Repaint question

DavidA

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone had done/fancied doing a repaint of XS897/AC of 5sqdn just before the types retirement.  I think the jet was painted slightly differently to the rest.  

All the best

David 

22 hours ago, DavidA said:

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone had done/fancied doing a repaint of XS897/AC of 5sqdn just before the types retirement.  I think the jet was painted slightly differently to the rest.  

All the best

David 

Hi David

You talking about this one ............?

Please login to display this image.

Looks to me like a good one to  try your hand at !:D

D

That's the one.  Sadly if I tried my hand it, I don't think it would work out very well!!!!  I have no idea about repainting

It's not really proper AI.  I used FS recorder to create the image.  That said with just the lightning's and all other AI's switched off the frames didn't seem bad at all.  Stay tuned I'm about to use one of your 74 sqdn repaints for another image!

David

19 hours ago, TheCameronPerson said:

@DavidA I'll just package this up then I'll upload it on here for you..

C.

Hi Cameron

Ah Binbrook in the snow .... Oh joy!... trundling up and down the runway sat in a box between two Derwents attached to a bowser... but that's another story :ph34r:.

I haven't had the tape measure out but the bars on the nose look a tad broad , it was narrower than the  originals. The red  band on the tail logo is definitely too thick .... it shouldn't be there at all !  .... Picky..Picky.....picky    ;)

D

8 hours ago, wingman5 said:

The red  band on the tail logo is definitely too thick .... it shouldn't be there at all !  .... Picky..Picky.....picky    ;)

A pain in the you know what for you lot but the snow certainly made a pretty picture..

As usual I bow to your fine eye for detail, I'll make a new edit now.. if you're gonna do it you may as well do it right ;)

C.

For those who wondered what I meant by " Oh joy!... trundling up and down the runway sat in a box between two Derwents attached to a bowser."

By chance came across this ......the very beast !

The bowser drivers got quite vocal if they lost traction and we started to drive them backwards.

My toes curl just thinking about it :P

D

It's amazing how many weird devices the RAF had for all sorts of tasks.  You wouldn't be allowed to use that these days though, probably something to do with health and safety!!!!!

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, TheCameronPerson said:

A pain in the you know what for you lot but the snow certainly made a pretty picture..

As usual I bow to your fine eye for detail, I'll make a new edit now.. if you're gonna do it you may as well do it right ;)

C.

Shall I re-download from the prior link or will you provide another link for the edit?

Some day it would be nice to have all your EE Lightning repaint files in one location to make sure I get them all.  :cheers_s:

--WH

16 hours ago, WarHorse47 said:

Shall I re-download from the prior link or will you provide another link for the edit?

The download for the updated version is in the third post

And I've uploaded quite a few to simviation but I'll admit I've got a bit lax of late.. Since I've released them I've edited quite a few of them but I've yet to upload them anywhere. For non-premium members I think that there's a limit to the size of the file you can upload to simviation so I might switch sites and make a massive folder and put it on flightsim.com. It just takes time and with my broadband connection it may take hours <_<

C.

2 hours ago, TheCameronPerson said:

And I've uploaded quite a few to simviation but I'll admit I've got a bit lax of late.. Since I've released them I've edited quite a few of them but I've yet to upload them anywhere. For non-premium members I think that there's a limit to the size of the file you can upload to simviation so I might switch sites and make a massive folder and put it on flightsim.com. It just takes time and with my broadband connection it may take hours <_<

C.

What about the Aerosoft downloads section?  There are a lot of repaint sections and links for other Aerosoft aircraft, but none for the EE Lightning series.

--WH

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, WarHorse47 said:

What about the Aerosoft downloads section?  There are a lot of repaint sections and links for other Aerosoft aircraft, but none for the EE Lightning series.

--WH

I may well give it a go when I can get round to updating the paints I've done.

C.

Archived