Because the previous topic was old, contained a lot of nonsense etc I decided to make a new one.   How many products are this? And what will be the names? Aerosoft A318/A319 Professional Aerosoft A320/A321 Professional Aerosoft A330 Professional The 'Professional' in the title indicates that the product is developed for P3d V4 and partly for the professional market (did you know we sold over 75 educational licenses?). This 64 bit platform is our main development platform and our main market. We are sorry that this might lead to some confusion. In scenery we only use the term 'Professional' for products that are designed for P3d V4 and are ONLY P3D V4 compatible. They are not the same products as the FSX:SP2, FSX:STEAM, P3D V3 versions. For aircraft they basically ARE the same.  One product, one buy and you can install as many times on any compatible sim (as long as it is your sim and not that of a friend).  In other words, you buy the P3D v4 version and get the FSX:SP2, FSX:STEAM, and P3D V3 version for free. A bit complex, sorry about that.    Are these updates of the old version? No, they are fully new builds. The 32 bits versions had some code in it that was close to 7 years old and was holding us back.  So we decided to redo a lot of the modules and graphics to modern standards. Around 60% of the modeling and textures are new and more then 75% of the code is new.   So they probably are not free updates, right? Indeed. But as always Aerosoft will never charge you double for anything. If we replace 50% of a product the update will only cost you half the new price. I this case it's even better because we if you own the A318/A319/A320/A321 and want the newer versions you will be offered an update price of 16.95 Euro (plus VAT when applicable). If you want the A330 and have any of the older models we might be able to offer you an discount as well, not 100% sure on that. The full versions will cost just under 50 Euro. Bundles will be updatable for 24.95 Euro (plus VAT when applicable. Of course prices can always change.   [UPDATE] For pricing and update information please follow up here.   DRM? Online activation? Of course not. You paid for the files and can do with them (on your own systems) as you want. Feel free to install 20 times or on all of your own computers. As long as you do not share it with anybody else we're fine with it.    What platforms is this for? We start with versions for P3D v4.3 (older versions of P3D have a bug that will prevent it to work) and will consider 32 bit versions as long as that makes commercial sense. To be honest the 32bit platform sales are drying up pretty fast and we do believe we got a good product for that platform at this moment. No decision will be made any time soon on that.   What hardware is needed? We advise the same as Lockheed Martin does for it's simulator. As always things will 'run' at the required hardware and will run best at the advised hardware. We do know that the combination of P3d V4.3 and TrueGlass seems very demanding on GPU memory. Other products released at this moment seem to confirm this and we are monitoring that. We are not worried about that right now and are discussing it with de developers.   Wingflex? On the smaller busses not (we simply have never seen the high frequency very small movements of the wings done well, they are remarkably stiff wings) and adding it just adds a load of complexity and development cost. Of course the A330 has wingflex, it has much larger and much less stiff wings   When? I just had a talk with Winfried (who says hi to all people he met in Vegas!) and he told me we need to delay the bus with two weeks. The reason has nothing to do with the product but with the fact we are changing our back office system  (SAP) and one of the last steps of that is to include our outdated warehouse system into the new system. Now please keep in mind that Aerosoft is a pretty sizable company these days and flight sim add-ons are just part of what we do and while this is a very important release for us, we can't reschedule these important internal changes around it.   Obviously as Project Manager, I am not happy about this, but Winfried is not only a good friend he is also my CEO. Of course some people will believe this is a ploy because we are not ready but there is not a lot we can do about that. July 12th is now our goal.    -------------------   I suggest strongly that we do not waste to much time on discussing this. It's not something we are seeking customer advise on. It is what we decided to do.    While the dates are not clear, we do have a good idea what will happen after we get the first product online. It's not months away though. Please do not ask every few hours when it will be released as we will always refer you back to this post.   A318/A319 Professional
D-Day A320/A321 Professional
5 weeks later A318/A319 Professional & A320/A321 Profession service Pack 1
This Service pack will replace the current PFD and ND with newer version that are better in resolution and designed to be used in 2d mode (the other gauges should already work in 2d mode at that time)
Unknown period later, but we guestimate something like 4 weeks. A330 Professional
Unknown period later 318/A319 Professional & A320/A321 Professional & A330 Professional service Pack 2
Note we skip the A330 SP1 to keep the names uniform. This service pack will bring all aircraft to the same status and will update the smaller busses with the knowledge gathered in the meantime.
  After this we'll most likely add more A330 models (more engine types etc). Of course, we'll always do hotfixes as soon as they are more or less stable. We promise not to keep them on our systems waiting for a larger update.  Decisions on updates of the 32 bit version has not been taken. We feel that the models we know have are highly competitive in their price range and downloads for the 32 bit platform have tanked totally. When we get to that moment in time we'll look at it again. Please do not ask about this right now as I am not going to say anything else then that we'll look at it after point 5. How updates are handled and at what price is listed in the first post on every page. We'll announce deals on the bundle this week. But don't worry, they will be as sweet as our other update options.  The DC8 should be out before you fly busses. But that one is pretty close, such a lovely aircraft.   So how does it look? Well we think it looks pretty spiffing. We used the very latest technology to make sure this 'base' product stays viable for some time.  Here are some of the latest images from our development team (do see them at max resolution)              Got a question? It's almost sure that anything you could ask has already been replied to on these forums. So do everybody a favor and use the search option of the forum before asking what has been asked and replied to several times. That way you won't even have to wait for the anwer!
Do not hesitate to ask anything or to suggest something!   Hey, why is my post removed? To keep these topics 'topical'  we do clean them out every few days.  Of course we love to read 'oh my god that is beautiful' but it does not really help the topic. So please do post it but don't be angry when it deleted a few days later. 

As this forum and certainly this section, is part of our marketing, we are rather strict on content. We have no problems discussing things even if it makes us feel; uncomfortable as long as it is written with respect and is on topic. There are hundreds of forums where we are not the moderators and where rants and raves are very welcome. Heck we know some where they are the norm! Just stay on topic, stay respectful and when you really feel the need to bait somebody, bait me. I get paid to eat stuff, no other moderator, developer, or customer is. I am fair game, they are not.