Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

19 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

Do we need to click on that pedal disc thing before T/O and after landing? I know it's real but IRL you just need to reach it with ur hand whereas here you have to see it with the cursor.  

You only click/use it IRL when doing the flight control/rudder check after engine start. After that it is not touched/used anymore. 

3 hours ago, Lennart1948 said:

Soo was there a meeting today?

There was... Not a lot new things.

We did loose a few days as we decided to change the path of the files. They are now all in one single folder that can be placed where you want. 

image.png

Clearly the easiest way to handle things (I even have one install of the bus on my server and it is used by all my test machines, not even any files local!) but it was damned complex to be able to mix the diverse versions of this family of products. Also the updater (in use for the Busses, DC-8 and CRJ and soon for scenery products as well) is now fully implemented. It will allow you to update your products with one simple click but also allow you to select only stable builds or also experimental updates). 

image.png

Om bugs issues we now crossed the point where we are not getting more bug reports in than we fix. Always extremely important as a growing number of bugs is depressing for the whole team. But we need to kill 10 bugs a day to stay on the new schedule. There goes Easter......

To give you some idea on how complex things can be..... we found that some of the light effects of the strobes was not 100% stable. Sometimes they just did not show reliably. It took a lot of experimenting before we found out that this was caused because they were triggered between frames and thus simply were not shown. The better the FPS, the least this will be an issue. We could find very little information on this but when we tried it with other P3D V4.2 add-ons we found the same issue. As far as we know not solvable but we'll ask Lockheed of course. But from 'How the **** is this happening?' to 'Okay so that's why and lets talk to Lockheed' a lot of hours were lost. 

Good news was that Stefan experimented a few weeks back with a new shading technique that looks better and is seriously faster. It's now clear that this is stable and it has been now included in all models. Frame rates and memory use (yes also in P3d V4) remains something we work on every day. 

I'll leave you with a 'funny' story. Remember I told you last week that what we do is used not only in sims but also in movies, TV etc. We probably have the best model of these aircraft and these industries know it. Just this week a new contract was signed for the use of the A319 model in a movie that will launch in 2019.  But imagine my surprise when I saw this when I was doing some shopping last Saturday at my local supermarket in Vergt (France) (Google Earth that if you want to know how deep in the countryside of South West france I live). 

image.png

Now the 'artist' who did this tried to make the aircraft more impressive by stretching it but we got some indications that at least part of this bus is created by Stefan. And we did not sell the model for this use. So our legal team will have to work on that. If it turns out to be true it seems it is not only our competitors who 'borrow' from us. 

Aerosoft A320, soon coming to a local supermarket near you!

1 hour ago, francis16 said:

Hi @Frank Docter,

will the wing lights work for both 320 & 330?

thanks

I can answer for Frank.  Yes!  They also worked in our previous model!

Best wishes.

Will there be a WX functionality on release? If so, will it be using AS16?

Just like with the current buses there will be of course a fully functional WXR, which works totally independent from your installed weather add-on, even with the original FSX/P3D build-in weather.

2 minutes ago, europe.au said:

I don't know how to edit posts (assuming posts can be edited), but I also had another question:

Will there be a WX functionality on release? If so, will it be using AS16?

Yes and no, we are not using the (functionally limited) ASP4 radar, but our own system which works with any weather engine, any addon or even default weather.

The radar will be included from version 1.0 onwards. CFD is the only feature that currently had to be removed from the release in order to get you the plane in a timely manner.

11 hours ago, koploper77 said:

Was the A320 cgi footage used in "Sully" also from Aerosoft?

Sorry, these deals are nearly always done with a clause that makes it confidential. It's the CGI studio that takes all the credit at the end of the movie.

1 hour ago, klisura said:

I remember Mathjis said that 2d popup displays have been removed from initial release and would be implemented with SP1. Now they are back since release?

Partly.

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

After watching a few videos of landing and the videos showing the pilot inputs on the stick I would like to try and set up my WARTHOG HOTAS to how a real pilot feels it should be.

Hi Dave,

first to answer your question. I also have an Warthog and use the FSL recommened settings when flying the FSL bus. These settings do the job well. 

Now with regard to most videos you see on the internet. They are perfect examples of how not to fly an Airbus. I am talking about the huge and frequent inputs that are made.  There are some situation where such inputs may be neccesary but in general less is more.  

To hand fly the Airbus during approach correctly you need experience, awareness and training. When I see these videos the pilot is mostly lacking one or more of these.

Every RW Airbus simulator also plots the stick inputs next to vertical and lateral deviations when handflying an ILS or NPA. Here you can see that a perfect approach can be flown with minimum inputs because the Airbus is partly correcting for „upsets“ itself. If you now start to also make inputs you are more or less fighting the FBW and not the external weather influences. There is also a latency difference between first and second inputs which will cancel each other out when they are followed in quick succesion. Bottomline; try to fly the last, fully configured, part of the approach with only 15-20 stick Inputs maximum. After some approaches you will notice that that is all it takes. This takes like I said, experience, awareness of what you do with the stick and training. 

So much for being off topic now. ;) 

14 hours ago, Wow SoDoge said:

Your sim looks gorgeous, do you use PTA ? If yes what Preset ?

Thank you. I am using one of the REX Sky Force PTA‘s at the moment. Unfortunately I can not say which one as I am away from my computer. 

Hi Tom and other guys!

I would like to know about SDK or similar resources to home cockpit builders. In last 3 years I working hard in my HC using basically a conjunction of LINDA/lua files with SIOC Scripts and now I have a 100% of Aerosoft Airbuses controlled by hardware.

Almost all of this work was made by research a try /error / try again and again / sucess!, once there's not a public SDK available or community support. But I don't give up because I love your buses.

Only a bit of functions I haven't linked with hardware control, like ADF2, stand-by freqs digits, but isn't relevant.

But, I have a CPFlight FCU, and it has your own drivers.. Program it's interface isn't possible for anyone who not CPFlight Engineers.

So, please let me know if the localvars (mainly the vars applied at actual P3Dv3 version) will be radically renamed... because if it will happen, my homecockpit will be totally useless...

Best regards.

E.B.

As closing the windows is part of the before start checklist I am pretty sure AS will not put any development time into this sort of immersion. Opening the windows is a nice “gimmick” but how much do you open them in the sim anyway? IRL we only open them to throw some documents to the rampagent or get some fresh air into the cockpit. 

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I think your quote was from me Eric :P:D

I have been following the open window with engines on topic for a while. But it's silly. There is no pilot who will have the window open when the engines are running. We asked all our advisory pilots and they all categorically said it just does not happen (or rather they said, "why the heck would you ever do that?"). Adding that option adds no immersion it adds the option for a simmer to do something that a sane pilot would never do.  So let's close this topic, not going to happen.

1 hour ago, Patrick Almeida Helzer said:

Mathijs I hope this issue can be solved in the future. More and more P3D streamers are turning down their volume because it gets too loud in front of the engines when they like to show the aircraft from outside. That means that generally the volume of the sim is turned down from the streamer so low that most of the time you can barely hear the aircraft anymore especially when the streamer is in the cockpit. To have an option to maintain the interior sound when going outside at times when the aircraft is really loud would be very helpful.

Uhhh you do know jet engines are pretty loud when they run right? In fact, in EVERY add-on I have ever seen the outside sounds are many tens of times to low in volume. Mainly because your speakers can't handle the realistic sound levels. That this might cause issues for streamers is not really a major factor, if they have issues with that they'll contact me and we'll solve it for them. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Almeida Helzer said:

Mathijs I hope this issue can be solved in the future. More and more P3D streamers are turning down their volume because it gets too loud in front of the engines when they like to show the aircraft from outside. That means that generally the volume of the sim is turned down from the streamer so low that most of the time you can barely hear the aircraft anymore especially when the streamer is in the cockpit. To have an option to maintain the interior sound when going outside at times when the aircraft is really loud would be very helpful.

Hello Patrick,

I'm not sure which streaming software you're using, but I use OBS and it has some incredible tools for the streams audio output which can help to mitigate the issue you're speaking of.  If interested, feel free to PM me.

Best wishes.

Gentlemen,

We've heard and understand the open window vs. sound concern, and many thanks for that.  Mathijs will take the matter under advisement, so let's move forward please.

Best wishes.

1 minute ago, MichalL said:

There will be some type of all in one pack? I mean 318/319/320/321/330 in one purchase.

Eventually that is our intent, but as the products (A318/A319, A320/A321, A330) will be released at different times we won't have a combined package for a while.  But there will be discounts that will equal the package price discount.

1 hour ago, Benutzernamen said:

Thank you very much. Will there also be a a320 neo version in the pack?

No sir, no Neo in these Airbuses.  For additional information we've placed a stickied post at the top of each page.

Best wishes.

46 minutes ago, Malcomx said:

Where can we request New Liveries for the A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 ?

For A318-A321 where it has been for the last couple of years:

For the A330 in exactly the topic you have quoted.

22 minutes ago, Mapex said:

60h a week? My god guys, give yourself a break! That's 10h with one day off per day! Thanks for putting in so much time to develop the bus for us (no pun intended :P ) though. I appreciate that a lot. I'd rather wait a few months longer though and have you guys work "normal" shifts but then many guys here seem to get itchy hands. Anyways I am really looking forward to putting my virtual hand (ok, the mouse arrow) on the dashboard!

This is 100% standard in these projects. It will be more in the last week. 

1 minute ago, canonprince1989 said:

Will it acceptable with FSFX AS320 IMMERSION?

This will be an P3D V4 only version. (for now)

Hi! 

Good progress and stunning work Team AES! 

Small question - Sorry if irrelevant or asked before, but is it possible to open the cockpit door when on ground? :)  Would appreciate and like it, if can open the door.

Thanks, and Regards!