Mathijs Kok

Alea iacta est.......... Aerosoft A318/A319 professional

Important Post
Normal Post

I think this new way of using the FMC is good, because when I was flying shared cockpit with my friend in FSX it didn't feel that realistic with only one fully functional FMC. At least now we have 2 FMC that we can use for inputting a route and stuff like that. Thank you for adding that, now it will feel more realistic when flying.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

Just a little question since v4.2 isnt fully established yet and stable with all the addons will it be compatible with v4.1?

Otherwise i'm earning the more i can for these puppies( 60€ i thonk.)

It will not be compatible with 4.1 anymore, sorry. 4.1 will be a thing of the past very very soon with more and more customers switching over.

On top of that 4.1 got an issue which Lockheed luckily fixed with 4.2 which will render the Airbus inoperative in 4.1, unless we remove some major features. Which we will not do.

We see no issues with 4.2, it is a very good system. Nothing that would prevent us from recommending you to update.

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

We are aiming for a solid 7FPS if you have the latest hardware and put all the sliders full left. ;)

So not having the latest hardware and settings some sliders to the right might give me a liquid 30 fps then?! ;)

• Upvote 2

Stunning work inside and out...hopefully, the "Bus" will be out by March 31 (end of first quarter).

Now, if something can be done about the paint-kit since everything comes out overly dirty. Wish it was more like the CRJ which is perfect! Btw, can you remove the dirt layer with something besides Adobe Photoshop which is too expensive and complicated for me? 

Darryl

4 hours ago, Haohzh said:

Good news! How about the a330?, the first version only trent700 or all engine type for a330?

The A330 product will contain the A330-300 Trent 700 model. Aerosoft people, correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm pretty dang sure it's the -3 T700 variant for now.

2 hours ago, Labbi85 said:

... would it be possible to just change the content shown on the second MCDU with the soft buttons instead of opening up a second screen?

No, currently this is not possible . That would mean complete new coding of the options, witch lead to more delay.

I don’t know, but maybe this is an option for future updates.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, AA777-200ER said:

Now, if something can be done about the paint-kit since everything comes out overly dirty. Wish it was more like the CRJ which is perfect! Btw, can you remove the dirt layer with something besides Adobe Photoshop which is too expensive and complicated for me?

I have so far done all my (of course non professional) paintwork with paint.net. Works perfectly fine and is by far not as complicated as photoshop.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nikita1234 said:

Hello,

Sorry but I am a bit confused. In previous topic it said the new Airbus 318-321 and 330 are coming for 32 bit FSX Steam platforms. So are they still coming or not anymore?

Thank you

image.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Er!k said:

On the old Airbus I always used the MCDU on my tablet. Now with the new options (2D popups), will I be able to switch between the options MCDU and real MCDU as well?

The web MCDU is the left MCDU and that will stay like that.

6 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

Btw will there be those little features like sunshades or wwindows on the a330 that makes us simmers smile? I know the a32x does but I'm not sure about the a330.

They worked with V3. But that is ofcourse no guarantee for the future.

Always appreciate these updates - just a question - did you even consider a separate (none MCDU) window for the controls ?

For me having something bigger and movable to a different screen would my preference.

However, I see that is how you and other devs prefer to implement which I of course respect.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

That being said since my internet is a complete potato i was just asking if it would be like airports which work in all v4 versions. I had so many issues to get all my addons to work in v4 that this is why i'm asking sine v4.2 is only two weeks old and the biggest part of development was made during v4 and v4.1. Btw will there be those little features like sunshades or wwindows on the a330 that makes us simmers smile? I know the a32x does but I'm not sure about the a330.

As explained, P3d V4 and 4.1 contained an error that made it impossible to extend the VC to the level of detail we desire. It you decide not to update it means you will not be able to use this add-on. 

• Upvote 1

Hello,

unfortunately one of my questions died unanswered with the previous thread. Can you just have a look? :)

"I have yet another question. In the present bus the altitude callouts like "onethousand" during approach is issued every second when approaching a falling terrain (for example in Stuttgart EDDS runway 07). That led for example to "onethousand ... onethousand ... onethousand" callouts. There is missing a logic that prevents continous same radio altitude callouts when approaching a falling terrain hight or even when approaching a flat ground at 2500ft (with the "twothousandfivehundred" callout). 

Has this also been fixed/reworked or can you have a look at that otherwise? Thanks."

• Upvote 1

Decisions on updates of the 32 bit version has not been taken. We feel that the models we know have are highly competitive in their price range and downloads for the 32 bit platform have tanked totally. When we get to that moment in time we'll look at it again. Please do not ask about this right now as I am not going to say anything else then that we'll look at it after point 5.

Another quote from Mathijs on this.

• Upvote 1

I can certainly understand your consideration, regarding any future 32-bit version of the Airbus' should be developed. 

Remember, that porting backwards from Prepar3D V4 isn't something which is done in 5 seconds (contrary to what some I believe). As Prepar3D V4 distances itself further and further from the legacy platforms, if becomes an increasing time-comsuming job of porting addons - not to mention the task of providing support for them...

If the number of customers, who are using 32-bit platforms, are dwindling that fast, it very quickly becomes a question of whether or nor is feasible viable to reserve the time for.

• Upvote 1