Real life Lightnings..

Some more real Lightnings

Please login to display this image.

That's an interesting scheme on XR753, I assume it was painted like that specifically for the airshow reason maybe @wingman5 can shed some light.... & I'm glad you're enjoying the repaints, the T4 prototype is finished but I've had some computer issues recently so all being well I can upload it tomorrow

C.

Hi Cameron,

I think the scheme was for the 1983 airshow season.  I'm not sure if it was a special airshow scheme or had some military use.  I think there is a repaint of that very jet in the F3 pack.

David

4 hours ago, TheCameronPerson said:

That's an interesting scheme on XR753, I assume it was painted like that specifically for the airshow reason maybe @wingman5 can shed some light.... & I'm glad you're enjoying the repaints, the T4 prototype is finished but I've had some computer issues recently so all being well I can upload it tomorrow

C.

Aye, the scheme was just one of the standard variations ( if you can have such a thing?) . It was designated as that seasons aero's aircraft so the AEROS 83 was added . Mike and the aircraft were sadly lost when he crashed into the sea whilst doing an impromptu display off Scarborough bay...... and yes I did a repaint of it . 

D

This is the only one I've ever come across in person..

It was parked at our local airport in Olympia, WA.  Not sure what happened to it or even how it got there.

Any ideas on it's origin?

--WH

Hmm..  thanks for that.

One more question.  How did they transport it so far?  It doesn't look like its in flying condition.

I'll have to ask the new museum administrator if they still have it.

--WH

1 hour ago, WarHorse47 said:

Hmm..  thanks for that.

One more question.  How did they transport it so far?  It doesn't look like its in flying condition.

I'll have to ask the new museum administrator if they still have it.

--WH

My oracle tells me it is now the property of Orbital Energy ltd, Red Deer Alberta Canada

here's its brief history............

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/lightning/survivor.php?id=395

D

Archived