PFPX crashes when entering certain arri/dep fields

Hi, I have had this issue with VHHX and NZWD so far, and it happens when I use the "Add flight" function to add a flight. Entering these airports (I've only encountered issues on these 2 airports so far) in the departure field would see the map go to the location as usual, and PFPX will just stop responding, indicating that my AIRAC is installed and the airport is recognized as it shows on the map and the name of the airport appears at the status bar below. Entering it in the arrival field, it stops responding straight. Otherwise, I have not encountered any issues with the software so far. I am running V1.28. I have uploaded a screenshot tha I hope can help. 

Please login to display this image.

By the way, I already have 2017 vcredist installed, and I see all the older versions starting from 2008 up to 2015 installed. Is it safe to uninstall them and not affect other applications?

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, don't uninstall them!!! You most definitely have lots of applications installed that still need them. 

An application that was generated (compiled) with an old Microsoft development environment lets say 2008 (i.e. Visual Studio 2008) still needs those old libraries.It will not use the newer ones.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2018 at 7:44 PM, Tom A320 said:

No, don't uninstall them!!! You most definitely have lots of applications installed that still need them. 

An application that was generated (compiled) with an old Microsoft development environment lets say 2008 (i.e. Visual Studio 2008) still needs those old libraries.It will not use the newer ones.

Alright, I got the point now. Thanks once again!

On 05/03/2018 at 8:06 PM, srcooke said:

You have the 2017 vcredist  X86 installed not just X64 ?

Yep, everything is in order. Thanks for the help!

Archived