Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

Important Post
Normal Post

Maybe the music is there to mask the unfinished sounds. ;)

Some of the pics Mathijs posted are not the result of the actual speed you have 150 nm away from the field. The FPLN was closed and everything was calculated as it should be. My airline participated in beta trails of Thales software and we saw a lot of that. Their latest software shows almost no line drawing errors anymore, instead it has some vertical profile problems now. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Lennart1948 said:

Will you be able to tune in frequencies not only for example 121.850 but also 121.705 or 121.720 (idk if those exist but I guess you get the idea)

Although you can do it differently too on IVAO or Vatsim it would be helpful. Do they have the possibility to tune in those frequencies in the real busses?

I'll check.

• Upvote 2

vor 2 Stunden , Lennart1948 sagte:

[...]

Do you have to press a certain switch to do it or does it do it automatically?

It switches trough the frequencies in 5er steps as you would switch throug the frequencies in the current bus. The FSL A320 has the 5er setps feature.

10 minutes ago, toasty98 said:

I know it is a bit too late to ask but have you remodeled  the edge of the wing? Because one side does not like the real edge but more like the edge of a knife in the current bus. There is missing a small rectangular strip along the wing.

The external model was not touched. So the existing liveries will fit.

Sorry Steafan, there was no offense intended towards your modeling skills. 

Let me try to show you what I mean with a few photos:

2018-5-11_20-5-58-593.thumb.jpg.7dec9170ac7c8e705fb5af45a5b21163.jpg

2018-5-11_20-10-15-903.thumb.jpg.f80405747f969e7a1ccd9dd868262d83.jpg

The elevators have an edge that is not that sharp as the wings are.

As a comparison, the real thing:

[18:58] + 00' 03" ..A320 wing trailing-edge.

You can clearly see a different edge.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Marty47 said:

A couple of questions regarding sharklets.

Your previous version had options for sharklets. Does the new version also have options for sharklets?

Is there any difference performance wise by choosing or not choosing the model with sharklets?

My understanding is that in the real-world these sharklets improve fuel efficiency. Is this modeled into your products?

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

ok dave so i'm not sure why you quoted this as your answer to my question. i've read through twice i can't see an answer there. This is general info regarding the airbus, ie timeframes, DRM, hardware etc. this doesn't help me

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Marty47 said:

ok dave so i'm not sure why you quoted this as your answer to my question. i've read through twice i can't see an answer there. This is general info regarding the airbus, ie timeframes, DRM, hardware etc. this doesn't help me

This is what he was quoting, if I understand correctly:

On 4/18/2018 at 9:01 AM, Frank Docter said:

Picture two shows the sharklet and wing from the cockpit. We did show you the wings of the A318 already but as we are now also testing the A319 we also have sharklets to see. And no, they are not different from our previous model. 

• Upvote 3

PMDG release a stunning video for new features on 747-8, specially a fantastic EFB that also manage charts inside VC.

Can you plan eventually also in a far future SP of busses a EFB that have similar utility? NavData Charts LIDO could be implemente like PMDG solution.

With 64bit sistem the possibility to do this is real...will be very usefull!

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, europe.au said:

This is what he was quoting, if I understand correctly:

Thanks!  That was indeed what I quoted.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Marty47 said:

Sorry for any confusion. Sometimes the Pinned Post (at the top) gets added to quotes due to a software issue.

I realize the post I provided didn't answer all your questions, but it answers the first/main question.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Sorry for any confusion. Sometimes the Pinned Post (at the top) gets added to quotes due to a software issue.

I realize the post I provided didn't answer all your questions, but it answers the first/main question.

Best wishes.

Ok thanks, makes sense now. I had to click the date at the top of what you quoted.

But my main question, what I really want to know, is whether the fuel efficiency advantages of sharklets is modelled or are they simply aesthetic?

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Croniat said:

Hi all,

How to be notified when the P3D v4 upgrade of Airbuses will be downloadable ?

While this time I canceled my P3D v4 subscription until I could use an Airbus on it.

Best regards

Go to the store and sign up for the Aerosoft Newsletter.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Sunny Andonov said:

As far as I am aware, the update is specifically for the 717 and currently part of their beta program as they are progressing release for P3Dv4. I don't think any performance updates have been made to Trueglass for example, therefore I don't see how the Airbus series can benefit from this. I might be wrong but at least this what I've read from the TFDi update.

That's what has been said by TFDi about RealLight in the update post:

"We created a new texture processing system to allow better compression without reducing visual quality of RealLight textures. This has allowed us to reduce texture memory consumption by approximately 66%."

So, if Aerosoft gets those updated files as well, this should have a positive performance impact on the Buses. (Lowering its VRAM need, to be a bit more precise.)

• Upvote 3