Stall on GA

Hello,

I fly FS for more than 15 years and I never crashed since a PSS Airbus (which did not have enogh power in TOGA to clear obstacles). However, today a very strange thing happened. Upon approach to EGSS METAR told me 2100m visibility but I could not see the runway. Autopilot changed to ALT mode from G/S at 380’ RA, this was the first strange thing. I went around, TOGA, open climb to 5000’. First it was managed speed, then I set it to 180. However, the speed dropped, the plane stalled and crashed. I could not do anything to increase speed. Should such thing happen in normal law? What did I miss?

Some more information: there was no windshear, at least there was neither anything about windshear in the METAR nor did I get windshear aural+visual warnings.

However, I cannot remember the engines spooling up. Neither the sound nor the EPR gauge on the ECAM. Also the rate of climb was very low. An A319 with less than 3t of fuel and a moderate load should skyrocket in TOGA, but it did not. Even without TOGA, just open climb it should achieve a high climb rate. But it only climbed slightly, then it maybe leveled off because of stall protection, but there was no engine power. It seems the throttles (although first in CL, then in TOGA) stuck in approach power mode. That is not enough even for a level flight.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you have this problem all the time or are we talking about an one time event where you do not remember everything anymore?

As much as we would like to chit chat we can only give support for recurring problems. If it happened only once there are to many variables to come to any conclusion and it would be theoretically only. 

This was the first time, and I hope it will not occur anymore. Real-world Airbus pilots confirmed me that this should not happen in normal law and you do not simulate anything else.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please report back if it ever happens again so we can try to troubleshoot the possible problem. 

Thanks

ps, I could tell you stories about what should not happen with the RW Airbus but does anyway. But I will leave that for some flightsim convention. ;)

Archived