Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post
vor 26 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

No, that will not happen as Mathijs already explained above that the released P3Dv4.3 version is needed to compile the bus against. 

So LM release first, then the bus. 

Ah, I didn't see that, thanks Tom.

mfg Kai

I know that P4.3 is spoken of as coming out in June this year.  Your cautionary note about the 320/321 is understood, but is the A318/319 still coming out on June 26?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

We can only release after P3d V4.3 is released and we had a few days to test on that. It simply makes no sense to release the product for 4.2 and then having to replace major parts after a few days. And believe me, everybody will be screaming for P3D v4.3 specific compiled models. And those might simply not work on P3D V4.2.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And believe me, everybody will be screaming for P3D v4.3 specific compiled models. 

Hmmmmm what can we read into this... looking forward this :) 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CuzIm_Tom said:

Will the A320/A321 Pack be released after the A318/A319 release in 2 weeks?

I now seriously doubt that that is possible. Depends a lot on what is completed. 

1 hour ago, Dimon said:

DX11 that LM uses in P3Dv4 is Win7 standard, hence the AB product must work in W7.  

//Sarcasm on

W7 doesn't exist. Microsoft employed so-called "process hollowing" to make the Win95.exe appear as cmdhost.exe W7.exe. The upcoming Aerosoft Airbus is not compatible with Win95.

//Sarcasm off

Hello:)

Think its my first write at this thread

Mathijs says 32 GB ram is recommended.

I have now CPU 6700k OC 4.8 , Gpu 1080ti,

Ram 16gb , ssd hdd and Win 10  64 bit

Today I ordered 16 GB ram more- so I reach 32gb of RAM.

Will I in a Way see a difference between 16 or 32gb - since you recommend 32gb?

Chris from Denmark

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, copilot767 said:

Will I in a Way see a difference between 16 or 32gb - since you recommend 32gb?

Always hard to say, but on my system I often see P3d use more then 20 gb of memory so it is absolutely used. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2018 at 1:25 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

With All known heavy Add-ons - Orbx, heavy airports - heavy cities ... BUT only with default A321 I Can fly around without OOMs with only 16 GB- 

Think 20 GB ram of usage sounds a lot:)

2 minutes ago, copilot767 said:

With All known heavy Add-ons - Orbx, heavy airports - heavy cities ... BUT only with default A321 I Can fly around without OOMs with only 16 GB- 

Think 20 GB ram of usage sounds a lot:)

It's a hell of a lot! But 16 Gb will be fine. 

On 4/1/2018 at 1:25 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Have ordered - so I Will have 32 GB of ram- But sounds if its avaible in my computer- it Will use above the 16gb of ram- since you Can hit a usage of 20gb:)  Thank you-NOT been flying in a year.

So looking forward to the release- Only Want to fly the Aerosoft bus- therefore so long time since my last take off in P3d :)

19 hours ago, jn_carter said:

I know it's much more realistic with rudder pedals,

You can twist some joysticks to give you rudder control, it's not realsitic, but something is better than nothing.

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

We do too, but again, we need some time to compile everything with the release compilers and to do tests. If those tests show issues we can fall back to 4.2 models that will work in 4.3, just not as efficient.

So hopefully 4.3 will be released until the 20.of June so that you have enough time for testing. Just for understanding: if issues are coming up in 4.3 during testing: does this means that a 4.2 model will be released that is also compatible to 4.3 to have time to fix upcoming issues?

mfg Kai

58 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe said:

So hopefully 4.3 will be released until the 20.of June so that you have enough time for testing. Just for understanding: if issues are coming up in 4.3 during testing: does this means that a 4.2 model will be released that is also compatible to 4.3 to have time to fix upcoming issues?

mfg Kai

Read what Mathjis said again. And one more time. You should now have your answer :D

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We do too, but again, we need some time to compile everything with the release compilers and to do tests. If those tests show issues we can fall back to 4.2 models that will work in 4.3, just not as efficient.

So... that seems to say that 4.3 comes with significant performance improvements...!? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Fredge said:

You can twist some joysticks to give you rudder control, it's not realsitic, but something is better than nothing.

As you do not use the rudders a lot in an bus that would work fine. I have not had real rudder pedals for the last 6 years and never missed them. 

It's the rudder axis you use your *ss mostly as a sensor so I always felt that a twist stick for rudder channel is fine. It's only when you fly small aircraft you really miss it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cheyenne Chief Pilot said:

//Sarcasm on

W7 doesn't exist. Microsoft employed so-called "process hollowing" to make the Win95.exe appear as cmdhost.exe W7.exe. The upcoming Aerosoft Airbus is not compatible with Win95.

//Sarcasm off

I'll find out if it works fine in W7 because I got my then new setup when W10 was still recent and people were having issues with FSX in it so I refrained from choosing W10. Which I now regret. It was free then.