Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

3 hours ago, alpyeni1 said:

Hi guys,

A massive applause for the work being done here. Looking forward to seeing all airbus family soon here, by Aerosoft.

A quick question: (Sorry if it was asked before.) Will there be a version of A321LR, or at least, a model with CFM-LEAP?

Sorry, NEO is not planned at the moment.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Teufelsrochen811 said:

I am sure someone asked that question already, but I cant find - Will there be an immersion pack when the busses come out?

thanks

Should be a question for OldProp Solutions, which makes the immersions packages... 
Their forum is here 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Cladiir said:

Obviously not in the cockpit, yeah. I just asked since it’s a daily occurrence for many pilots that has extreme consequences if ignored.

Well we do assume our customer pilots to use correct procedures and then there simply are no consequences. 

13 minutes ago, Cladiir said:

Obviously not in the cockpit, yeah. I just asked since it’s a daily occurrence for many pilots that has extreme consequences if ignored.

Seems in this product it will have no consequence if disabled, which is fine for the target of the product, but then it also makes you wonder why bother modelling it at all if it does nothing...

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

Seems in this product it will have no consequence if disabled, which is fine for the target of the product, but then it also makes you wonder why bother modelling it at all if it does nothing...

Well if you want to experiment with aircraft systems I think you will have to include a complex icing system. Or if you have an aircraft that is very prone to icing and has limited de-icing systems it is a must to include. That's why we included a rather complex icing system in the Twin Otter Extended. From windshield to the effects of icing on the turbines. With a complex reading of the weather parameters etc. But that was in 2012. 

• Upvote 3

On 29.5.2018 at 14:33, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We do not plan that. Not big fans of them as they are so incredibly memory intensive and you need at least 6 gb of graphics mem to be able to utilize them properly.  Always keep in mind that the difference between an 1k texture and a 4k texture is not 3k but 15k.

Regarding the performance let me just add a thought on this on a general basis:

I'd two flights today to cover anything, that may affect the fps in my opinion:

1. EDDT-EDDF: 3rd party addons (Orb X Global, Active Sky and REX SkyForce 3D) used, with 20 aircraft on arrival and partly cloudy skies along the route.

2. EDDF-EGLL: 3rd party addons (Orb X Global, Active Sky and REX SkyForce 3D)used, with 60 aircraft on arrival and thunderstorms on arrival.

Total review: I'm positive speechless by the performance: During both flights I was stunned by the fact, that the fps were constantly between 20-60 fps,) depending on the flight phase you're in (i.e EDDF taxi in 20-35 sometimes even higher). Even the HD clouds didn't drop the fps significant.

However: During my arrival in EGLL they were somewhere between 10-25 for a short period of time, but that's surly caused by the huge traffic flow.

• Upvote 1

Mathijs, were you able to communicate with Holji to correct his repaints for the "Professional" product?

Darryl

We added this Ox thing because a lot of customers asked for it. And in a first of the day flight it is indeed important.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:28 AM, ColH said:

I think you will find that a large percentage of "flight simmers" will fly for only a short time in each session. A lot of people just want to flightsim as a form of entertainment and relaxation.

Shared flightdeck is perhaps for the more "serious" simmers, who have the time, and lack of pressure in their every day life, and have all the time to set it all up.

Just my humble opinion of course, but please don't take it too seriously.

I can certainly understand your perception, but really it's just the opposite.

I have over 8000 hours of Shared Cockpit time and vast majority of those flights were about 2 to 3 hours in length (including pre-flight).  Everything I've done in the flight sim over the past 35 years really pales in comparison to flying shared cockpit, save for save for multi-player, cooperative, air combat sims. Flying shared cockpit during a VATSIM event?  An absoltuely AMAZING experience!

One of the terrific things about the upcoming Aerosoft A330 is the Connected Flight Deck (Shared Cockpit) as it will allow for crew changes.... so if you're a 3 hour type, then you can jump in and jump out!

Best wishes!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I can certainly understand your perception, but really it's just the opposite.

Indeed, doing things together makes it more fun and easier. More relaxing. That's why we spend a sh*tload of money on making it foolproof and easy. Just start with sitting on a jump seat.

However, progress on the 'semi intelligent co-pilot' is very good and even though it is no replacement for a real human, it will still mean you are assisted and still have a good idea of what it is to fly a bus with two people. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, janjoensson said:

Hi! 

I am a big fan of Aerosoft for many years and the current Airbus from AS was my favorite airliner. 

Reading through the pages of this preview topic I get the feeling that this new Airbus Professional is more advanced than the current and that the systems might be more difficult to learn how to handle. 

Do you still think this new version will be managable for me as a holiday simpilot or is this product more aimed at a more professional customer?

Keep up the good work! 

Best regards 

Jan Jönsson 

Hi, this Product will feature some more sysem enhancements. But you will still have the checkist and CoPilot function. Also the tutorial is there. I thik you will be able to move very fast to the enhanced systems. It is not such complex. Fly first with CoPilot, look into the tutorial, and you will be really fast familar with this new bus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

(even though after 20+ flights in the FSL i still don't know how to "test T.O config" maybe someone knows?) 

The same way as it is done in the AS Airbus. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Patrick Almeida Helzer said:

Where is Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview part 3 and part 2 ?

Totally outdated and deleted.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, klam said:

Do the engines bouncing during turbulence? looks really neat on QW 787

I believe you're talking about wing flex.  No sir, the Aerosoft Airbus A318-A321 will not be programmed with wing flex, however the A330 will. .  This decision was made quite some time ago.

For others... we've revisited the subject of wing flex many times over, and the decision has been made and affirmed each time.  We realize some people care about this, but let's try not open up yet another discussion about wing flex.

I hope everyone experiences some great flights this weekend!

Best wishes!

• Upvote 1