Frankfurt Professional NO ILS in sim

Isac2254

Hi, when I am running the sim and flying into EDDF I notice there is no Autoland or ILS for RWY 25R/07L and when I had the version for FSX-SE it was there. Is there any way I can get it into the sim?

Thanks for the help.

• Developer

The Afcad of the Prof Version has the ILS too, there are even 2 ILS each direction on the RWY 07L/25R:

07L 111.75 and 110.30

25R 111.35 and 109.75

But you can try to replace the Afcad with the attached one, there ILS are all in.

Fixed in V1.10

Thank you. However, it didn't help. the RWY and ILS there still is only RWYs 07R, 07C, 25C, 25L, 18. Is there another thing that I might be able to do.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Where are you looking for your available approaches? For example, there are no approaches for runway 18, as it's for departures only. Please look at the NavDataPro (NDP) instrument procedures provided with the Frankfurt Pro add-on and see if there are any ILS's that don't produce a valid nav signal while on the appropriate runway centerline. For your convenience, here's a list of current ILS instrument approach procedures from NDP for EDDF. The "TEMPO" procedures are simply alternate versions of the standard approaches to accommodate a particular NOTAM so there's no need to test for nav signal on them:

Please login to display this image.

BTW, while autoland has some runway equipage requirements, it's an airplane capability, not really an airport one.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Maybe so. Is that where you were looking for the available approaches? If so, which aircraft and what's the vintage of the nav database. Also, which version of the Aerosoft Frankfurt scenery were you using in FSX:SE?

• Deputy Sheriffs

So which aircraft so we can help determine if it's the nav database that's "hiding" some approaches and offering one to runway 18? Also, did you position yourself as I suggested on each runway at the approach end and then tune in the appropriate ILS to see if you get a valid signal (that is, a centered localizer needle and a fly-up command on the glide slope)? That would confirm that you're receiving the signal and the airport is therefore performing as expected.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The only list for EDDF I see that matches yours is the runways available for takeoff. Is this the list you referred to in your second post?

That would explain why you see runway 18 (takeoff only, no landings as I noted and asked about earlier), and why you don't see runway 07L/25R (landings only). The sim will logically and correctly only show runways on the list I copied above because it's the complete list of departure runways, which in this case is not the same as all runways with an ILS. If this is what you were asking about, then it's simply that unlike most airports, EDDF has runways for takeoff only, landing only, and some for both takeoffs and landings.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Update: I just flew all four ILSs to 07L/25R using the frequencies noted by Oliver on Saturday (3/10). I used a helicopter to more easily explore L/R/U/D needle deviation and transition from one ILS to another. All four ILSs for 07L/25R work correctly.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That listing and screen shot is not from the "FMC" in the airplane but from the airport selection page in P3D. That listing correctly shows the only runways at EDDF available for takeoff. That's not the same thing as runways with an ILS or indeed not even a list of runways with some kind of an instrument approach. And why they're in the P3D generated screen where you set your location on the airport to start your flight. As I explained, not all runways you can take off from have ILSs (18) and not all runways with an ILS (07L/25R) are available for takeoff. This exactly replicates the real life configuration at EDDF.

I trust that clarifies for you the purpose of this selection screen.

Here's the same screen in FSX (not FSX:SE, although it should be the same). As you can see, it also only shows the EDDF runways available for takeoff:

You wrote, "yes those are the runways i can se in the FMC in the airplane." As for that, this is what I see in the PMDG 737NGX in the "FMC" for EDDF for ILS approaches. All are shown, including the two each for 07L and 25R:

• Deputy Sheriffs

It's been a week without further information from the OP. Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived