Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post

Robert mentioned at the presentations Q&A, that it will be a subscription based. Pricing has not been revealed.

So let me get this straight. To Get full functionality out of the bus, I would need to be subscribed to PMDG's product?

If so then thanks but no thanks....

M Gardiner

• Downvote 9

2 minutes ago, Matt2725 said:

So let me get this straight. To Get full functionality out of the bus, I would need to be subscribed to PMDG's product?

If so then thanks but no thanks....

M Gardiner

Of course not. All our Bus projects are designed specifically to work without ANY other addon that we do not include (for example we do not tell you what weather add-on to use and our weather radar works with ALL weather engines. However of you want to use the new functionality that PMDG will offer you will of course need their software.  But that is the same with ANY add-on aircraft. We are just closer to implementation. 

I think you do not understand what PMDG is proposing btw. It has little to do with the aircraft.

• Upvote 2

hello

as many of us i also wait for the new busses.

it is very interesting to learn about all the problems that a developer encounters.

i understand now how much work is in this project.

for sure i will buy them  when they will be ready.

also if it will take a little bit longer.

• Upvote 3

Ah, the countdown is unnerving, the days pass slowly.

I have been more than a little critical of some of my colleague simmers through the lengthy wait, but now I realise their often tendentious, and some pages later, repeated questions have led to your patient and detailed answers.  Certainly I will know more about this release than any other when it arrives in not so long from now.

A long way back in this thread DaveCT mentioned that some users simmed once a week.  I know now that there is a surprisingly large group over retirement age who sim every day, me among them.  So you can be comforted that your bus will get a good workout, and each new model will be eagerly awaited.

You appear to have been meticulous in your detailed system planning, and I am sure that pre-flight management will be as well catered for as in-flight functionality (BBS has the best bus manager to date).

Many thanks, team.

• Upvote 2

I’ve been putting off my flying until they come out. I can’t wait to be in the virtual skies again. Tell the team thank you for working so hard to get the plane in the air!

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am worried about some ShowStopper issues but there was one important step done today, we started testing installers...

image.png

It's a shame we don't have worried button as well as a like and upvote button as I would have clicked like/upvote as well as worried about your showstopper comment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just curious, is Holgi still painting the Aerosoft Airbus? Another question for Mathijs, will Holgi's earlier creations be converted to the "Professional" format?

Thanks, Darryl

vor 19 Minuten, AA777-200ER sagte:

Just curious, is Holgi still painting the Aerosoft Airbus? Another question for Mathijs, will Holgi's earlier creations be converted to the "Professional" format?

Thanks, Darryl

Yes it's the same paintkit. Every livery available now will be functional with the new bus

• Upvote 1

These screenshots are teasing me harder than my girlfriend.

I need this bus.

Seriously though, this looks better and better every day, so pumped guys! Go at your own pace, don't feel pressured into releasing something that you feel is unfinished.

You got this!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Flavio1 said:

Testing installer means ... deadline is close :)

Well it means we got files to install, lol. And these days testing installers is scheduled for 18 hours of serious work. 

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well it means we got files to install, lol. And these days testing installers is scheduled for 18 hours of serious work. 

If you don't mind explaining to a layman, what is it about installers that gives them such a large work frame time-wise?

3 minutes ago, mopperle said:

You always have to test in various environments, like language, operating system, different locations where P3D is installed, fancy usernames etc...

and this is more time consuming then you expect. ;)

Ah that makes sense, it never even occurred to me how many factors come into play with even something as 'simple' as an installer.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not sure if we ever showed you this:

image.png

If you hear the door chime you check the door cam to see who is buzzing. When it is good folk you open the door. 

If there nobody it shows like this:

image.png

Is this feature and video switch in the real aircraft? i cant seem to find any pictures of it online

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

When it is good folk you open the door. 

How do you know when it's not good folk?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Hampe2356 said:

Is this feature and video switch in the real aircraft? i cant seem to find any pictures of it online

Yes, certainly. All newer Airbusses have the cameras moved to the ECAM instead of seperate screens.

The switching available depends a lot, there are many different versions and some airlines use this, others use that.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Yes, certainly. All newer Airbusses have the cameras moved to the ECAM instead of seperate screens.

The switching available depends a lot, there are many different versions and some airlines use this, others use that.

Thank you!!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

When it is good folk you open the door. 

Except the door wil not open and you only get to hear the flight attendant (which is understandable as it would require modelling a cabin)

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am worried about some ShowStopper issues but there was one important step done today, we started testing installers...

image.png

Anything on the showstoppers you can tell us - and how worried is worried?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not sure if we ever showed you this:

image.png

If you hear the door chime you check the door cam to see who is buzzing. When it is good folk you open the door. 

If there nobody it shows like this:

image.png

I am sure eventually someone will edit that pic to put Samara from The Ring, or Kayako from The Grudge at the door. Or perhaps Gandalf The Grey. 

• Upvote 3