Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

Important Post
Normal Post

Good to know you're all starting to see the end of the tunnel. I hope this release is a success for your company, and wish you all the best with your commercial contracts as well!

Just a clarification please, is it still your intent to release only the A319 as a stand alone first?

Looking forward to this release either way! hoping it's a good one!!

Edit... found the answer in the post I should have read first!

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Last news of the day is that we did some spreadsheeting on how incredibly rich we will get from these products. Okay, how long it will take to pay of the immense costs of development. To do that we need to know what the AVERAGE customer will pay. And looking at the update paths from the three previous versions we guestimated that will be around 29 Euro/Dollar (excluding sales tax that you pay and we don't get). While we do feel that our product can stand on its own against the competition in many aspect (modeling, textures, lighting, animation, MCDU, coverage of aircraft etc etc) it is good to keep that in mind when you compare it with other products. We are not fan of high price add-ons. They create an expectation we feel often can't be matched by what is delivered. And of course we do not spend a penny on DRM and all that nonsense and believe me, that saves a bucket of money. Not having to include malware also helps.

Always look for what is not clearly in plain sight. I love this post.  Great job team! :)  

6 hours ago, zhensanmao said:

I would like to ask, my hardware vrinsight MCP Combo II - Airbus FCU and CDU II can support 32-bit as318-321. I wonder if it can also support 64 as318-321?

I do not expect a lot of problems there. 

6 minutes ago, flyingpilot1740 said:

Can't understand that position, if there is a release date, why not tell it to the customers?

Until now there wasn't an internal release date set. Having it set now is an important step that clearly shows the good and strong ongoing of the development.

As in the past, Mathijs showed full transparency here, to let everyone know about this important step.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, zhensanmao said:

I ask again, in the AS318-321 64-bit, when rotating the RANGE SELECTOR and MODE SELECTOR and BAROMETRIC SELECTOR, right and left cockpit instrument display is linked?

121212.PNG

Right now they are still synced, we need to some serious optimizing of the code to avoid framerate loss. But that will happen.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jespersson said:

Hi!

During engine start I've seen on some buses that there is a "running" notice when the engine start is complete. I'm not sure if it's the same on all busses but it's a feature I quite like and I'm just wondering if it will be implemented on your buses? 

The "AVAIL" message on the upper ECAM has always been there in AS Airbuses.

• Upvote 2

On 3/6/2018 at 3:29 PM, Frank Docter said:

I think we should be happy to see the wingtip from the VC at all.

There is no real noticeable difference between the wingtip view on ground vs inflight IRL. 

Hi Frank, completely agree with you but I meant from viewing the aircraft from outside in 'spot' view when it is on the ground/flying. I think there is a minor noticeable difference in the wing shape that could be enabled with some kind of 'contact point' trigger upon take off and landing perhaps? I think Project Airbus had something similar in the old days 

Kind regards

• Downvote 1

BuddyDog I understand your point but I fully trust that Aerosoft will make the best decisions regarding performance and added features.. It's just a discussion for now :) 

If there's one thing you can count on, it's that Aerosoft has performance and optimization as a high priority.

I have absolutely no doubt, that this will be a performance friendly aircraft. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Pascal Grotzke said:

Will there be a shared Cockpit function again?

Please read up a little bit. ;)

Will A320 for v3 and the new one for v4 work together in shared Cockpit?

The CFD of the new Airbusses will not be compatible with the CFD of the old Airbusses.

However, if the decision is made to release the new busses for 32bit, we do not expect problems between the 32/64bit versionen of the new Airbusses.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sbague1 said:

I looked and looked and looked again but was unable to find anything pertaining to my question. Will you guys (Aerosoft) consider releasing the manuals before the buses?

If they are finished a significant time earlier than the Airbus we will most certainly consider it, yes.

We have a history of doing so in the past and don't intend to brake with it in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mmmm, I do not know your experience but I have heard it on the flight deck and we had so many people asking to include it. Making an add-on is a difficult balance between what is real and what people expect. If you feel it is incorrect, we'll gladly provide you with a silenced version of that sound if you are unable to make that yourself. That will solve the issue right?

I recall I did this somewhere in the forums some years ago already... the file should still be there if you search for it.

Have been quietly observing the progress and enjoying the photos/snap shots of your upcoming Airbus line. I really enjoyed the earlier version(s). It appears that sometime in the not so distant future I will again have to start reprogramming my thinking from the Boeing to Airbus. My Boeing will not deliver me a cup of coffee! Very nice. I sit here quietly with a smirk knowing that I recently transitioned from a 3770K to an 8700K rig and the pleasantries that is going to provide with your upcoming Airbus line darting between (Aerosoft) LEBL, EDDF, LSZH, EGLL, etc.   

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Moments later you hear the flight attendant saying hi and you'll have your coffee (and no, you will not see the person, just the coffee. We need more graphical power to start animating persons on the flight deck).

As usual, thanks for the update. That's quite the opposite of when I sit down to sim i.e. I see many people, but no coffee :)

As noted in an earlier post, the coffee and news paper eye candy was a coding project for a new-ish coder, not one of the key folks doing the stuff needed to release.

• Upvote 1

Does the lower ecam, when pop up in 2D, show the cockpit door camera?

On 2018/2/28 at 2:28 PM, SilencedTaiwan said:

Here it is. :)

MCDU1.png

MCDU2.PNG

image.png.7e0193566d066f2872139b2e26f21e79.png

Has any developers noticed these? I really want AS320/330 gets better...

• Downvote 5

On 8.3.2018 at 10:22, Peter J. Griffin sagte:

I would like to purchase the bundle. Do I need to wait until the A320/A321 comes out? Possibly, you can make it already purchasable, and just unlock the A318/A319 as download?

Excuse me, did I ask something stupid or aleady answered? Not to be pedantic, but why don't I get a response?

• Like 1