Airbus X Exterior issue

Foxpilot

Hi all, 

I have been trying to solve this problem for hours, trying suggestions given on forums etc.. Without any success. 

The problem is that both the Airbus A318 and 19 won't load the exterior textures- the famous skeleton or invisible exterior. Not in the preview (in the free flight menu) nor in the exterior view at the airport. I first suspected that Ezdok was the cause of the problem, however I ran the configuration tool multiple times and the PMDG 737 and 777 are working fine. I reininstalled Ezdok and FSX SP2, without success. 

Finally, I have found a solution. When I select "preview DirectX 10", the exterior of the airbus is visible in the preview screen as well as in the exterior views. What's the reason behind this? And is this a requirement?

With DirectX 10 enabled, changing views between cockpit and exterior takes very long to load, in such a way that the FSX logo appears in the cockpit windows and the cockpit colours blue.. 

Is there a different solution for solving the exterior problem?

Best,

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello,

this is most likely not related to the DX10 preview but the available RAM/VAS situation on your machine. 

Can you tell me the amount of RAM you have installed in your machine and if you have the HIGHMEMFIX installed within your FSX?

• Deputy Sheriffs

The DX10 preview mode is not necessary for the Airbus to be drawn correctly. Do you have the highmemfix applied?

6 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Hello,

this is most likely not related to the DX10 preview but the available RAM/VAS situation on your machine. 

Can you tell me the amount of RAM you have installed in your machine and if you have the HIGHMEMFIX installed within your FSX?

Thanks for the quick response! I have got 16GB of RAM installed, and I have the Highmemfix=1 in my fsx.cfg under Graphics. Strangely, I have had no problems with the PMDG products. I remember, having the same problems with the aerosoft CRJ.

9 minutes ago, mopperle said:

The DX10 preview mode is not necessary for the Airbus to be drawn correctly. Do you have the highmemfix applied?

Thank for your help Mopperle! Yes, I do have it in my fsx.cfg . 

• Deputy Sheriffs

As FSX is a 32bit application it is limited to 4GB usable memory, regardless of how much RAM you have installed.

With the HIGHMEMFIX it is even less, just 3GB.

Running short (not yet out) of memory causes issues you face. This is not add-on related but a system immanent problem.

What you can do is to reduce the scenery complexity settings in your FSX configuration and also use a scenery manager (e.g. SIMstarter NG) to only have the two airports enabled you need for your current flight and all other 3rd party airports disabled. This will drastically lower the memory consumption of the simulator and will fix the texture issue you face.

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, VosDaan9 said:

Yes, I do have it in my fsx.cfg . 

And from which place did you take the fsx.cfg?

4 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

As FSX is a 32bit application it is limited to 4GB usable memory, regardless of how much RAM you have installed.

Running short (not yet out) of memory causes issues you face. This is not add-on related but a system immanent problem.

What you can do is to reduce the scenery complexity settings in your FSX configuration and also use a scenery manager (e.g. SIMstarter NG) to only have the two airports enabled you need for your current flight and all other 3rd party airports disabled. This will drastically lower the memory consumption of the simulator and will fix the texture issue you face.

But if this is the case, how can it be that the PMDG 737 and 777 (which are known to be heavier on performance) are running perfectly fine? It isn't that my PC can't handle the Airbus, I even get 30 fps (limited at 30 fps) in the cockpit at Flytampa Amsterdam. Plus, the missing of the exterior starts already in the preview screen. The performance cannot be the issue, I suppose.

23 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

I have set all the sliders to the left, without any success unfortunately. 

I find it so strange that nothing seems to help, except for enabling Directx 10 which I never use or have used before.

Archived