from your shop account, install it again checking with the steps I showed you above. If this still doesnt work you might consider a fresh install of P3D, as your scenery library got messed up for whatever reason.

I have downloaded and installed the latest version from the Aerosoft shop.

I followed your guide but it hasn't added the file to the scenery library.

I feel that this scenery is not compatible with the LATEST vesion of P3D = 4.2.21.24048

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well it is compatible with  P3Dv4.2, see my screenshot.

Add it manually by adding both path to the library, LEPA_EVO_TERRAIN and LEPA_EVO_Airport and make sure that AIRPROT is above TERRAIN.

Also I strongly suggest you make sure that ALL FTX entries are below ALL other addons in your library. Use the Library Insertion Point in FTXCentral.

Add. note:

In your screenshot I see 2 folder Textures and Scenry below Aerosoft. Where are they coming from?

I'm not sure if they installed at the same time, but I've opened them in seperate windows and they are identical!

When you say add them manually do you mean from within P3D's library when running the programme?

• Deputy Sheriffs
16 minutes ago, BigMalc1 said:

When you say add them manually do you mean from within P3D's library when running the programme?

Yes and do not point to folders inside LEPA_EVO_TERRAIN and LEPA_EVO_Airport !

Everything working as normal now. It would appear that both Microsoft and Aerosoft's removal tool aren't quite thorough enough.

Manual deletion of leftover files did the trick.

Thanks to all,

Malcolm.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived