Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post
On 3.5.2018 at 20:02, Trevor Graupeter sagte:

Hello, one question. Will the lights turn on like in the FSLabs A320? Like that they are not instantly on, so they kinda fade?

On 4.5.2018 at 09:47, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes, and we model more lights than FSLabs did.

Wait, does that mean that we will be able to choose between older lights and LED lights regarding the landing lights, taxi lights, RWY turn off lights? Because LED lights do not "fade". They are instantly on or off. Trevor is talking about a feature which you can only see with older lights.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

Nice EGT ;) 

First one to spot it. Congrats. ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Almeida Helzer said:

Wait, does that mean that we will be able to choose between older lights and LED

No, you can not. We have the new LED lights but unfortunately the outside model shows the old lightbulbs to stay compatible with existing liveries. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Sunny Andonov said:

Either the guy is very excited about the release date approaching, as I also am :) or he lives 2 days ahead of us :lol:

Yes it is 22 days, my excuse for the typo is that I've been working 4 12 hours shifts on nights, I was a tad tired I think. sorry.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, eaim said:

Yes it is 22 days, my excuse for the typo is that I've been working 4 12 hours shifts on nights, I was a tad tired I think. sorry.

Nothing to sorry about man, mistakes happen. In the end we are all here for the same reason - the Aerosoft Airbus :)

Cheers

• Upvote 2

On 6/3/2018 at 11:20 AM, Frank Docter said:

Do not forget that this was already done way back with the AS Katana 4x. It even had a fly flying in the cockpit that could be smashed. Both features could find their way into the AS Airbus series.

#AlreadydonebyAS‘ed ;)

Yes please! And if you're flying out of a tropical country make that fly become a malaria or zika infected mosquito which you must squash before you hit cruise altitude or else you'll loose your automatic copilot to fever and have to land with all the workload over your shoulders. :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

vor 4 Stunden , Frank Docter sagte:

No, you can not. We have the new LED lights but unfortunately the outside model shows the old lightbulbs to stay compatible with existing liveries. 

Ok

12 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

So that everyone understands, the stream in question was NOT my stream (and I don't know who's stream it was). I've been streaming Aerosoft Beta products (and those from many other developers) for many, many years.  I don't drink, and I don't smoke cigarettes, but I'm not about to find fault with those who do sp on their personal streams.

My stream is centered around adults, though anyone is welcome.  My stream also includes the voice server for the private group I belong to (the average length of time in flight simulation is roughly 30 years for our members), and the language at times can be a bit colorful and there is often a lot of kidding around, but it is all intended to be in good fun and when a viewer has a question we're happy to answer it (if we're able to).  Our streams of Beta products are strictly product demonstrations. Beta testing is performed OFFLINE and is often very boring work that others wouldn't want to see anyway.

The viewers we've had join us seem to have enjoyed the stream and seeing the products very much, and I'm always happy to answer any product questions they have (so long as I'm able to).  We love Aerosoft customers (present and future) to participate and with only a few exceptions all the viewers have been terrific. Just a word though, we maintain a zero troll tolerance and have no problem with banning someone (and I HATE doing this, I really, REALLY do) who's real motive is to be disruptive.  Trolls not only take away from the stream, but other viewers enjoyment and participation.  Banning from my stream also includes banning them from the Annual Flight Sim Web Conference (we're coming up on our 4th annual conference) where we're joined by leading flight sim developers, host first ever looks at upcoming products, includes many terrific product giveaways, and averages 5000 participants each year.  Of course Aerosoft is our primary sponsor and there is NOBODY better or that we enjoy having on each year than Mathijs.

If you're interested, you can watch the stream at www.twtich.tv/ovpa or https://www.youtube.com/onlinevirtualpilotsassociation. Note please that we're getting ready for the Las Vegas Flight Sim Expo so please don't expect too much streaming until after that, and even then it's only a few times per week due to product beta testing.  NOTE:  The Aerosoft Airbus is going through changes all the time, so watching past videos won't give you the best look at the product. The best thing to do is to Follow the stream to received notifications of our Live Streams.

Please remember that streams of other Beta Testers are their personal streams, and while they are demonstrating an upcoming product the stream is not affiliated with Aerosoft.

Best wishes my friends!

Sorry Dave, I did not wish to imply that this was your stream that I took issue with. I have watched several of your streams and have nothing but respect for you and your co-streamers at OVPA. 

Best wishes,

ZK-NZE

• Upvote 2

On 6/3/2018 at 8:33 PM, itaylevi16 said:

I mean the sound like safety video for example, this sound I have never heard in the old Airbus and I would like to hear this sounds like the safety video in A320 cockpit.

There is a third-party software available for that and it will give u exactly what u want. 

Hi guys, on the second screen we can see an ice indicator. Is work of that item simulated?

vor 1 hour , brtkstn sagte:

Hi guys, on the second screen we can see an ice indicator. Is work of that item simulated?

You mean that metal rod outside between the front windows? That can be switched ON/OFF and will radiate in its typical greenish color....

• Upvote 3

On 3.6.2018 at 18:27, itaylevi16 sagte:

Is there plans to add Cabin Announcements to the Airbus Professional like QWPAS of the QualityWings 787 or like what FSLabs did ??? 

This is already an option in the current version and also will be implemented in the Professional" version - in the settings MCDU / Options/ Sound you will find the option to switch on "CABIN CREW". Then you will get all the announcements during the whole flight......

Regards,

Rolf

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It's something we always had in mind, you do not need a specific weather add-on to get a weather radar, you do not need add-ons to have checklists read, no need for FSUIPC, we include a complete copy of RAAS from FS2Crew etc. It's a very complete project in these aspects. 

And a very attractive feature, too - not only for economic value, but also for ease of use.  I've reached a point where I don't want to deal with a half-dozen add-ons competing for system resources and tripping over each other.  I'd much rather keep things simple and straightforward.  So thanks for that.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are even considering a product that contains one of the busses and three Mega airports. It would really work well for people with limited time who want to install the sim and one add-on. 

I'd think seriously about that.  I've been simming for more than 30 years and over that time I've probably used every add-on in creation, but my time is limited and so is my appetite for rigamarole.  A lot of my flying is repetitive between just a couple of city pairs, so a stripped-down install covering that and nothing more seems very attractive.  Granted, it's dangerous to listen to a one-person focus group, but take it for whatever it's worth.

I;ll talk to Orbx because if we have a product that also adds that we are more or less done. The weather add-ons right now do not impress me a lot. At shows people always ask us what add-on we use to show  that weather and it is always a standard P3D weather theme.

• Upvote 1

Weather is the one area where I'm still reliant on add-ons - but that might be because I'm sort of a weather junkie.  I keep track of my local weather and like flying in it - to the point where I mostly fly locally and not in more interesting locations.  So, a matter of personal preference.  Active Sky works pretty seamlessly for me.  But I suppose I could get used to native themes and customize them.  

ORBX global is a nice enhancement without much performance impact, so yes, that'd be a nice part of the package.

It would be nice to have AI with real-world airlines but none of the current solutions are all that satisfying (am hopeful for JustFlight's Global Traffic).  Or... maybe just some good static aircraft on the ground so the airports aren't deserted.

Would happily do without all the rest - especially third-party ATC.  For me, native ATC is really the least bad of the not-great options.

Sorry for the off-topic, but you're onto a good and important idea - would be happy to continue the conversation elsewhere if it would be helpful.

On 18.4.2018 at 18:01, Frank Docter sagte:

And yes, the lights are now LED.

Doesnt the old Aerosoft Airbus A320 already has LED lights? I mean if you turn them on they are instantly on, the colour of the light on the taxiway or runway is completely white (not even a litte bit of a yellow colour), the taxi light texture contains blue colours when it is turned on etc. The only difference I can see now in the photos of the Airbus Professional is that more blue colours are added.

1 hour ago, Patrick Almeida Helzer said:

Doesnt the old Aerosoft Airbus A320 already has LED lights? I mean if you turn them on they are instantly on, the colour of the light on the taxiway or runway is completely white (not even a litte bit of a yellow colour), the taxi light texture contains blue colours when it is turned on etc. The only difference I can see now in the photos of the Airbus Professional is that more blue colours are added.

The present Airbus is correct to the CEO versions.  They use a halogen type lamp that is very bright and provides a nearly white light.  The yellowish light you are accustomed to happens when the plastic lenses become cloudy and yellow with age.  Most airlines like us change them long before they get to that condition.   

• Upvote 4