Heathrow Professional Strange Ground Textures Part 2

09tir98

I previously had a issue where the ground textures of Heathrow Professional looked a bit transparent. A reinstall off P3D Scenery fixed the issue but as soon as IĀ installed Orbx Global the issue returned.

Please login to display this image.

10 minutes ago, mopperle said:

And when you reinstall Heathrow itself? I have all the Orbx stuff installed and do not see this issue.

Reinstalled the scenery and still the same issue.

• Deputy Sheriffs

First, the posts you are referring to are very old and about an older Version of EGLL; in the second post the user solved it by following suggestions from another user regarding his FTX installation;

As you can see in my screenshot it is not a problem of EGLL, but a problem of a not correct installtion and/or using old files and/or wrong oder in the scenery. Maybe there is also a problem how you updated P3Dv4. I did only a client update. Check the FTX forum, I remember being some problems with the update of P3Dv4 and Orbx in certain combinations.

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

First, the posts you are referring to are very old and about an older Version of EGLL; in the second post the user solved it by following suggestions from another user regarding his FTX installation;

As you can see in my screenshot it is not a problem of EGLL, but a problem of a not correct installtion and/or using old files and/or wrong oder in the scenery. Maybe there is also a problem how you updated P3Dv4. I did only a client update. Check the FTX forum, I remember being some problems with the update of P3Dv4 and Orbx in certain combinations.

You're saying it's not a problem with the scenery? I'd say it is because all of my 20+ other airports does not have this problem. I know the other threads are old but it's still the same scenery from the same developers. The installer from the FlightSim Store is v1.00 and from what I've read the latest version is v1.01. Could this be the reason?Ā 

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 hours ago, 09tir98 said:

but as soon as IĀ installed Orbx Global the issue returned.

What does this tell you?

Ā 

1 hour ago, 09tir98 said:

but it's still the same scenery

Ā 

No is it not

New in version P3D V4:

• Code (BGLs) recompiled and optimized using new material options with P3D V4 SDK
  • All objects optimized for new shadowing techniques
  • Dynamic Lighting ( can be disabled partially)
  • Ground layout including detailed aerial imagery created according to P3D V4 SDK
  • New optimized 3D Runwaylights (will be switched on and off depending on daytime and weather conditions)
  • AFCAD approaches changed to Airac 1708
  • Adjusted AFCAD parking positionsĀ  Ā 
  • New detailed and animated Jetway models (CTRL-J)
  • Partially higher resolution textures
  • Partial closedown of Terminal 1 (currently under construction)
  • Extended configurations menu

Ā 

Changes in 1.01:

Version 1.01:

• Using "HDR" in P3D V4 caused the apron lights and light effects at the light poles to appear too bright; this was caused by a wrong bloom
  • Afcad now selectable for Takeoff/Landing fixed
  • EGLLConfig changed to select Afcads
  • Glideslope Elevation changed to fit to PAPI
  • Lighteffects corrected for better HDR compatiblity
  • LOMAN Taxisign fixed

Ā 

I think I might have got it working. Can annyone confirm if it's supposed to look like this?

Just now, mopperle said:

What did you change?

I uninstalled ORBX Global and OpenLC Europe and then reinstall P3D v4.2 Scenery. I then installed ORBX Global and OpenLC again.

Just now, mopperle said:

So maybe this did the trick. But do not forget to set the Library ƌnsertion Point correctly.

All of my ORBX scenery is now below my addon sceneries.

I found what the cause of the issue was, and it was not ORBX. The cause of the issue was ENVTEX. ENVTEX would replace the detail1.bmp in Scenery/World/Texture and that would cause the issue. To fix the issue go to: Documents/Envtex/Backup/P3D v4/Scenery/World/Texture and copy the detail1.bmp and paste it in "P3D main folder"/Scenery/World/Texture. Next, start ENVTEX and disable the grass effect and apply.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thx, for this info. Was one of my first guesses, you remember? ;)

That's one reason why I leave all these fancy tweaks and optimizations and therefore earn a stable environment.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived