1.0.5 FMS CTD still present

2 hours ago, Ken_G said:

FMS CTD changing flightplan after loading an approach is still present.

Ken,

The boss is right.  I think everyone is aware that the CRJ is made for three different base simulators, and since one of those is 64-bit and the other are 32-bit there are a LOT of differences between them.  Telling us there is a problem without telling us which simulator you're using is exactly like saying "I have a problem with my flight simulator".  All we can do is acknowledge you sent us a message, but we can't do anything more than that.

Since you believe the problem is associated with entering a flightplan, we would need the flightplan you used, otherwise we can't act on your report.

Finally, since it a CTD, it would be incredibly help for us to see the crash report.  There is a free application which makes finding the crash report extremely easy, and you then copy and paste the crash report in a message to us here in the forums.  The application is AppCrashView.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Best wishes my friend.

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Ken, instead of making double posts, why not give us some more information?

What sim? What OS? What flight plan?

Mathijs,

Clearly, as both posts went up exactly 21 hours ago something happened. Promise I only hit post once. Not sure why it double posted, please delete the redundant and unnecessary second post.

SIM: P3Dv4.2

Flight Plan: KACK ACK V141 KBOS ILS 33L VECTOR

After crossing the BOS VORDME ATC vectored me back for the ILS 33L, FMS already sequenced to the missed approach, when I tried to reload the ILS 33L approach and sequence the legs BENNN COHAS the sim became unresponsive and CTD. This is repeatable and has happened on all versions. This seems to happen on all STAR and approaches if you change the STAR or Approach it causes a CTD.

AppCrashView does not seem compatible with W10 as it shows 0 crashes. I checked the event viewer and it is crashing in a method that is not creating a report. P3D will state (Not Responding) the application will turn a ghost-like color and eventually dump me back into W10.

As I stated above this is consistent and repeatable. All I have to do is change a STAR or APPROACH in the FMS and it will cause a crash. Flying other products into the same airport does not seem to cause this problem. 

11 hours ago, Ken_G said:

AppCrashView does not seem compatible with W10 as it shows 0 crashes.

It's compatible. There are a few things that can result in a crash that Windows doesn't register. That information is actually helpful.

Thanks.

• Developer

@Ken_G

Appcrashview doesn't help here. What would help would be this: your flightplan with departure and arrival airports and runways, your position on the flightplan and the steps before the CTD.

We all have our own ways to operate an FMC. Some select the approach first, others the runway and so on. So, the more detailed your description is, the higher is the probability that I can track down and fix this issue.

Same here. I flew from FRA to MUC. The flightplan was RWY18 DKB8S T104 ANOR3A RWY08L.

Over ANORA, as the wind on MUC changed, I would change the RWY. So P3D crashed.

My System: P3D v4.2, WIN10pro 1709

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

@Ken_G

Appcrashview doesn't help here. What would help would be this: your flightplan with departure and arrival airports and runways, your position on the flightplan and the steps before the CTD.

We all have our own ways to operate an FMC. Some select the approach first, others the runway and so on. So, the more detailed your description is, the higher is the probability that I can track down and fix this issue.

Depart KACK RWY 6

Flight Plan ACK V141 BOS

Arrive KBOS

Altitude 12,000'

Appx DUNKK ATC advised expect vectors ILS 33L KBOS

Followed Rockwell Collins recommended procedures for loading ILS

1. DEP ARR function key – push.

2. LSK (adjacent to the approach for the desired airport) – push.

3. Push the LSK next to the desired approach under the APPROACHES list. The selected approach shows in large green font and the selected transition under the TRANS title, VECTORS shows in large green font (default). --Selected ILS33L and VECTORS

4. Push the LSK for the desired STAR. The selected STAR shows in large green font.-- NA

5. Push the LEGS function key on the CDU to show the ACT/MOD LEGS page.

6. Make sure that the flight plan is correct on the CDU and MFD, then push the EXEC function key to execute the flight plan. When the flight plan accepts the change, the MOD annunciation changes to ACT.

ATC vectored the aircraft over the BOS VOR so the approach was overflown descending from 12,000' to 3,000' once I realized the FMS sequenced to the Missed Approach I reloaded the approach following the above steps. Legs remained in Missed Approach and I selected Direct to BENNN. FMS caused a CTD at that time. 

• Developer

OK, the reason for the sequencing is that the waypoints of the missed approach procedure fulfill the conditions of the next waypoint switch due to being right behind the aircraft when it closes in on BOS (ignore the yellow stuff on the MFD... that's debug data) - it's really an extreme case:

Please login to display this image.

BENNN wasn't part of the flightplan as I entered it, so I entered it on the LEGS page as a non-Fpln direct. That worked fine. On the second flight, I used DIR INTC instead, no CTD either. So, for now I'm going to look for a solution for the sequencing problem.

6 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

OK, the reason for the sequencing is that the waypoints of the missed approach procedure fulfill the conditions of the next waypoint switch due to being right behind the aircraft when it closes in on BOS (ignore the yellow stuff on the MFD... that's debug data) - it's really an extreme case:

BENNN wasn't part of the flightplan as I entered it, so I entered it on the LEGS page as a non-Fpln direct. That worked fine. On the second flight, I used DIR INTC instead, no CTD either. So, for now I'm going to look for a solution for the sequencing problem.

I've seen this on other approaches in this product, especially those with a procedure track.

I am not sure of the logic you use for the crossing of waypoints identified as FAF and MAP (ARINC 424 Fx##, MA##, and RW##) but one published solution is TKE (track error) should be less than 15 degrees and cross-track should be less than 0.3nm. The FAF and MAP shouldn't just be behind the jet but you have crossed that point within a certain window.

I'll try flying it again as it is a short route.

Thank you,

-Ken

Tonight I was doing the following:

KORD-KDTW in the CRJ700

Route:  RAYNR BRTMN DNIKA TAAYZ PETTY MKG POLAR6  - Exported this route from Simbrief

Initial programming I set up everything including my take off runway 28R.  BTW, this is where I notice the first problem. Not all the runways appear at KORD.  However, if you select one, the rest will appear and you can select the correct runway.  Also, while here, I removed the Airports from the display suing the MFD Menu.

Took off from KORD on rwy 28R intersection EE with runway 28R selected.  Normal climb.  Between PETTY and MKG started planning my descent and arrival.  Because I had imported from Simbrief, my plan had everything but the approach runway selected. So, I went in and selected 4R.  However, as I got closer, I was told I would switch to 4L.  So, I went in to change the runway and unlike other FMS, I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the runway. I deleted the 4R in the flight plan and then went back to DEP/ARR to select a runway. Now, none of the runways appear. I clicked the ARR Data to see if I could get any clues there and BAM, CTD.   When flying, I pop out both of the Displays (MFD) and the Map (don't know the technical term).  Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I'm on P3D V4.2 and 1.0.5 version of the CRJ.  I'm running Windows 10, 16GB ram and a GeoForce GTX video card.  I allso have Aerosoft Cities Detroit and FSDT ORD and GSX running.  Behind the scenes I have Active Sky and ENVTEX and ENVSHADE running. 

Hopefully this will get you some more info.  Glad the Nav issue is at least fixed.   

I'm in process of doing the flight again but I'm not going to select my runway until right before  I get close on my approach.  

Thanks,

Eric

Archived