Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post
6 hours ago, Hanse said:

This is already an option in the current version and also will be implemented in the Professional" version - in the settings MCDU / Options/ Sound you will find the option to switch on "CABIN CREW". Then you will get all the announcements during the whole flight......

Regards,

Rolf

I think what they want is a system where we can put Custom Announcements. Not generic but specifically tailored to each airline, maybe by reading the IATA/ICAO Code on the livery.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Ahhh that is really something we feel really strong about.  The hobby is to fly aircraft and not to maintain 42 bits of software that might and might not work together. We are even considering a product that contains one of the busses and three Mega airports. It would really work well for people with limited time who want to install the sim and one add-on.  Problem is of course the price. It is easier to buy 4 products over 2 months then 1 far more expensive one.

And yes, I got a wife who handles our finances. 

I think if you made a bundle with a discount for all products, then advertised that discount, you would get lots of customers.  People like to see the 'value' they are getting over a single product.  Also, if you let customers pick and chose which professional airports that want, that would also encourage more sales.  Someone in Germany may want a different mix of airports as compared to a person residing in the British Isles. An American may only want airports he is familiar with like Frankfurt, London and Paris.     

• Upvote 1

vor 3 Stunden , CheapCharlie sagte:

The present Airbus is correct to the CEO versions.  They use a halogen type lamp that is very bright and provides a nearly white light.

If those are halogen lamps why can they be turned on instantly like LEDs? Halogen lamps dont have that characteristic because they are incandescent lamps with a tungsten filament. A "warm-up" is needed for the lamp to show its full light potential.

vor 4 Stunden , CheapCharlie sagte:

The yellowish light you are accustomed to happens when the plastic lenses become cloudy and yellow with age.  Most airlines like us change them long before they get to that condition.

Actually you can see the yellowish light already from the beginning. And seems like that the airline in the following video doesnt has a problem with that like several other airlines seen in other videos. A factory new A320: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vicpn5fP6Y0

Do you have any forecast regarding release date? Will FSX manage this new Airbus version?

• Downvote 7

15 minutes ago, Akki said:

Do you have any forecast regarding release date? Will FSX manage this new Airbus version?

Please read a few pages back. Both questions have been answered multiple times in the last few days.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, generale84 said:

about AOC Uplink, can it recognize FPL loaded on Ivap and load it on MCDU?

Not yet. Probably an SP item. 

6 hours ago, Patrick Almeida Helzer said:

If those are halogen lamps why can they be turned on instantly like LEDs? Halogen lamps dont have that characteristic because they are incandescent lamps with a tungsten filament. A "warm-up" is needed for the lamp to show its full light potential.

Actually you can see the yellowish light already from the beginning. And seems like that the airline in the following video doesnt has a problem with that like several other airlines seen in other videos. A factory new A320: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vicpn5fP6Y0

We learned the hard way NEVER to trust colors on a YT video unless there is a element that we know the exact color off so we can color reference. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

I think what they want is a system where we can put Custom Announcements. Not generic but specifically tailored to each airline, maybe by reading the IATA/ICAO Code on the livery.

It would be nice if there was a system whereby the aircraft would recognise if there was a custom sound for the safety video. IE so that someone could 1) go on YouTube. 2) Download your favourite safety video. 3) Cut the video and converto to the .wav file (I think that is the correct format). 4) Paste it into the texture (or sound file?) and have the aircraft recognise it and play it instead of the default one. 

Unfortunately I assume that is probably quite complicated to setup - I'm certainly not one to try and delete/replace default files.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ZK-NZE said:

It would be nice if there was a system whereby the aircraft would recognise if there was a custom sound for the safety video. IE so that someone could 1) go on YouTube. 2) Download your favourite safety video. 3) Cut the video and converto to the .wav file (I think that is the correct format). 4) Paste it into the texture (or sound file?) and have the aircraft recognise it and play it instead of the default one. 

Unfortunately I assume that is probably quite complicated to setup - I'm certainly not one to try and delete/replace default files.

There is, and there is a payware and freeware product available for doing this. I'm about to leave for Vegzs, so PM me about this so I won't forget and I'll give you a link when I return. Alternatively you could Google this yourself, which is what I will do upon my return.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ZK-NZE said:

Sorry, at this moment that is too complex and error prone. I'll add it as a suggestion for SP2.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

I don't think that something like that will ever happen. Especially as replacing the default file is most definitely not rocket science:

• backup the file: Simulator Base Folder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Sound_ASC\ASC_CC_Safety.wav
  • rename your downloaded file to: ASC_CC_Safety.wav
  • and copy it into: Simulator Base Folder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Sound_ASC\

Please note: this is the folder structure for the current buses. The professional buses will use a different folder structure, but the principle will stay the same.

Check this: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/865-voice-sets/

vor 3 Stunden , Tom A320 sagte:

I don't think that something like that will ever happen. Especially as replacing the default file is most definitely not rocket science:

• backup the file: Simulator Base Folder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Sound_ASC\ASC_CC_Safety.wav
  • and copy it into: Simulator Base Folder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Sound_ASC\

Please note: this is the folder structure for the current buses. The professional buses will use a different folder structure, but the principle will stay the same.

And where do we activate the sound file in the Airbus?

It starts automatically as long as you have the crews announcements enabled. 

Dave, Some of us have to visit our mother in law's this weekend and can not get to Vegas so write good reports for the less fortunate .

JeffG

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jeffg said:

Dave, Some of us have to visit our mother in law's this weekend and can not get to Vegas so write good reports for the less fortunate .

JeffG

Amen to that! :)

17 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There is, and there is a payware and freeware product available for doing this. I'm about to leave for Vegzs, so PM me about this so I won't forget and I'll give you a link when I return. Alternatively you could Google this yourself, which is what I will do upon my return.

PM sent. Thanks Dave!

17 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Thankyou! I'll try that once the Professional bus is released. 

15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, at this moment that is too complex and error prone. I'll add it as a suggestion for SP2.

Thankyou Mathijs, that is much appreciated. I love how responsive Aerosoft is. :D

• Upvote 1

Hello Aerosoft,

Is there any release date for A318/319 announced ? The only answer we have is "read this topic", which doesn't tell more about a release than "6 week after February 21st". We are early June and nothing more on this topic. 

Sorry Aerosoft but do you care about your consummers waiting for monthes ? I imagine there's a lot of work but stop lying to keep us waiting. 

Sorry if I missed something on this topic but it has become totaly unreadable because of thousands of useless aswers without moderation (80 pages without any pinned update).

Without any answer from the staff, I will be looking for others A320 providers (flightsim labs already released since August 2017 for your information). And the paying update from P3Dv3 isn't a good commercial, but this isn't the real issue. I'm not sure to be the only one.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 23

3 minutes ago, pierre78 said:

Hello Aerosoft,

Is there any release date for A318/319 announced ? The only answer we have is "read this topic", which doesn't tell more about a release than "6 week after February 21st". We are early June and nothing more on this topic. 

Sorry Aerosoft but do you care about your consummers waiting for monthes ? I imagine there's a lot of work but stop lying to keep us waiting. 

Sorry if I missed something on this topic but it has become totaly unreadable because of thousands of useless aswers without moderation (80 pages without any pinned update).

Without any answer from the staff, I will be looking for others A320 providers (flightsim labs already released since August 2017 for your information). And the paying update from P3Dv3 isn't a good commercial, but this isn't the real issue. I'm not sure to be the only one.

Well everything is your prerogative in the end pierre78, Mathijs posted a few pages back that the release date has been announced and is the 26th of June so about 2 and 1/2 weeks away, hope this information helps you.

3 minutes ago, WatkinTench said:

Well everything is your prerogative in the end pierre78, Mathijs posted a few pages back that the release date has been announced and is the 26th of June so about 2 and 1/2 weeks away, hope this information helps you.

I'm a french customer, with a good english level. But I can't spend my time to read the 80 pages of this topic to find the Mathijs's one. We dont have any readable inofrmations. please pin your staff update thinking of non-english clients, that should be the minimum.

But thank you for your answer, I can continue to increase my 747 experience waiting June 26th.

Release date isn't updated, price isn't updated. We only have the old February 21st pinned post of Mathijs without any update.

Regards

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 14

Hi Pierre78, Glad my answer helped, just to be clear I'm just another eager flyer like yourself, not Aerosoft staff.

I've looked back and you'll find in a post from Mathijis on page #62 if you highlight his post you'll see he states the release is June 26th. so not too long to go now :)

7 minutes ago, pierre78 said:

But I can't spend my time to read the 80 pages of this topic to find the Mathijs's one.

Asking a user to read a few pages back (1-2, NOT ALL!) or using the forum search in the top right corner of every page here is totally legit.

7 minutes ago, pierre78 said:

We dont have any readable inofrmations.

Beside the information you will find when reading a few pages back or use the forum search you might also be interested in these topics:

• Upvote 3