ENVA v2 Elevation issue

bvanhout

Hi,

I trust someone can assist in this regard. 

The simulator is P3Dv4

I have run the config tool and tried every other thing that I can think of.

Different parts of ENVA have different elevations having some AI aircraft below ground level and others at the correct level.

As I move around the airport in slew mode the aircraft moves up and down below the different levels.

I have ORBX's Norway installed but have not tried removing this.  I have removed the ENVA files from the FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY folder.

Attached screenshot shows my aircraft at lower elevation.

Any help appreciated.

Brian

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please check your scenery library to ensure all your non-Orbx add-ons are above the FTX entries. Use FTX Central/Settings/Library Insertion Point instead of moving things around with the in-sim Scenery Library. The latter doesn't always "stick" where using FTX Central does.

Also, a bad SODE installation can cause issues. Please see this thread for specifics.

Since Trondheim isn't a Mega Airport product, I moved this to the non-Mega Airport forum so others can find the thread more easily.

Thanks for the reply,

As can been seen in the screen shot of the scenery library FTX is way below ENVA.

In the other pic you can see the "Jaws like" AI traffic taxiing with just the tail visible, while straight ahead the parked AI is fine.

I don't have any issues at any other Norwegian airports, or any airports where I have FTX and addon scenery, only at ENVA.

Surely this points to an ENVA issue.

SODE is installed, activated and registered with the sim, latest version 1.61.

Regards

Brian

• Deputy Sheriffs

Surely this points to an ENVA issue.

Surely not, it would have been reported by other users. ;)

The fact that AI aircraft are taxiing below the ground is clearly a sign that another product is interfering, e.g. a traffic addon. I suggest that you search for any bgl files outside the Vaernes installation folder. Your search string should look like this: *ENVA*.bgl

Will do, however I do not use AI traffic with *.bgl files, I use RealTraffic.

Remember the user aircraft also pops down to those levels when I slew it around the airport, so its not restricted to "AI traffic".

• 2 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Dave,

which Sim are you talking about, and what other scenery addons do you have installed. Best is to show a screenshot of your scenery library showing where ENVA sits.

SODE is installed, activated and registered with the sim, latest version 1.61.

Brian, did you also activate the SODE option in the option page of ENVA?

ENVA is very unique in that Point.

Regards, Wolfgang

Hi Otto,

I will try to get a screenshot, my sim is not in my current location. I am running P3DV4.2

I can tell you that ENVA is well above all Orbx scenery, the Orbx elevation files are off, there are no other ENVA Afcad files (I checked with the ScruffyDuck duplicate checker), I do have Airports of Norway installed but all ENVA & ENVA elevation files are excluded. Sode is installed and registered, it works when selecting Tab / S and is visible in the P3D. I have activated SODE in the ENVA config.

The strange thing is, all I have done is uninstalled ENVA V2 V1.02 and installed V2 V1.03. It was working perfectly before. I have also installed EDDS (Stuttgart) which looks fine except that the airport traffic (not AI aircraft) is all above the height of the buildings. So, I conclude that this is not a AS Scenery issue but something else interfering.

As well as Orbx FTX, Vector & the Norway region, I have Black Marble & Night Environment (below ENVA in the scenery library), SODE Active Sky weather & graphics, GSX (None of the AFADS) and only ever use one aircraft. The only change I've made to the P3D.cfg is to add TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10, everything else is standard.

EDIT:

I have just found this post:

As addon.xml scenery additions are not contained in scenery.cfg file and Vector does not search addon.xml entries I use Lorby Addon Organiser to merge the scenery to get over the problem.

Install the Addon Organiser linked above.

Run the addon organiser.

On the Backup/Restore tab select 'Export library for external tool' option followed by 'Export library to scenery.cfg'. Leave the warning box active at this point !

Now start Vector and run the Auto-Configuration tool for Airport Elevation Corrections, do not forget to Apply after the scan has completed.

Now close the Lorby warning message and 'Recover original scenery.cfg'. Close Lorby.

I will try this tonight.

Regards

Dave

Hi,

Okay I have done the 'Lorby thing' and it has made no difference to the issue at ENVA. EDDS Stuttgart is now perfect.

I can't provide a screen shot as I have a 180 degree three projector set up and the resulting screen shot is unreadable.

However all Orbx scenery is definitely below ENVA.

So here's the scenario; when the scenery loads my aircraft is at the gate but above the airport buildings. If I slew backwards the aircraft drops in two steps to the correct level, if I keep going backwards it rises and drops again. The airport looks visually perfect, the airport traffic is at the correct height and is moving normally.

My next plan is to uninstall and reinstall ENVA.

This has got me stumped and I have been doing this for a looooooong time.

Regards

Dave

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you have the SODE item in your add-ons menu?

(of course with newer version number)

Further to that you need to activate SODE in the config tool:

On 2/25/2018 at 1:13 PM, bvanhout said:

No I don't, just FTX Norway and Aerosoft ENVA v2

I just want to verify... do you have ORBX Global and Global Vector installed?

Hi Gents,

Thanks for your help.

@ Tom

Yes, SODE is installed, is the latest version, is visible in the P3D menu and I tried Tab/s whilst the sim was running and it worked (up to point, because I was not at a gate, only the first page of the menu appeared) I also checked SODE dll and it's communication with simconnect, all checked out.

SODE is activated in the ENVA config.

The airport and surrounding scenery is visually perfect, all buildings, jetways, wig wags, taxi signs etc. are in place. There is no visual indication that there is a problem with elevations.

@ Dave

I don't think your question is aimed at me but just in case; yes I have Orbx Global, Vector and FTX Norway installed. All are clustered together, in the Orbx recommended order, below all other sceneries, just above the default scenery.

Just to clarify, the elevation alteration made by the Orbx Vector configuration is not active. I have searched my system for 'other' ENVA bgl file, there are not any.

I do BTW accept this is something to do with my system and not the ENVA scenery per se.

Although I would not usually do this I think uninstalling ENVA and removing all remnants of the scenery, running the sim with the default ENVA and checking that out might be the next best step? Do you agree?

Regards

Dave

• Developer

Hi Dave,

I'm able to recreate the issue if I disable the altitude correction file for ENVA, can you check that you have this file "AFX_ENVA_ALT.bgl" in the "...\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery" folder and that it's still active?

• Developer

Okey, if you still have the issue after a reinstall can you check what the airport elevation is? You'll see it if you click the airport in the map view, the elevation should be 21 FT with ENVA v2 installed correctly. (The default elevation is ca 60 FT)

Okay, the problem is not the ENVA scenery. With the default ENVA the elevations are not correct.

There is no other ENVA file of any kind on my PC,  except in the Orbx folders. I have tried the scenery with and without them, no change.

So something else is causing this issue.

I'll continue to investigate and will report any findings.

Regards

Dave

Update.

I have discovered that P3D is not fully closing every time I exit the sim so, some of the changes I made i.e. removing/replacing the Orbx elevation files where not able to be effective.

When I bring in the AFX_ENVA_ALT.bgl into play with the default scenery the plane is parked at the correct altitude at the gate. There are some elevation anomalies around the runway but my plane is at the correct height.

I reinstalled ENVA and the problem is back but, I need to check this again because the issue of P3D not fully closing.

@ Jo. I will check the elevation.

Another issue is that I don't think the Vector configurator working correctly. It did not generate the elevation correction bgl for ENVA. I have used and the Lorby trick mentioned above but it did not work. I have used another method and have successfully created a copy scenery.cfg. That's as far as I have got for my fours hours on the problem today!

More tomorrow.

Regards

Dave

After another four hours I'm no nearer to solving this issue.

I have tried every variation of including/excluding elevation fixes, removing/replacing Black Marble, nothing changes the elevation when the Aerosoft Scenery is installed.

I do think the Orbx Vector Config is working. I expected it to place files in the Scenery\World folder, but it seems to be placing them in a bespoke Orbx folder. I've updated everything I can think of although most was up to date.

The strange thing is that the previous version of ENVA was working perfectly. I made no other changes other than uninstalling the previous version and installing the latest.

The airport elevation is shown as 56 feet not 21 feet! I have checked this using the Scruffy Duck ADE programme and it says 6.5M, which is 21ft.

I have placed ENVA at the top of the scenery library and still I have the same problem.

This is a real shame as this is one of my favourite airports to fly into.

I will report back if I solve this..

Dave

I spent a few more hours on this.

I removed all Orbx Vector, Global base and FTX Norway, Black Marble, Night Environment, Norwegian Airports and placed ENVA at the beginning of the scenery library and still the elevation issue persisted.

Removing AS ENVA and trying the default scenery there are no issues until I introduce FTX Norway mesh, then I see the anomalies I noted earlier but, not to the extreme that exists with the AS ENVA scenery. Bringing all other scenery back into the library makes no difference to the elevations of the default scenery, as soon as the AS ENVA is installed, the issue returns.

I'm wondering if my download of ENVA is damaged in someway. I'll download the scenery again and install it.

Regards

Dave

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dave, no your download is not corrupt, otherwise the scenery wouldn't install at all. I also run the scenery together with Orbx Global, Vector and Norway without any issues. Unfortunately I'm away from my sim PC, but I can check later this week and post some pictures. I only remember that 3 files outside the ENVA folder were deactivted. And I did nothing special, no manual intervention or usage of any other tools.

If nobody else jumps in, I'll come back to this later this week.

Archived