Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

On 4/1/2018 at 1:25 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Have ordered - so I Will have 32 GB of ram- But sounds if its avaible in my computer- it Will use above the 16gb of ram- since you Can hit a usage of 20gb:)  Thank you-NOT been flying in a year.

So looking forward to the release- Only Want to fly the Aerosoft bus- therefore so long time since my last take off in P3d :)

58 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe said:

So hopefully 4.3 will be released until the 20.of June so that you have enough time for testing. Just for understanding: if issues are coming up in 4.3 during testing: does this means that a 4.2 model will be released that is also compatible to 4.3 to have time to fix upcoming issues?

mfg Kai

Read what Mathjis said again. And one more time. You should now have your answer :D

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We do too, but again, we need some time to compile everything with the release compilers and to do tests. If those tests show issues we can fall back to 4.2 models that will work in 4.3, just not as efficient.

So... that seems to say that 4.3 comes with significant performance improvements...!? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Fredge said:

You can twist some joysticks to give you rudder control, it's not realsitic, but something is better than nothing.

As you do not use the rudders a lot in an bus that would work fine. I have not had real rudder pedals for the last 6 years and never missed them. 

It's the rudder axis you use your *ss mostly as a sensor so I always felt that a twist stick for rudder channel is fine. It's only when you fly small aircraft you really miss it.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well of course image.pngand that image.png, Assuming image.png you could very well say that image.png

image.png

I KNEW IT!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Flavio1 said:

I think that my pc will survive to v4.3 upgrade and next Bus Prof, but next year p3dv5 will stop me :(

Actually... perhaps not. Late last year we spend a day on comparing an older machine running win7, FS2004 with a our Airbus and a major airport against Win10, 64bits P3D, beta Airbus and the same airport. Using some tools we were able to get a pretty good idea on how many vertices the sim had to draw.  Now I am not willing to give out the actual data, but a maxed out FS2004 had to draw LESS vertices then a medium setting P3D. A maxed out P3D draw 6 (!) times more vertices than a maxed out FS2004 using the same location and same view. So P3D is far more efficient and when you compare exactly what you see there is not even a comparison. On the same hardware.

The problem is that people think that Dense on FSX is the same as Dense on P3D 64 bits. It's not.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, olschelsea8 said:

Going into clandestine ops Mathijs? Hehe, keep up the great work over there.

NDA (not saying I am under one) are a bitch. 

20 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

NDA (not saying I am under one) are a bitch. 

Is disclosing whether or not you're under NDA, also under NDA? ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just a question about the RAM usage, maybe it's offtopic, but i would know if someone here can try something (or already tested) to check the comparsion between Dual Channel vs Quad Channel vs Single channel performances on P3D.
On classic games the difference sometimes is really huge (up to 20 fps in some case).

On 6/5/2018 at 4:21 PM, CheapCharlie said:

The yellowish light you are accustomed to happens when the plastic lenses become cloudy and yellow with age.  Most airlines like us change them long before they get to that condition.    

On 6/5/2018 at 10:49 PM, Patrick Almeida Helzer said:

Actually you can see the yellowish light already from the beginning. And seems like that the airline in the following video doesnt has a problem with that like several other airlines seen in other videos. A factory new A320: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vicpn5fP6Y0

On 6/6/2018 at 5:07 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

We learned the hard way NEVER to trust colors on a YT video unless there is a element that we know the exact color off so we can color reference. 

The colours in the YT video I linked can be trusted as there are several high resolution photos from Airbus itself which show the exact same colours.

All factory new:

http://www.airbus.com/search.image.html?tags=products-and-solutions%3Acommercial-aircraft%2Fa320-family&page=13&results_page_index=2&lang=en#searchresult-image-all-6

• Downvote 3

and more BTW, not all is completely updated in these posts but this is a pretty complete list of what's new in the FMGS/MCDU:

I hope this includes an opt out for the PMDG Global Flight Operations Project.  For some of us we purchased P3D and made the change from FSX.  We wish to purchase the Aerosoft models but not be hit by any more costs.  Especially when hardware is already being upgraded to suit the aircraft.  At 59 my budget is limited and if I had spare cash for something like the PMDG stuff then I'd rather go with a locally produced program already on the go anyway.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Reider said:

I hope this includes an opt out for the PMDG Global Flight Operations Project.  For some of us we purchased P3D and made the change from FSX.  We wish to purchase the Aerosoft models but not be hit by any more costs.  Especially when hardware is already being upgraded to suit the aircraft.  At 59 my budget is limited and if I had spare cash for something like the PMDG stuff then I'd rather go with a locally produced program already on the go anyway.

It will absolutely optional.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Fredge said:

I really don't understand anything, can someone explain the collaboration with PMDG and the benefits of the collaboration?

Watch this: 

• Upvote 1

hello all

i was reading you will use trueglass to simulate rain on winshield, it seem this software is for all general aircraft, now pmdg will come with is own program, could it be possible in the futur implement it in the aerosoft aircraft too, or will it be design only for pmdg aircraft? Sorry if this question has been post

We got a license for TrueGlass and we think it does exactly what we want.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Btw, after talking to PMDG we have decided that we'll go for tier 1 in there exciting new Global Flight Operations project. 

It should fill up these bit nicely!

image.png

Whats the reasons for going from Tier 2 to Tier 1?

In tier 1 the system is actually full integrated. In tier 2 it uses a popup gauge.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Anders Bermann said:

No you weren't. You continued an argument, which has already been settled. 

Pictures and captures from YouTube videos, doesn't hold up as documentation! It's been said again and again (... and again). So please just accept, that any argument/suggestion/complaint, which involves a YouTube-video, 3rd-party-picture-found-on-the-internet as documentation or proof, isn't proof or documentation of anything and cannot be accounted usable.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but please just accept, that, that's how it works.

And that concludes that discussions.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Hampe2356 said:

Makes sense. and can you just confirm to me that it will not include ACARS and CPDLC. I've watched PMDG video but their "Tier chart" is a bit strange 

Tier 1 has ACARS and CPDLC. Just look at the PMDG chart. Although I have the feeling that PMDG only have an US CPDLC comprehension of what CPDLC is, does and can.