LDG Elevation can't be changed (v1.0.6.0)

GEK_the_Reaper

Hello guys,

i've noticed that I can no longer change the LDG ELEV after entering DEP/ARR airports. With nothing programmed into the MCDU you can select any LDG ELEV by turning the knob. After inserting DAP and ARR ARP it automatically gets stuck at the elev of the arriving ARP.

I used (as per tutorial flight) to dial in the LDG ELEV of the DEP ARP (in case you would have to return to it - "theoretically" speaking) and then dial a new LDG ELEV as per descent checklist.

Regards,

Gerald

Same here. 1st flight had the correct elevation.  2nd flight, the tutorial, had KMRY's elevation at -257. That's minus 257.

P3Dv4.2, Win10-64, default weather, nothing else.

I'll have to check this out as I don't recall having this issue in 4.2. I find that the aircraft automatically selects the correct landing elevation. I've done a couple turnarounds and noticed the landing elevation has changed once I've put in the new flightplan. However, I have not tried manually changing it, but I'll give it a go next time I fly.

Vor 1 Stunde, Hans Hartmann sagte:

As far as I am aware, the FMC arrival airport's elevation overrides the manual landing elevation setting.

Well, v1.0.3.0 did work :).

As I recall it , even the CRJ turorial (it's been a while since I've flown it) tells you to first dial the LDG ELV of the DEP ARP and only way further in the flight, the elev. of ARR ARP....

I also recall forgetting to set the right ELEV in one flight but no alarms went off, had no complaints from passangers and the doors did open :DDD.

I was correct!

The tutorial manual says on page 35:

2. LDG ELEV .......... SET

Overhead Panel

Please dial in the landing elevation of your departure field (120 ft). In case you have to return after your take-off the correct altitude is already set.

Then on page 39 it say's:

1. LDG ELEV ............ SET

Overhead Panel

Dial in the landing field elevation (260 ft). This enables the cabin pressurization system to minimize the pressure difference after landing.

I'm sure I used this in 1.0.3.0.

Best regards,

Gerald

21 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

I'm sure I used this in 1.0.3.0.

Best regards,

Gerald

Gerald, you are correct.  I recall the same thing from the previous version.

Cheers,

Brent

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2018 at 7:49 PM, Propane said:

Setting landing elevation to departure airport is not necessary. The automatic pressurization will automatically assume departure airport landing elevation in Flight Abort Mode (not climbed above 6000ft in 10 minutes and descent rate of 1000fpm or more initiated). If you have to return after climbing higher already, then the checklist should trigger you to set the appropriate elevation.

In practice, at least in my operator and other CRJ operators I have jumpseated with, you just set landing elevation of the arrival airport. The automatic pressurization controller will use this info to select the appropriate pressurization schedule for climb. As far as I am aware, the FMS has no influence on the selected landing elevation.

Long story short, don't set departure airport elevation, and landing elevation doesn't care about what the FMS says.

Long story short, I cannot change the landing elevation at all!

Needs to be looked at please,

Trevor

This is true...thats why I opened the thread. It was possible in prior versions but apearantly it is not the case anymore :o.

Find it odd because if you should not change the ELEV than why the heck is the dial there ;)  ??

Archived