Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

Last item of the day, we decided to add a HIGH ALT LANDING Button to the overhead. Now you can spend a few minutes googling what that button does!

It's important for pressurization on high airports, if I googled right :)

2 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

A small update from what is going on behind the curtain.

I often get the question of what is and what is not simulated in our Airbus. The fact we focus on day to day operation seems to distract a lot of you, thinking we would fake all the numbers and not provide any systems simulation.

That's simply not true.

Mathijs wrote some extensive post about what is going on behind the screens already and with this post I would also like to add a bit of background information.

Two weeks ago we introduced the new electric system developed for the A330 into the A318 test aircraft. This was a major step forward in the development as it showed us whether our ideas behind the new systems developed over the past two years work or not.

The good news: They work very well within the scope of the possible troubles that were to be expected.

The "other" news: There were of course a few issues popping up, however nothing big that could delay the release.

One of those "issues" however was that the blue hydraulic system did not work.

Often people seem to think we would only animate the lights on the knobs, however let me show you this picture from a rejected takeoff test I did (and ignore myself not being exactly on the centerline ;))

-2018-feb-26-032.thumb.jpg.0f3ebcbf529889a870c981d74512a7d0.jpg

I think many people do not fully realize what the image actually shows.....  First one to explain in some detail gets a free Bus.

• Upvote 3

vor 6 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

You got a free bus, contact me when we released.

Nice! Thank you so much :)

• Upvote 2

Enough on "Did LM slow down developers or vice-versa." It's not on topic since it's an old issue resolved by both. Further posts on this will be deleted.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, 747-400fan said:

What about potato PCs performance? Is this the same level as PMDG or will the frames drop and be low AF? I mean how do you expect it to perform on a mid-aged pc with  an i7 960, 8gb ram and 2gb 750ti for simmers on a budget?

If you can run the latest PMDGs you should be able to run our Airbus.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AA777-200ER said:

Btw, if the spoilers were deployed shouldn't the trust reversers also be active?

Nice looking Bus, the exterior seems improved since the FSX/P3d v3 version.

Darryl 

Good eye (very good assessment)!  Speaking generally, it depends on speed, aircraft weight, runway length remaining, etc. Reverses don't have to be used and many flight simmers would be surprised how often they aren't used.

Best wishes!

In honor of the truth, the reverse thrust, we use it, always, what happens is that sometimes, depending on the runway condition, length, etc. is used only in idle reverse, not full reverse. 

With regard to the observation, after an RTO, ground spoilers remain extended until these are retracted ( Disarmed ) manually, regardless of the position of the thrust levers.

7 hours ago, AA777-200ER said:

Btw, if the spoilers were deployed shouldn't the trust reversers also be active?

Nice looking Bus, the exterior seems improved since the FSX/P3d v3 version.

Darryl 

The shot was taken after the aircraft came to a stop, before I started to taxi again. In that case the reversers were already closed again.

Generally aborted takeoffs are always calculated without the use of reverse thrust (on the actual fly it's still used in most cases of course).

7 hours ago, aktorsyl said:

On that note.. allow me to expand on that question, if you will :)

I don't think I have a potato PC in the typical sense of the word. i5 6600k clocked to 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, and a GTX980. The bottleneck, ironically, usually lies with the 4GB VRAM in the GTX980. Now having said that, I can run the FPS-heavy PMDG planes (777 and the new 747) at approx 30fps. I could run the 32bit bus on P3Dv3 slightly higher at around 40-45fps or so.

With this in mind, do you think one can expect performance similar to the heavier PMDG's?

Don't take my post the wrong way - I commend Aerosoft for utilising the new technology to the fullest - I'm just trying to get some "theoretical" benchmark (because a true benchmark would be impossible to predict, I understand that) of what to expect, as I am sure many 4GB VRAM users would be wondering too.

We don't want you to "nerf" the complexity to cater for 4GB, nor are we complaining. We're just curious :) I do have an upgrade planned later this year (1080Ti maybe, not sure yet), but that's still a ways off.

Well, you can't really speak of the "heavy PMDGs" here anymore. They were heavy on the CPU in FSX times, not so much anymore in P3D times.
By now the limiting value most developers observe has shifted from available CPU power to available VRAM, expecially with P3Dv4.2.

PMDG, using custom night lighting systems, does not use a lot of VRAM in my experience and thus are rather light now, at least in terms of VRAM limit for those of you who do not own an 8GB card.

We haven't done any specific tests comparing fps with PMDG products, purely based on my simming expeirence and flying the beta I would say they are still similar or ours might even have slightly higher fps, but that is always assuming VRAM limits don't kick in.

1 minute ago, Fragged^2 said:

Is BTV an option on the A320ceo/neo or is it just on the bigger planes? That's probably the n1 feature I would love to see on a jet in the sim.

It might be an option on the real plane, but our reference aircraft (both, for the 320 and for the 330) did not have it, so at this point we do not plan to model it.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, 747-400fan said:

What about potato PCs performance? Is this the same level as PMDG or will the frames drop and be low AF? I mean how do you expect it to perform on a mid-aged pc with  an i7 960, 8gb ram and 2gb 750ti for simmers on a budget?

I doubt at this moment you will be able to use the model with RealGlass. Again, this is nothing we can fix and every aircraft with RealGlass will be problematic until the excessive memory use is reduced.  Our aircraft itself is real easy on graphics memory demand. So if needed we can just remove RealGlass and even though 2Gb is at the limit (on my system P3d V4.2 uses 2.8 Gb of VRAM without ANY aircraft) it probably will work.

But always keep in mind what the sim needs first. And this from Lockheed:

image.png

But keep in mind your graphics card is at the lowest level LM requires to use the sim WITHOUT add-ons. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Tremonia1974 said:

is it realistic to say, end of march we will get that big suprise?

Please do not ask (directly or indirectly) for a release date. All information regarding this is given in the first post of this topic as also the follow up pages through regular status updates.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What is strange about that? It just means we believe we need two weeks between these two releases.  I am sorry you are unhappy with the way we share information, but it's the best possible. We simply do not know at this moment.

• Upvote 3

Hi to everyone, will it be possible in the future to have an option with the buses that ables to remove the pilot/copilot seat  ? Like you can do with the ifly 747 ? 

With the seat removed, it's then possible to move back the vc camera to have a wide view of the cockpit without unzoomig the cam, as i dont'like the wide angle effect of an unzoom. I like having a 1.0 zoom factor of the outside.

Thanks for all your good work ! 

Sorry, not planned, I can see if we can make it transparent when seen from the back.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilencedTaiwan said:

This is the little question I asked that hasn't get any reply since part 4.

I think the MCDU font is same at all, but MCDU1 is not.

Kinda bit strange but some letters on MCDU1 is too cartoony compared to MCDU2. like ''R''and''P''.

And found a little glitch on preview of 1st page, the number on FCU is too big I guess?

Apologies.  With all that's going on it's a little hard to piece what you mean together.  Could you provide a screen shot of what you are seeing?  We'll be happy to take a look at it.

Thanks very much for the feedback.

• Upvote 2

Just a question, what settings did you used for the TrueGlass resolution ? I have the Tfdi 717, and the default TrueGlass textures are at 2048x2048 in some textures and the Realglass.xml and the Panel.cfg . When i switched it to 1024 manually, my stutters and FPS problems were all gone and the sim is smooth now . (I had the VC max resolution settings set at 1024 )

Does the installer will inclue a setting to allow us change the textures resolution ?

I experienced this with a modest old PC : I5 4460 , 8GB DDR3 Kingston ,MSI RX480 8GB .

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

Well yes and no because if it releases before I can enjoy it a bit more. Without wanting to get into a hardware discussion, I hope a 1060 6gb, an i3 8350k and 8gb will be enough for v4.2

Friends,

As Frank mentioned above, we'd like to keep performance related matters out of he Preview Forum - though I certainly see why you would have posted them here.

I know we have a lot of forums here so it's easy to miss, but we actually have an existing forum for these types of posts (see link to forum below).

Thanks for your understanding.  Best wishes!

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/245-hardware-and-os-discussions-suggestions-and-insights/

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, harrry said:

paint.net is the website of Warren Paint & Color Co..  It may have products which are great for real aircraft but not for ours.  Could you check the address and give us the real one please as it seems useful.

Paint.net is the name of the program, mate. I used it a few times but I’m not really great at it. You should be able to get it at www.getpaint.net. Let’s stay in topic, shall we? Cheers!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1