sky king

Red X at PANC Gates

Recommended Posts

Hi:

 

Upon updating to the latest version of SODE (1.6.2) for other airports, all of a sudden a Red X appears. According to SODE support (and I cut and pasted the below: 

 

"In this version, SODE checks during initialization if each and every SimObject (i.e. the MDL file belonging to a SimTitle) is actually accessible on your disk! If the MDL file is not present, SODE will internally replace that with a “red cross” object to indicate the missing object(s) to the user. Now that the simulator is able to load a model anyway, the stutter will not occur!"

 

So, I am running the latest release (I think) of PANC along with the 4.2 version of P3D.

 

What can I do to fix this?

 

Regards,

 

P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check if there is any PANC related xml files in the Sode/xml folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi:

 

Herman -- I don't  have any European-based software installed (all US/Mexico/Central America/Caribbean). So that post didn't help :( 

 

Oliver, in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml there is a file called "AJS_PANC_SODE.xml" dated 1/5/18.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello again:

 

Update to my previous post, I just tried turning off the above xml file (by renaming the extension) and the red X's disappeared. If that is your file, will I lose any functionality by turning that file off?

 

Thanks so much!

 

SK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you use the free Sode Jetway for PANC from the Sim-wings download Page, you should follow the instructions in the readme. I don't know how you update your SODE, but when the Sode Simobjects folder is deleted, you must use the SODE-OFF.BAT to go back to CTRL+J first, the run SODE-ON-BAT to bring back the Simobjects to the Sode folder.

In the Sode Simpobjects Folder you must then have a AJS_PANC Subfolder too, not only the XML in the Sode\xml folder.

 

But: The SODE Jetways (and SODE at all) are not part of the product, it's a free not here supported offer of Sim-wings.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, sky king said:

Hi:

 

Herman -- I don't  have any European-based software installed (all US/Mexico/Central America/Caribbean). So that post didn't help :( 

 

 

The purpose of my suggestion was to see if what he did would help, not where the location of the airport is where he did it. But in any event, Oliver's advice is likely to be the key to resolution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2018 at 8:42 AM, OPabst said:

When you use the free Sode Jetway for PANC from the Sim-wings download Page, you should follow the instructions in the readme. I don't know how you update your SODE, but when the Sode Simobjects folder is deleted, you must use the SODE-OFF.BAT to go back to CTRL+J first, the run SODE-ON-BAT to bring back the Simobjects to the Sode folder.

In the Sode Simpobjects Folder you must then have a AJS_PANC Subfolder too, not only the XML in the Sode\xml folder.

 

But: The SODE Jetways (and SODE at all) are not part of the product, it's a free not here supported offer of Sim-wings.

 

I didn't use the Sim-wings version. SODE 1.6.2 is required for PacSim's KRNO and was installed automatically. I went to the Sim-Wings site (www.sim-wings.com), and under downloads there is no SODE download shown. Do you have a direct link to that? So I don't have the files you reference above... Also, the ajs_panc subfolder is there with 3 subfolders and a cfg file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sky king said:

 

I didn't use the Sim-wings version. SODE 1.6.2 is required for PacSim's KRNO and was installed automatically. I went to the Sim-Wings site (www.sim-wings.com), and under downloads there is no SODE download shown. Do you have a direct link to that? So I don't have the files you reference above... Also, the ajs_panc subfolder is there with 3 subfolders and a cfg file.

Sorry, but you wrote here 

 

that you have a AJS_PANC_SODE.xml in your Sode folder. Where did you get that file from, when you don't use the sim-wings version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now