Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

6 minutes ago, WatkinTench said:

I perceive that the percentage talk was simply a bit of mocking+Scarcasm of the question...

Of course it was/is ;) 

As it has been explained multiple times in this topic, for example here.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, tomkellock92 said:

I've tried searching for this, but not seen it mentioned:

After watching the video from iflysimxofficial, I noticed that the v-speeds and flex temps were automatically filled in after inputting the flaps config. Should this not be inserted manually?

In real life yes, to make life easier our Airbusses always incorporated this automatic performance calculation feature however.

Many simmers do not know how to calculate them themselves, thus the rest of the fields will be filled automatically as soon as you enter the flaps.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 747-400fan said:

anyway i think the release date is a surprise. Also Matrijs said it would release after the DC-8 so that may be a clue. By the way I hope you can use all of the jumpseats and sunshades :) so ALL of my sharded cockpit mates can assists the beautyful landings while sitting comfortably with a 22fps in VC when landing @ busy airports;) AAAAnd with the possibility to give them coffee and the little biscuit that comes with it:P

Good job, continue like taht and make sure the coffee is warm and sweet like the rest of the aircraft.

We are experimenting with the shades, but as this moment the current P3d version does not apply the correct shading with them, we are talking to Lockheed about that. We are not including sunshades that are just animations if they are not functional.

• Upvote 3

Gentlemen, I moved your Malware discussion to an existing topic located at:

Let's keep this forum as a Preview Topic.

Many thanks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, deatheater914 said:

Hello guys, 

I recently had the chance to fly in a full motion simulator used to train real pilots, and the first thing that I noticed was that the plane just starts taxiing on its own with no power from the throttles and keeps accelerating. Will this effect be simulated on the aerosoft A320? The simulated aircraft that I flew was the airbus A320 that has the CFM56-5B4. 

Speaking generally, whether or not an aircraft will roll at idle has more to do with the weight of the aircraft than anything.  Also, there is no way to know what the software settings where in the sim you used.  In P3D aircraft weight and ground friction is modeled though there is a small problem with how P3D handles ground friction, but thus far in testing it's been very, very good.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 3

The problem with wild guesses is that someone will read it here and only remember the "probably not in 2018". With 'luck' he will even write that in an FB group or some other forum. Stuff like that gets a life of it's own and we are trying to stop that.

AS is very open in this topic with regard to development and possible release time frames. As you said, you have certain expectations for the A330 release. Keep them to yourself and do not clutter this topic with them. It is not as if we are trying new ways to delay products. Life happens and overly optimistic release assumptions get confronted with reality.

If you want to know a general timeframe of release dates just read the sticky post of Mathijs. And yes, they are subject to change.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, deatheater914 said:

Hello guys, 

I recently had the chance to fly in a full motion simulator used to train real pilots, and the first thing that I noticed was that the plane just starts taxiing on its own with no power from the throttles and keeps accelerating. Will this effect be simulated on the aerosoft A320? The simulated aircraft that I flew was the airbus A320 that has the CFM56-5B4. 

Your question was answered above but to give you some insight from the actual aircraft, the weight is the biggest factor and maybe Density Altitude concerning engine thrust but I don't know how much that factors in.  At heavy weights it will take a touch of power to get rolling however once rolling I have the thrust levers at idle the entire time during taxi unless i need a little cowbell after coming out of a turn.  Give the thrust levers just a taste of power, keep it under 40% N1 however  that much isn't needed then once it's rolling bring the engines to idle and let it speed up to max 30 Knots (observer your company policy) then brake until 10 knots and repeat..... if conditions allow.  Now I've tried this in the current version of the Aerosoft A320  (P3dV3) and if i'm not mistaken it does work very similar.  So i'm betting it will operate the same since this next version is going to blow your socks off !!!! :-)

1 hour ago, WatkinTench said:

Bo be blunt, I doubt anyone on this forum but Aerosoft (as they should) has any special interest about the needs Educational or professional customers, surely the core of your audience are indeed the hobbyists, no?

In sales yes. But a project like this is hardly possible without using all the options to make money on it. To give you and example, yesterday I send a sample of the VC to a production company that does CGI for major movies. They bought the F-16 model earlier and we done some other work for them as well. There is a good chance you have seen the previous Airbus on TV or in a movie studio last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, francis16 said:

Will the a330 be supported by this software as well?

This software is for the V2500 and CFM engines. The A330 has other engines but those will most probably also get the TSS treatment. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CaneAE said:

Why does everyone have to downvote a simple question on a post? @Mathijs Kok

Yes we are cracking down on that.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, walterg74 said:

Welcome to the Internet... :rolleyes:

edit: see? I already got a downvote on this from some dumb*ss.. just life mate...

I have removed those downvotes the users who gave them.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It's always Mathijs' call, but it's been our policy to provide some or all of the product manuals just prior to release.  So, I guess the answer is "not yet".

However there is a great deal of operational information and procedures freely available on the Internet and the operational information and normal procedures would apply to the aircraft.  What you'd basically be missing is the Installation and Setup part of our information - which as I said won't likely be available until just prior to release.

Best wishes!

Not yet indeed, but I hope to complete some of the manuals next week. This week is for the Dc-8 manuals.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, francis16 said:

Hi sir,

i hope there’s a PDF file of a checklist for both a320 fam and a330. Just like what Fslabs did. 

Best wishes.

I'm glad you asked, and I think we have that covered for you my friend.

For the Aerosoft Airbus Checklist you will have the following available to you:

1. Printable PDF Checklist,

2. Computerized Checklist in the Aircraft,

3. Checklist Interactive Copilot to go through the Checklist with you,

4. Connected Flight Deck Human Pilot to work the checklist with you.

Pretty darned sweet!

You can read the manuals and procedures and checklist for the previous version of the Aerosoft Airbus HERE.  The procedures will be the same or nearly the same as these.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 4

And the checklists will also be in the aircraft of course. And also in eBook format (I use them on my Kindle most of the time)

22 hours ago, Jlunddk said:

Mathjis wrote:

"but also a new 'platform', a new educational version and new versions for our professional customers. That's pretty complex, believe me. "

I'm pretty sure that hobbyist pilots doesn't need the same features as educational and prof customers need, so isn't it possible to divide them in to two seperate packages ?

Is it the features for the edu/prof versions which is causing problems, or something which is common for all versions? (I know there's only one "version")

And will/can you talk about what is needed for edu/prof to use it?

Any comment on this?

They are different projects but need to be delivered at the same time. And where the edu version needs to be simplified, the pro version needs to be prepared for Simdirector etc.