Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

20 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I believe you're talking about wing flex.  No sir, the Aerosoft Airbus will not be programmed with wing flex.  This decision was made quite some time ago.

It could be he means the flex the engine mounts add to the angle between fuselage, wing and engine. We do not simulate that. Does QW really simulates that and does it actually change the angle of the trust vector? If so, respect because doing so many times a second is incredibly complex!

Do note the A330 that has FAR more flexible wings will of course have fully implemented wingflex. It will even feature fully independent flex left and right as we featured many many years ago on other projects.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, generale84 said:

Stunning...more "PPPSSHHHH...TUC" tests !!!! :D

Yes but only the first stage, so you will not be able to take the mask out and test it fully. It will be many years before any company simulates that.

I think that is 'industry standard' at this moment.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, 747-400fan said:

Is there a german accent for the copilot? (practical for LH flights (3/4 of mine are done with their glorious old livery so interesting even though I'm french and not german).

Yes, we will have a German accented PM and a German accented Ground staff.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ColH said:

For those of us that have older systems, but are keen to fly the new AS Airbus, is it possible please to know when the decision will be made about the FSX version?.

A quick forum search for "32bit":

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, *Bastian* said:

How about the integration of bug splatters, like FSL want to do it? I think it is a nice idea and a everyday occurrences on an Aircraft in most Seasons. Is it possible?

Do not forget that this was already done way back with the AS Katana 4x. It even had a fly flying in the cockpit that could be smashed. Both features could find their way into the AS Airbus series.

#AlreadydonebyAS‘ed ;)

• Upvote 4

So I was looking through PFPX and getting my A330 profile ready when I saw there was an A330-343 with the RR772B engines and a -342 with just the RR772 engines. Apologies if this has been answered before, but what variant is Aerosoft simulating? I could only find Mathijs saying the A333 with the RR engines. Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, ColH said:

Thank you for the reply. I do understand that this has to be cost effective, but I wonder what percentage of simmers have changed to P3Dv.4.2. I have been flight simming since 1998, and know that the world moves on. I am of the opinion (unsubstantiated with figures) that there are still a vast amount of people still on FSX/FSX.SE who would like to fly the "new" AS Airbus. Please don't abandon us too soon.

Regards to all.

Noting there are always exceptions, if (and it's a BIG "IF") we had to categorize FSX/P3D users, there would be those who make at least one flight per week and those who only occasionally make a flight.

I'd have to say that the a great many of those who fly regularly have already updated to P3Dv4, and as someone who's performed FSX/P3D technical support for a very long time I can say without any hesitation that the performance and immersion of P3Dv4 is significant to that of FSX.  In other words, if you're in the category of being more than an occasional user then upgrading one's system to run P3Dv4 is really a no brainer.. Sure, there is likely some cost involved, but you'll be VERY happy you made the move.

To answer your question more directly, people are still moving to P3Dv4 has their budgets allow, and in my opinion FSX has already been relegated to being a nice entry level flight sim or of course a good flight sim for those who aren't able to upgrade (and for these valued people, there is already a TERRIFIC Aerosoft Airbus).

Please do not take this to be any indication of what Aerosoft will do regarding future Airbuses for 32-bit.  That decision will be made at some point in the future and is based on many different factors.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

A quick forum search for "32bit":

This week we'll release the 32 bit version of the DC-8 and that should give is some idea on the sales potential.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

Do not forget that this was already done way back with the AS Katana 4x. It even had a fly flying in the cockpit that could be smashed. Both features could find their way into the AS Airbus series.

#AlreadydonebyAS‘ed ;)

Indeed. Often it seems people have short memories. In 2004 we had a Super Cub that had realistic oil use and where you had to fill it with oil (even special summer and winter versions of the oil). In 2009 we had the Twin Otter with a very complex icing module (the Twotter often flies in icing condition and has limited de-icing systems).  etc etc... 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, zhapata said:

Good evening

Will the new Airbus have the great aerosoft flight recorder ?

Thanks

Yes sir.

36 minutes ago, ColH said:

I wonder how many others are in the same situation?.

This is not the place to start discussing the P3D licensing. What Mathijs said is valid and let‘s leave it at that.  

Good luck with installing P3D V4!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Patrick Almeida Helzer said:

What a pity..  Just because it was outdated doesnt mean it was trash. Im sure there were several very good and interesting discussions in those threads and I was searching for one and now that :(

If it doesnt bother you why delete it?

It was outdated and might have mislead those not familiar with the current state.  On top of that... some might have read it and thought that was it (due to not looking at what threads were available).  Lots of reasons really.

But feel free to post a question about what you were looking for my friend!

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this has been asked but curious if the MCDU will be able to be used on an Android tablet? 

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Not sure if this has been asked but curious if the MCDU will be able to be used on an Android tablet? 

As far as I know, the MCDU is available on a webpage. The Airbus has a built-in webserver (at least it had in the previous versions), which makes it possible for you to view the MCDU (and other features) on a tablet, phone, another (or the same) computer. Essentially anything, which has a web-browser and network connection.

37 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Regarding shot 2.  Is the fluid in the coffee cup dynamic?  I suppose not.  Nonetheless, it's a small feature that looks cool very cool.  ,.  Is the coffee feature user activated.  

Not dynamic. Keep in mind that the whole idea of the airbus is to avoid any sideways forces. And as long as you do not extend the tray-table you won't get coffee.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Does the coffee level sink, during the flight? :lol:

Not yet. ;)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

Work just fine like in the current version ;) 

On the FSX version with the A320 it was not possible. I will check again and let you know :)