Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

Important Post
Normal Post
14 hours ago, bene. said:

Is it possible to deactivate the cup of coffee function? I really like Aerosofts point of view of how to simulate the airbus but getting a simulated cup of coffee (why not getting myself a real one instead) is a bit over the top for me :D

Sure, don't extend the tray table and all those animations will not show.

But do note that pilots almost without exception fly in cruise with the tray table extended.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bene. said:

Thank You!

Just for my curiosity, is there a reason you prefer the flightdeck to look 'pristine'? 

It's a (small) place where two work for hours on end. We asked our befriended pilots to make some photos of the flight deck as they use it. These show often a huge mess, from Mac Donald wrappers via magazines to laptops, cameras etc etc. We have a large collection of flight decks that are almost comically full of 'stuff'. As this is how a flight deck looks in reality we feel it should be part of the simulation. As I said if you prefer a simulation product that focuses only on systems this is not for you, if you want to experience flying an airline, this will work.

It's not on the 'Leaving the cockpit' checklist but there should be something there that makes sure pilots clean up after themselves!

• Upvote 3

vor 21 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Just for my curiosity, is there a reason you prefer the flightdeck to look 'pristine'? 

It's a (small) place where two work for hours on end. We asked our befriended pilots to make some photos of the flight deck as they use it. These show often a huge mess, from Mac Donald wrappers via magazines to laptops, cameras etc etc. We have a large collection of flight decks that are almost comically full of 'stuff'. As this is how a flight deck looks in reality we feel it should be part of the simulation. As I said if you prefer a simulation product that focuses only on systems this is not for you, if you want to experience flying an airline, this will work.

It's not on the 'Leaving the cockpit' checklist but there should be something there that makes sure pilots clean up after themselves!

It's hard to explain - I think everyone has different things in flight simulation which are making the experience (or the feeling) as realistic as it gets - (Caution: philiosphical :D)  I understand if someone says I want to see the wingtip from the cockpit even if that is not the case in real life but if this makes flight simulation more realistic/enjoyable for this particular person why not - there are probably hundreds of things which are important for some people where others say this is totally unrealistic/ not important. Personally I really like it if the cockpit looks used like you do it but on the other hand I try to make my PC environment as "cockpitish" as It gets, that means I already have a cup of coffee on my desk, airport charts on my tablet and on a good day even the printed weather forecast for my flight plan - so if I have all these things also simulated they are too much and makes it feel a bit unrealistic for myself. But you provide a solution by simply deactivating it if I don't want it, thats great and thank you for that!

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

What if we can do it like the EFB of the TFDI by setting just a texture in a configurator/folder so we can re-adjust a screenshot taken from the internet if we want and replace the default newspaper? That could be great! So if people want to change the picture they can, and if they don't want to they just don't have to do it.

You can of course at any time simply open the texturefile with paint.net or photoshop and just exchange the textures.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

The A320 models alpha floor, right?

Yes, this will be modeled, as it was already modeled in the old bus.

• Upvote 1

No, Spain and Portugal. A lot of professional customers are still on P3d V3 (unfortunately). 

And P3D can't be sold to a North Korean company (or North Korean individual actually). We have have loads of customers from South Korea but non from North Korea.

• Upvote 3

If we actually decide to release the whole series in 32 bits, yes. But as said that decision depends on a lot of things. One of them the amount of possible customers (NOT 32 bit sim users but people who still want to buy 32 bit add-ons, something very different) another if we need to do it for professional customers anyway.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

Emi tolde me a, hard to believe, story that some of the students where he does his 737 TR called the 738 an NGX. It seems we have an whole new breed of pilots that think that the 737 NG series is actually an NGX. PMDG must be proud. Now we just need the branding of ‚professional’ to stick for the A320 ;)

In our organization, at least 1/3 of A&P Mechanics own a copy of P3D/FSX with PMDG NGX installed.  I bet there is a similar number of pilots, maybe more.  I have even heard my local Air Traffic Control accidentally say "Pass behind the 737 NGX and proceed to your gate Alpha-Six."  PMDG really are genius with their marketing.  That being said, when AS comes out with their AS Professional Bus, I am sure the lingo will catch on as well.  Lets face, many of real world airline employees use FSX/P3D in own 'Professional Manner' at home and I am sure quite a few visit these forums.  Maybe we could have Mathijas include a signed self portrait in a digital format included with each copy AS forum member purchase.         

• Upvote 3

Hi all,

May be too late for this sugestion, but I have the hope to see this special feature at least in a future update once the initial release of the buses become fully functional and stable. I've recently puschased a 787 model from QW. They have provided a simple and clever way to practice approaches and landings (also to reduce the duration of a simulation) without the need to perform the full flight or have saved it before: any moment during the flight jou can 'jump' ahead your fp, and the soft reposition the plane acordingly the FMC prediction, including the correct reamaining fuel, altitude, heading, etc...

Should be great to have this on the buses. 

We are developing for 64 bit at this moment and yet have to make the decision if we do a 32 bit version. It depends on a lot of things and it can't have all the nice things that we have in the 64 bit version. We really have to think long and hard if it will make sense as we think our 32 bit version is still pretty solid.

Your hardware will be perfect. It's what we will advise as 'optimal'. Serious overclock btw!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, nealmac said:

... but I was under the impression that FSiPanel isn't compatible with P3Dv4? ---

It actually is ;) 

5 hours ago, Arabian.aero said:

I suspect that this will be the A330-343 (Trent 772B/C-60) aircraft. Am I correct?

Yes, you are correct.

• Upvote 3

I have just listened to the Podcast on PC flight.net and Mathijs explained (as we already know) that they won't simulate errors that might happen only 1:20 mill times or so, including the two engine shut down as they they did with the Hudson landing. I think that's perfectly fine, but I just wondered what happens during flight ( real or simulator) if we shut off fuel to both engines, will they both shut down and make the plane a glider or what happens?