Managed Descent Issues

Hi All,

I have the AXE bundle on v1.31. I am running FSX: SE on Windows 10.

This has been an issue for a while but becoming far more frequent now hence me reaching out for support.

The following is an example of an issue that occurs on a lot of descents into differing airports:

Take off LFPG RWY 8L heading for EGLL RWY 27L. Star is BIG4B. Fully managed flight on AP1. At TOD, I select ALT 2400 and click to start managed descent. At 10-12000ft, the pink dot sinks and I get the "More Drag" warning on the PFD. I then have to manually select a VS to catch up to the pink dot or I end up 000's of feet above the GS capture height.

Why does the managed mode do this so often? Although fully managed, it regularly will miss the selected altitude.

On a side note, EXPED seems top be deactivated and I can't use it. Any reason why or how do I enable it?

Thanks.

Neil

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Regarding the EXPED button please read this topic:

About your other issues:

Does this happen with all variants of the Airbus?

Please show us a screenshot before you activate the descent, showing FCU, PFD and ND.

Archived