Default Language

Swordfish

Hello,

After changing the program language from German into English (Einstellungen --> Programmeinstellungen --> Sprache auswählen: English) it changes back to German every time I restart the program.

Is there maybe a possibility to save the language setting and get English as default language?

Thank you!

• Developer

No. There is not bug like this. Please rename "C:\Aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\data\SIMstarter NG Settings.ini" to "C:\Aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\data\SIMstarter NG Settings.ini.OFF" and restart SIMstarter NG. Make sure that you have sufficent user rights.

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply! 

I renamed the ini file to OFF, and started the program with administrator rights. 

After starting the program it says "Bitte Plattform auswählen" in German.

Changing it to English in the "Einstellungen" is possible but the strange thing is after restarting the Program it first is English and than after a few seconds (Bitte warten...Backup wird ausgeführt) everything (The whole interface) changes in German again.

• Developer

Very, very strange. Even the default language is english not german. Please replace the SIMstarter NG Settings.ini with

this file: SIMstarter NG Settings.ini

Your log file was quite short. Not sufficient information for debugging.

To change the language (PLEASE FOLLOW STEP BY STEP):

1. Open SIMstarter NG
  2. Select your platform
  3. Click Menu > Settings > Program Settings
  4. First Tab > Set Language "ENGLISH" > CLICK OK! (not EXIT SIMstarter NG)
  5. Back to Flight Control Center > Menu > Quit
  6. Restart SIMstarter NG

Yes very strange indeed. 

Could it be possible that it's because of my PC system language?

Replacing the ini file with the one you provided didn't work.

After changing the language step by step like you described the whole user interface turns to English but after a restart it starts in English but after loading the backup (just a few seconds) everything automatically changes in German again.

I also tried to delete the deutsch.lang file, but this results in a error on programstart 

Hello, 

You'll never believe the following:

I started the program directly from the aerosoft folder and the problem disappeared. I deleted the old shortcut on the desktop, made a new one and also the problem didn't occur anymore. I really don't know why but the problem is solved! 

Thank you very much for this brilliant peace of software! 

Archived