Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post
8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am worried about some ShowStopper issues but there was one important step done today, we started testing installers...

image.png

Well, for the more seasoned simmers among us, we all know no FS product gets released without overshooting its release date (except those who cheat by not giving any release dates, shame on them). It will be out when it's ready.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Kihew said:

I am sure eventually someone will edit that pic to put Samara from The Ring, or Kayako from The Grudge at the door. Or perhaps Gandalf The Grey. 

Or the pizza delivery guy. Or Mulder and Scully. Or a pair of evangelists from whichever belief system you'd like to make fun of, from creationism to evolutionism (like a pic of someone spreading the Word of Charles Darwin).

Sorry for the slightly off topic. 

PS

I was taking the innovative feature for granted by not commenting on the idea itself: I love it and the extra realism and variety it will add to the flight! But one issue: I, and I am sure a few others, really really dislike coffee. Even the vision of it is strong enough to remind me of its nauseating taste. And nausea don't go well with flying. I don't suppose that there will be a setup option that will allow me to change the coffee drink for something else? :) Well, I can always imagine it's Coca Cola. 

• Upvote 2

And I thought we could watch a certain type of movie on that screen.  Mathijis I'll still buy the plane though.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, eaim said:

It's a shame we don't have worried button as well as a like and upvote button as I would have clicked like/upvote as well as worried about your showstopper comment.

Maybe something like this?  JK

nuke.thumb.png.d4b2c8425dd95ec7279833cd681c7d7f.png

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Kihew said:

Well, for the more seasoned simmers among us, we all know no FS product gets released without overshooting its release date (except those who cheat by not giving any release dates, shame on them). It will be out when it's ready.

All kidding aside. I am very anxious like a lot of people for the release. I am sure Mathijs is cracking the whip to get things wrapped up. I have a lot of response for him. As a PM myself, I don't know how he manages the work the project team needs to complete, communicate to the executive team, and read/respond to all the Forum posts. He must have an IV drip of caffeine to keep him going.  Well done to the project team.

• Upvote 1

It seems the poor developers are always in a no win situation.  They release when it seems to work then fix all the bugs after so the support guys get a chance to justify their salaries or keep it till they are ready and then release it (which will be after teleportation is invented and no one flies anymore).

On top of that they have some project manager coming in all the time and saying....here;s a good idea we could just add coffee or newspapers or blonde stewardesses so the developers always have lots to do.

Just like the Wright Bros released before the Concorde I guess there will be a time we get it.

Good work everyone and I am sure it will be great but soon please.  :)

• Upvote 1

Guys, sorry, but can anyone supply me a link to the system requirements or even if you could let me know of them of the new Airbuses please?

I cannot seem to find them, that's why. 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Haleef I said:

Guys, sorry, but can anyone supply me a link to the system requirements or even if you could let me know of them of the new Airbuses please?

I cannot seem to find them, that's why. 

Thanks. 

For their A320 family, Aerosoft recommends the same system requirements as Lockheed does for P3D. The general rule of thumb: if your computer can run P3D, then it'll probably be able to run the Aerosoft A320 :)

15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not sure if we ever showed you this:

image.png

If you hear the door chime you check the door cam to see who is buzzing. When it is good folk you open the door. 

If there nobody it shows like this:

image.png

I'm having a special lock and a camera installed on my Sim Room door and if my wife is outside it won't be opening anytime soon :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, europe.au said:

For their A320 family, Aerosoft recommends the same system requirements as Lockheed does for P3D. The general rule of thumb: if your computer can run P3D, then it'll probably be able to run the Aerosoft A320 :)

Great! I'm looking forward to building a new PC and installing along P3D for the first time, that's why.

Thank you for the info! :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Here are three tips:

1. P3D v4 loves memory of any kind, both system and graphical. 
  2. Single core performance is still the most important, more than 4 cores will hardly ever be used. The speed of core 0 determines the speed of the sim.
  3. Graphics cards determine how good things look, not so much how many fps you will have.

If you want to follow up do so here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/245-hardware-and-os-discussions-suggestions-and-insights/

Thanks again Mr. Mathijs.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Here are three tips:

1. P3D v4 loves memory of any kind, both system and graphical. 
  2. Single core performance is still the most important, more than 4 cores will hardly ever be used. The speed of core 0 determines the speed of the sim.
  3. Graphics cards determine how good things look, not so much how many fps you will have.

If you want to follow up do so here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/245-hardware-and-os-discussions-suggestions-and-insights/

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

v4.3

So now the release date is when 4.3 gets released? (Unless 4.3 gets released before the 26th of June)

25 minutes ago, koploper77 said:

So now the release date is when 4.3 gets released? (Unless 4.3 gets released before the 26th of June)

The betatesters must first have the chance to check it with V4.3. So the AS Bus will release after V4.3

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

The betatesters must first have the chance to check it with V4.3. So the AS Bus will release after V4.3

And we can only compile with the 4.3 compilers when we have the released versions of the SDK (rumor has it that they are really a lot better). Not overly happy with it, but it is simply not cool to release a product and then have to do a massive update when people find out things don't work anymore.

• Upvote 4

So that means the A318/A319 pack will be released later or on the June 26th Mr Kok?

• Upvote 1

After Prepar3D Version 4.3 has been released and then had time for testing. 

8 minutes ago, CuzIm_Tom said:

So that means the A318/A319 pack will be released later or on the June 26th Mr Kok?

Exactly, pending the V4.3 release and any possible showstoppers. 

25 minutes ago, CuzIm_Tom said:

Ok thanks , Does anyone know when P3D v4.3 come out?

Most developers will not tell you due to NDA lifted

Oh I always thought that developers get the version up front to get their addons to work with it on release

vor 2 Minuten, Lennart1948 sagte:

Oh I always thought that developers get the version up front to get their addons to work with it on release

As far as I thought the developers DO get the new Version up front (they have to sign an NDA), but I am pretty sure the Beta testers don't. This means the Aerosoft developers who write the code can do so - aswell as doingsome limited testing (if they can find the time). The Beta Testers however only have access to the normal P3D version. (If I am mistaken please do not hesitate to delete my comment)

Hope this clarifies it.