Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

Important Post
Normal Post

This is maybe because this question has been asked and answered already multiple times here in the forum. 

Quick answer: you don't have to wait for all packages to be released in order to be able to buy the bundle.

• Upvote 4

On 3/3/2018 at 2:34 AM, CFG874 said:

Whether there is a coffee and a newspaper, I do not care, sorry.
The next request of the user is then determined whether you can also update the newspaper daily?

Presumably the texture file of the newspaper will be easily enough to edit for those who want to? I am the sort of person who would love to "update" it to my local paper. Similarly, if it is possible, I will probably update the texture file of the phone to make it a WindowsPhone instead and maybe turn the coffee into apple-juice. :lol: 

I'm really loving all these beautiful details; Aerosoft are doing a great job and I am so grateful to the developers who keep us up to date on the product's progress throughout its development.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SilencedTaiwan said:

Has any developers noticed these? I really want AS320/330 gets better...

It is better if you understand these are previews of work in progress. Would you feel better if I add that to all images? I always found that rather superfluous but your comment makes me wonder.

Btw for the MCDU 3 (the one with the settings) we have decided not to use the standard airbus font to avoid it looking the same. So that will stay as it is. Sorry is you feel that is not okay?

5 hours ago, Adriano72 said:

My question, that could seem stupid and maybe is, is: could the devs or who is inside the job provide me with some points where the Aerosoft version is a better choice rather than the FSLabs one? (Besides the price and the unethical behavior of them of course...) 

We will not engage in a discussion what product is better or not as

1.) this is the preview topic and not a general discussion topic and

2.) it depends 100% on what the user wants and expects from the simulator. 

The Aerosoft have always and will always simulate the daily job of a pilot. No stuff is included that a pilots uses only in one out of a million flights. 

This doesn't mean that there is no system depth implemented, the opposite is true actually. But you wouldn't find any error simulation. 

If you want to follow up the comparison between the two products please open an own topic for that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It is better if you understand these are previews of work in progress. Would you feel better if I add that to all images? I always found that rather superfluous but your comment makes me wonder.

Btw for the MCDU 3 (the one with the settings) we have decided not to use the standard airbus font to avoid it looking the same. So that will stay as it is. Sorry is you feel that is not okay?

The reply is what I waiting for!

Because I used to think that two types of fonts are strange, but you decided to use only one now, it's good.

If the comment bothered everyone, I apologize.

2 hours ago, 747-400fan said:

I agree. My pc is a potato and not everyone can afford 2 1080 tis 

Also note that TrueGlass does not work in SLi systems at this moment....

3 hours ago, Joan Alonso said:

Oh, not good news for me as I work with dual GPU. Is RealLight affected as well?

Not that I know. We still hope this will be fixed before release though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

Hello Aerosoft, the TSS sound preview sounds nice. Have they been able to vary the sounds in regards to the aircraft altitude? I was asking this about 1,5 years ago and Frank Docter said he knows what I mean and wanted to talk to Emi. So both should know that there would be an improvement towards best realism. But I got the reply, that the sounds won't be changed as the customers would kill Aerosoft for changing them. :D

As I can know see, the sounds have changed nevertheless. I was always a bit sad, that at higher altitudes the roaring of the engines did not dissappear like in real life. You know what I mean? When climbing out, the roar becomes more silent until it can't be heard anymore. I don't know if this comes from the thinner air in the higher altitude or "overriding" the roar sound by the higher airflow when accelerating during climb.

Did anyone else notice in FSX or P3D3 what I tried to describe?

Here is the link. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/114135-height-related-engine-sound-pleeeease/

Merely from a physics perspective, it's not the altitude that effects the sound (it does, but you end up with the effects of pressure and air density rendering one another mute for our purposes here).  It's really the temperature that effects sound propagation as sound travels more slowly through colder air (I don't believe there is any change in amplitude/volume).  But perhaps more important is that you also have the aircraft moving faster, and the noise created by that movement creates additional noise which affects everything you hear.  Imagine operating a gas powered chain saw while kids 10 feet away are setting off small little firecrackers... you might not even hear them.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, hilkiah said:

Just wanted to inquire, what is the performance like (fps)?  This may or may not be the right place/time to ask, but I'm just curious?  As an owner of various PMDGs as well as the FSL bus, I am eager to find out how the AS birds will perform.  For me personally I will definitely be getting the AS bus (since there will be so many variations in short space of time 18/19/20/21).

It still too early to tell you, plus it varies a great deal on what system one is running.  We'll likely publish fps based on different systems prior to release.

2 hours ago, hilkiah said:

Just wanted to inquire, what is the performance like (fps)?  This may or may not be the right place/time to ask, but I'm just curious?  As an owner of various PMDGs as well as the FSL bus, I am eager to find out how the AS birds will perform.  For me personally I will definitely be getting the AS bus (since there will be so many variations in short space of time 18/19/20/21).

It's a mixed story. Our model and systems are all very much as they were before. The problems are with the TrueLight and RealGlass modules, they are seriously memory intensive (as has been shown on the other add-ons that include them). We still hope tFDI will be able to shave some off.

But basically we are not worried. If you got what Lockheed advises for the basic sim without add-ons all will be okay. But as always, what they list as minimal means running the sim at minimal levels!

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It's a mixed story. Our model and systems are all very much as they were before. The problems are with the TrueLight and RealGlass modules, they are seriously memory intensive (as has been shown on the other add-ons that include them). We still hope tFDI will be able to shave some off.

But basically we are not worried. If you got what Lockheed advises for the basic sim without add-ons all will be okay. But as always, what they list as minimal means running the sim at minimal levels!

Will we be able to disable TrueLight and RealGlass then if we want better performance?

35 minutes ago, Bigt said:

So will the sounds fade or not?

Sorry, but I did answer that above.

1. No, sounds don't fade because of altitude.

2. In the Aerosoft Airbus, you shouldn't hear the engines as much because wind noise will be added.

The above applies to the Virtual Cockpit.  External is totally different.

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Sorry, but I did answer that above.

1. No, sounds don't fade because of altitude.

2. In the Aerosoft Airbus, you shouldn't hear the engines as much because wind noise will be added.

The above applies to the Virtual Cockpit.  External is totally different.

1) Semantics...I was getting to the root of the OP's question.

2) Answers that question....

Mathijs already answered earlier in this topic that there might be versions of the new Airbuses not including these objects. 

3 hours ago, rlaycock said:

That is a question I would relay like answered as I am not particular interested in either.

Best wishes

Bob

Should that be needed, yes. We'll see.

37 minutes ago, Matt747 said:

I really want to hear what has been done to make it more accurate from a flying viewpoint not a coffee serving standpoint...

Please feel free to read through this and the previous Airbus preview topics. That will answer all of your questions.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, philippe.g.bianchi@gmail.com said:

Hello the 330 will be the new NEO version or not? thank you for your answer

No, the A330 will be the CEO models.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ktomi65 said:

What is it mean „versions”: retail, installation, or run-up?

If needed there will either be versions made available that do not include those objects or they can be deactivated. With versions I mean installers. 

Mathijs just said so a few posts up. 

On 3/12/2018 at 6:30 PM, iKronix_Gaming said:

I remember with the old bus that some of the LOC frequencies were incorrect for certain approaches. Will we still have to use external software like World Navaids packages https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Tom's answer above was spot on, but I just wanted to provide a little additional information as I see this question a lot in the flight sim world.

The frequencies of Localizers (runway based NAVAIDS) change from time to time in the real world and those changes are reflected in the updated NavData and charts.  In flight sim, the frequency for airport based NAVAIDS such as Localizers depends on the scenery you're using.  So if you have up to date NavData, but are flying into a default airport (that hasn't been updated by an AFCAD that you had to add) then there is a chance that your NavData isn't going to match the frequencies for the default airport NAVAID.  The only way you can check a default scenery's frequencies is to use a program like Airport Design Editor (freeware), pull up the airport and then check the listed frequencies.

Many of us who make numerous flights per week use updated AFCADs for default airports (freely available at AVSIM and FlightSim.com) or we'll use a version of freeware scenery (rare) or use the payware scenery.  This way we have matching frequency information between the updates NavData and what is set in the airport.

I sincerely hope this is helpful.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, iKronix_Gaming said:

Was watching the A318 Beta stream, and when the tray was opened, it cycle between coffee and a newspaper every second or two, is this a new bug?

That was just the way we have it now for testing. Normally these things are triggered by timers and events.

• Upvote 1