Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post

And in reference to my earlier comment, the EU140 I paid comes to $AU215, which is not chicken-feed.  As the other Bus remains uninstallable, it is a WOFTAM in Australian argot.  I understand this is buyer beware, but you can be certain I will not outlay another dollar with that company.

And I rightly feel angry.

Still about 23 days to go.

2 minutes ago, macca22au said:

EU140 I paid comes to $AU215

Gotta love EUR-AUD conversion rates...:lol:

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Cladiir said:

Gotta love EUR-AUD conversion rates...:lol:

Ahh... Gotta love first world problems...

Try the EUR-ARS (Argentinian Peso) conversion, at ~29 to 1...

• Upvote 1

Just now, walterg74 said:

Ahh... Gotta love first world problems...

Try the EUR-ARS (Argentinian Peso) conversion, at ~29 to 1...

Oh god, that sounds awful...

Just now, Cladiir said:

Oh god, that sounds awful...

Lol it is! :ph34r:

So I was looking through PFPX and getting my A330 profile ready when I saw there was an A330-343 with the RR772B engines and a -342 with just the RR772 engines. Apologies if this has been answered before, but what variant is Aerosoft simulating? I could only find Mathijs saying the A333 with the RR engines. Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, ColH said:

Thank you for the reply. I do understand that this has to be cost effective, but I wonder what percentage of simmers have changed to P3Dv.4.2. I have been flight simming since 1998, and know that the world moves on. I am of the opinion (unsubstantiated with figures) that there are still a vast amount of people still on FSX/FSX.SE who would like to fly the "new" AS Airbus. Please don't abandon us too soon.

Regards to all.

Noting there are always exceptions, if (and it's a BIG "IF") we had to categorize FSX/P3D users, there would be those who make at least one flight per week and those who only occasionally make a flight.

I'd have to say that the a great many of those who fly regularly have already updated to P3Dv4, and as someone who's performed FSX/P3D technical support for a very long time I can say without any hesitation that the performance and immersion of P3Dv4 is significant to that of FSX.  In other words, if you're in the category of being more than an occasional user then upgrading one's system to run P3Dv4 is really a no brainer.. Sure, there is likely some cost involved, but you'll be VERY happy you made the move.

To answer your question more directly, people are still moving to P3Dv4 has their budgets allow, and in my opinion FSX has already been relegated to being a nice entry level flight sim or of course a good flight sim for those who aren't able to upgrade (and for these valued people, there is already a TERRIFIC Aerosoft Airbus).

Please do not take this to be any indication of what Aerosoft will do regarding future Airbuses for 32-bit.  That decision will be made at some point in the future and is based on many different factors.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the response. Yes, all very true. For me (like many), it is the cost of purchasing the correct licence for P3D that is the game stopper.

Again, thank you. Regards

9 minutes ago, ColH said:

Thank you for the response. Yes, all very true. For me (like many), it is the cost of purchasing the correct licence for P3D that is the game stopper.

Again, thank you. Regards

Without getting into any debates, it’s  60 bucks. They make it real easy for you...

7 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

A quick forum search for "32bit":

This week we'll release the 32 bit version of the DC-8 and that should give is some idea on the sales potential.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

Do not forget that this was already done way back with the AS Katana 4x. It even had a fly flying in the cockpit that could be smashed. Both features could find their way into the AS Airbus series.

#AlreadydonebyAS‘ed ;)

Indeed. Often it seems people have short memories. In 2004 we had a Super Cub that had realistic oil use and where you had to fill it with oil (even special summer and winter versions of the oil). In 2009 we had the Twin Otter with a very complex icing module (the Twotter often flies in icing condition and has limited de-icing systems).  etc etc... 

• Upvote 2

Is there plans to add Cabin Announcements to the Airbus Professional like QWPAS of the QualityWings 787 or like what FSLabs did ??? 

• Downvote 3

57 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It should be very easy (remember we have rain and st Elmo's fire on the windscreen already) and we'll consider it. But that's really an SP2 issue.

elmo.gif

ST elmo? Didn't know that. Might be useful for when flying dat 320 in the carribean in june, the 26th more precisely...(coulfn't resist for the gif lol)

Now I didn't understand if the sun shades were modeled or not. Maybe Stefan or Mathijs knows

Aerosoft Airbus have already this features before QW787 and FSLabs was created...;)

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

You mean like the Aerosoft buses already have for a couple of years?

I mean the sound like safety video for example, this sound I have never heard in the old Airbus and I would like to hear this sounds like the safety video in A320 cockpit.

• Downvote 2

Aerosoft Airbus have already Safety Video audio...I suppose you what a typical airline safety (eg. DLH safety, etc.)

I think that a rename of audio file with audio track you what could be the solution.

• Upvote 1

Good evening

Will the new Airbus have the great aerosoft flight recorder ?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, zhapata said:

Good evening

Will the new Airbus have the great aerosoft flight recorder ?

Thanks

Yes sir.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Keep in mind that Lockheed always said that the educational version is intended for people like you. People who consider themselves students of simulations. Now that version is $49 and they tend to do a new version every two years. So it comes down to around $2 a month. I think that super cheap for one of the best simulators around.

I am very pleasantly surprised by your reply Mathijs. I am not a student of any kind, but according to the grid shown on the LM website, I would have to pay 199USD. This equates to approx £150!. Quite a lot for a flightsim programme. I would be delighted to pay 60 USD and still be "legal" regarding the licence. If you are correct, I would be very happy to upgrade to P3Dv4.2 very soon.

I will have to look into this a little closer. I wonder how many others are in the same situation?.

Regards.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, ColH said:

I wonder how many others are in the same situation?.

This is not the place to start discussing the P3D licensing. What Mathijs said is valid and let‘s leave it at that.  

Good luck with installing P3D V4!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2.6.2018 at 20:10, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Totally outdated and deleted. 

What a pity..  Just because it was outdated doesnt mean it was trash. Im sure there were several very good and interesting discussions in those threads and I was searching for one and now that :(

If it doesnt bother you why delete it?

• Upvote 1