Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post
2 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

If you can run the latest PMDGs you should be able to run our Airbus.

On that note.. allow me to expand on that question, if you will :)

I don't think I have a potato PC in the typical sense of the word. i5 6600k clocked to 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, and a GTX980. The bottleneck, ironically, usually lies with the 4GB VRAM in the GTX980. Now having said that, I can run the FPS-heavy PMDG planes (777 and the new 747) at approx 30fps. I could run the 32bit bus on P3Dv3 slightly higher at around 40-45fps or so.

With this in mind, do you think one can expect performance similar to the heavier PMDG's?

Don't take my post the wrong way - I commend Aerosoft for utilising the new technology to the fullest - I'm just trying to get some "theoretical" benchmark (because a true benchmark would be impossible to predict, I understand that) of what to expect, as I am sure many 4GB VRAM users would be wondering too.

We don't want you to "nerf" the complexity to cater for 4GB, nor are we complaining. We're just curious :) I do have an upgrade planned later this year (1080Ti maybe, not sure yet), but that's still a ways off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Correct! Spoiler 3 did not deploy because the blue hydraulic was out (and that was caused by a electrical issue). So as Emanuel explained we do not simulate failures but the systems have such deep simulation that and incorrect use of systems will cause correct behavior.

You got a free bus, contact me when we released.

Btw, if the spoilers were deployed shouldn't the trust reversers also be active?

Nice looking Bus, the exterior seems improved since the FSX/P3d v3 version.

Darryl 

2 hours ago, AA777-200ER said:

Btw, if the spoilers were deployed shouldn't the trust reversers also be active?

Darryl 

Good eye (very good assessment)!  Speaking generally, it depends on speed, aircraft weight, runway length remaining, etc. Reverses don't have to be used and many flight simmers would be surprised how often they aren't used.

Best wishes!

In honor of the truth, the reverse thrust, we use it, always, what happens is that sometimes, depending on the runway condition, length, etc. is used only in idle reverse, not full reverse. 

With regard to the observation, after an RTO, ground spoilers remain extended until these are retracted ( Disarmed ) manually, regardless of the position of the thrust levers.

7 hours ago, AA777-200ER said:

Darryl 

The shot was taken after the aircraft came to a stop, before I started to taxi again. In that case the reversers were already closed again.

Generally aborted takeoffs are always calculated without the use of reverse thrust (on the actual fly it's still used in most cases of course).

Is BTV an option on the A320ceo/neo or is it just on the bigger planes? That's probably the n1 feature I would love to see on a jet in the sim.

7 hours ago, aktorsyl said:

On that note.. allow me to expand on that question, if you will :)

I don't think I have a potato PC in the typical sense of the word. i5 6600k clocked to 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, and a GTX980. The bottleneck, ironically, usually lies with the 4GB VRAM in the GTX980. Now having said that, I can run the FPS-heavy PMDG planes (777 and the new 747) at approx 30fps. I could run the 32bit bus on P3Dv3 slightly higher at around 40-45fps or so.

With this in mind, do you think one can expect performance similar to the heavier PMDG's?

Don't take my post the wrong way - I commend Aerosoft for utilising the new technology to the fullest - I'm just trying to get some "theoretical" benchmark (because a true benchmark would be impossible to predict, I understand that) of what to expect, as I am sure many 4GB VRAM users would be wondering too.

We don't want you to "nerf" the complexity to cater for 4GB, nor are we complaining. We're just curious :) I do have an upgrade planned later this year (1080Ti maybe, not sure yet), but that's still a ways off.

Well, you can't really speak of the "heavy PMDGs" here anymore. They were heavy on the CPU in FSX times, not so much anymore in P3D times.
By now the limiting value most developers observe has shifted from available CPU power to available VRAM, expecially with P3Dv4.2.

PMDG, using custom night lighting systems, does not use a lot of VRAM in my experience and thus are rather light now, at least in terms of VRAM limit for those of you who do not own an 8GB card.

We haven't done any specific tests comparing fps with PMDG products, purely based on my simming expeirence and flying the beta I would say they are still similar or ours might even have slightly higher fps, but that is always assuming VRAM limits don't kick in.

1 minute ago, Fragged^2 said:

Is BTV an option on the A320ceo/neo or is it just on the bigger planes? That's probably the n1 feature I would love to see on a jet in the sim.

It might be an option on the real plane, but our reference aircraft (both, for the 320 and for the 330) did not have it, so at this point we do not plan to model it.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, 747-400fan said:

What about potato PCs performance? Is this the same level as PMDG or will the frames drop and be low AF? I mean how do you expect it to perform on a mid-aged pc with  an i7 960, 8gb ram and 2gb 750ti for simmers on a budget?

I doubt at this moment you will be able to use the model with RealGlass. Again, this is nothing we can fix and every aircraft with RealGlass will be problematic until the excessive memory use is reduced.  Our aircraft itself is real easy on graphics memory demand. So if needed we can just remove RealGlass and even though 2Gb is at the limit (on my system P3d V4.2 uses 2.8 Gb of VRAM without ANY aircraft) it probably will work.

But always keep in mind what the sim needs first. And this from Lockheed:

image.png

But keep in mind your graphics card is at the lowest level LM requires to use the sim WITHOUT add-ons. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Tremonia1974 said:

is it realistic to say, end of march we will get that big suprise?

Please do not ask (directly or indirectly) for a release date. All information regarding this is given in the first post of this topic as also the follow up pages through regular status updates.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

gerade, Tom A320 sagte:

Please do not ask (directly or indirectly) for a release date. All information regarding this is given in the first post of this topic as also the follow up pages through regular status updates.

i didnt ask for the date, i only want to know is there any idea by the devs when i could be ready, because the informations, that are given, aren't really helpfull. 14 days in between, the meaning of that information is a bit strange. :/

• Downvote 9

What is strange about that? It just means we believe we need two weeks between these two releases.  I am sorry you are unhappy with the way we share information, but it's the best possible. We simply do not know at this moment.

• Upvote 3

vor 14 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

And asking if the devs are ready by the end of march is not asking for a release date?

Please do not just focus on red text lines but also read the text above. 

hmm sorry - but thats that what i haven't expected by aerosoft

• Downvote 3

Hi to everyone, will it be possible in the future to have an option with the buses that ables to remove the pilot/copilot seat  ? Like you can do with the ifly 747 ? 

With the seat removed, it's then possible to move back the vc camera to have a wide view of the cockpit without unzoomig the cam, as i dont'like the wide angle effect of an unzoom. I like having a 1.0 zoom factor of the outside.

Thanks for all your good work ! 

Sorry, not planned, I can see if we can make it transparent when seen from the back.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the quick response !! Yes, it could be a really nice option to make if transparent !

Keep up the good work !

• Upvote 1

On ‎2018‎年‎2‎月‎22‎日 at 7:40 PM, 747-400fan said:

That being said since my internet is a complete potato i was just asking if it would be like airports which work in all v4 versions. I had so many issues to get all my addons to work in v4 that this is why i'm asking sine v4.2 is only two weeks old and the biggest part of development was made during v4 and v4.1. Btw will there be those little features like sunshades or wwindows on the a330 that makes us simmers smile? I know the a32x does but I'm not sure about the a330

We have been waiting too long, we have been flying PMDG747 \ 777 \ 737, want to fly to Airbus can only return to P3DV3 using AS318-321.
              The forum here, I see a lot of flying friends have different ideas, but the managers one by one rejected, seems to be a quarrel place, why flying friends will be ironic, I think because they wait too long.
              Why not learn PMDG, PMDG747, 777, 737 are in line with v4 in a very short time after P3D upgrade to v4. Why can not we do AS318-321? v4 almost a year now, everyone is not satisfied. It is not necessary to think that Apple is as mysterious as releasing new products. I know that those flying friends are still very supportive of your team, and look forward to see AS Airbus AS318-321 at least before us 

very sorry

• Like 2
  • Downvote 17

27 minutes ago, zhensanmao said:

We have been waiting too long, we have been flying PMDG747 \ 777 \ 737, want to fly to Airbus can only return to P3DV3 using AS318-321.
              The forum here, I see a lot of flying friends have different ideas, but the managers one by one rejected, seems to be a quarrel place, why flying friends will be ironic, I think because they wait too long.
              Why not learn PMDG, PMDG747, 777, 737 are in line with v4 in a very short time after P3D upgrade to v4. Why can not we do AS318-321? v4 almost a year now, everyone is not satisfied. It is not necessary to think that Apple is as mysterious as releasing new products. I know that those flying friends are still very supportive of your team, and look forward to see AS Airbus AS318-321 at least before us 

very sorry

Have you even read the post STICKIED at the top of EVERY page..?

Do you undersrand the difference between an update and an (almost) complete new product?

everything has been explained by the devs and is on the top of every page to easily find and read. 

If you don’t like it that is your right, but you can either wait patiently, or go fly something else like you say, but not complain and whine like a little boy, specially when you have not even taken the time to read what was explained numerous times. 

There is nothing “mysterious” about this. In fact it is quite the oposite. I have not seen any dev share as much and as frequently as Arerosoft is doing (others like for example pmdg pretty much insult you when you ask about progress).  It’s not magic, it takes time...

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 7

vor 11 Minuten, walterg74 sagte:

Have you even read the post STICKIED at the top of EVERY page..?

Do you undersrand the difference between an update and an (almost) complete new product?

everything has been explained by the devs and is on the top of every page to easily find and read. 

If you don’t like it that is your right, but you can either wait patiently, or go fly something else like you say, but not complain and whine like a little boy, specially when you have not even taken the time to read what was explained numerous times. 

There is nothing “mysterious” about this. In fact it is quite the oposite. I have not seen any dev share as much and as frequently as Arerosoft is doing (others like for example pmdg pretty much insult you when you ask about progress).  It’s not magic, it takes time...

Of course,it´s not what you say, but how you say it. ;)

• Downvote 1

On ‎2018‎年‎2‎月‎22‎日 at 7:40 PM, 747-400fan said:

That being said since my internet is a complete potato i was just asking if it would be like airports which work in all v4 versions. I had so many issues to get all my addons to work in v4 that this is why i'm asking sine v4.2 is only two weeks old and the biggest part of development was made during v4 and v4.1. Btw will there be those little features like sunshades or wwindows on the a330 that makes us simmers smile? I know the a32x does but I'm not sure about the a330

You should understand the way we wait because it is a year after all

• Like 2
  • Downvote 4