Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Recommended Posts

Important Post
Normal Post
6 hours ago, generale84 said:

 

Stunning...more "PPPSSHHHH...TUC" tests !!!! :D

 

Yes but only the first stage, so you will not be able to take the mask out and test it fully. It will be many years before any company simulates that.

I think that is 'industry standard' at this moment.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 747-400fan said:

 Is there a german accent for the copilot? (practical for LH flights (3/4 of mine are done with their glorious old livery so interesting even though I'm french and not german).

 

Yes, we will have a German accented PM and a German accented Ground staff.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great explanation, and it is not your fault that I have $140 of unusable aircraft.

 

Hence my impatience as the days tick away until the 26th.  And Walterg, that clip is very funny.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

I was today notified by some friends that there were (now deleted) posts in Reddit that stated that we were in any way involved in the most recent commotion around FSL. It was stated that we might be one of the forces behind the new accusations. 

 

Now to defend FSL, I fully believe them when they say the files in question are part of the eSellerate system. We tried that one time and very quickly decided that a protection system that drops files in the system folders is bad. We had 12% of customers who could not install it and we support increased with 240%. Angry customers. Customers who paid and could not use what they bought. That experience made us decide not to use online protection. You pay and you can install as often as you want on any of your systems. Will this mean there are hacked copies around? Sure. But I rather have ten pirates then one paying customer with problems. Just a difference in thinking about things.

 

But the idea that we are in any way partly behind this is laughable. We have explained at least 50 times that the products differ so much they hardly overlap. Not only in price, or feature, or coverage, but also in idea. I have written many times that if people want to experiment with systems the FSL bus is much better suited. If somebody wants to find out what happens if you ignore all icing warnings, you should NOT buy our bus. Mainly because we really do not care to be honest.

 

It is clear there is no love lost between Aerosoft (or more precise me) and FSL. After they included major parts of the VC that were ripped from our model (all solved, all parts that violated our rights have been replaced, we are 100% happy with way it was solved) it is obvious there is still friction. On a fully personal note, I was one of the persons that got malware installed by an FSL installer and reported that to the local police (and adventure on its own).  So it is clear things are not like they are between for example PMDG and Aerosoft for example.  

 

However I like to to on record and state we are in no way involved. We are just (amused) readers of the reddit (and others) treads. To be honest, FSL seem fully capable of digging their own holes and they do not need any help from us. We kindly ask anybody who feels the need to post anything involving (defending) Aerosoft to have a drink and spend that energy elsewhere. We really like to stay out of this fight. It does not involve us, we are not part of it and it is 100% offtopic here.

 

And that's why Aerosoft will always be #1 in my book. I will continue to wait patiently, and I applaud everyone's hard work on this project!~ :) <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of us that have older systems, but are keen to fly the new AS Airbus, is it possible please to know when the decision will be made about the FSX version?.

Regards to all on the dev team.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ColH said:

For those of us that have older systems, but are keen to fly the new AS Airbus, is it possible please to know when the decision will be made about the FSX version?.

 

A quick forum search for "32bit":

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CheapCharlie said:

When the FS Labs DRM/Malware scandal first broke out, Mathijs said, 'Reputations are gained with a walk, while the are lost in a gallop.'  If these aren't his exact words, correct me please.   But basically that is what is happening to FS Labs riight now.  This file FS Labs inserted may be a simple benign Activation File.  But when the story of test.exe file first broke out, they lied about its true intent.  It wasn't until a week of condemnation across they Internet they explained its true purpose.  Even then they tried to dismiss the uproar and explain it away by saying it's intent was to catch a would be Pirate in an unknown jurisdiction.  That destroyed their trust with community with gallop.  Now anytime a suspicious file arises, no matter how innocent, nobody trusts the word from FS Labs' people.  They only have themselves to blame.  Finally, FS Labs claims they need these vindictive measures to curb piracy and prevent lost sales.  If that is the case, all piracy of FS Labs products should have been long eliminated.  Yet simple Google search show otherwise.  Meanwhile, a quick search of Reddit and other social media shows legions of angry customers getting refunds, chargeback etc.  I wonder how many legitimate sales they lost with their actions implementing a so-called 'DRM,'  Could it be in the hundreds?  The sad thing is that those sales are lost forever.    

 

On the other hand, on this board Mathijis has been honest from Day 1 about the new bus, its features and possible release dates.  He has been honest and upfront about the delays and never made excuses.  He just states the facts.  Sure he faced the wrath of angry buyers, but he always was professional and truthful.  His reputation has been walking for a long time in the right direction.  A lot of business, not just in software, could learn from this approach.        

 

 

My opinion is the same. I have come to appreciate Mathijs communication style since the days of roaming the forum of LAGO. Always very down to earth, to the point, honest and fair. Good reputation can be marred in a flash. Visiting some news comments sections we see a lot of anger towards AS but as long as their complaints keep being about "release delays", I think that means their reputation is very good. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How about the integration of bug splatters, like FSL want to do it? I think it is a nice idea and a everyday occurrences on an Aircraft in most Seasons. Is it possible?

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, *Bastian* said:

How about the integration of bug splatters, like with FSL want to do it? I think it is a nice idea and a everyday occurrences on an Aircraft in most Seasons. Is it possible?


 

 

Weather effects on the windscreen is real immersion, IMO bug splatters is a gimmick.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the reply. I do understand that this has to be cost effective, but I wonder what percentage of simmers have changed to P3Dv.4.2. I have been flight simming since 1998, and know that the world moves on. I am of the opinion (unsubstantiated with figures) that there are still a vast amount of people still on FSX/FSX.SE who would like to fly the "new" AS Airbus. Please don't abandon us too soon.

Regards to all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, *Bastian* said:

Of course, but a nice gimmick.

But a gimmick nevertheless, all these small gimmicks add up to lost FPS, important for immersion and can be critical for people using less powerful PC's.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a bit unhappy over the 140€ spent on the other airbus, because of all this talks again coming to live.

 

Also since for whatever reason I wast eligible for their „refund“ when they actually offered them, I can only buy one of the new packages by aerosoft once they are released :/ 

but I am happy that I finally get to enjoy a good Airbus series again in june/July :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, *Bastian* said:

How about the integration of bug splatters, like FSL want to do it? I think it is a nice idea and a everyday occurrences on an Aircraft in most Seasons. Is it possible?


 

 

 

Do not forget that this was already done way back with the AS Katana 4x. It even had a fly flying in the cockpit that could be smashed. Both features could find their way into the AS Airbus series.

 

#AlreadydonebyAS‘ed ;)

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, *Bastian* said:

How about the integration of bug splatters, like FSL want to do it? I think it is a nice idea and a everyday occurrences on an Aircraft in most Seasons. Is it possible?

 

wow, are they really that desperate with the immersion thingy that they have to go to bug splatters now?

FSL always liked to steal from other companys, Aerosofts models, PMDGs code (ever wondered why the same initialisation windows show in the FSL airbus as they did in the PMDG 747 and MD-11?) and now they even steal the idea of the immersion thing?

 

FSL is a joke, can't they for once in a lifetime do something really innovative instead of just copying old ideas of other companies and sell them as new?

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

I was today notified by some friends that there were (now deleted) posts in Reddit that stated that we were in any way involved in the most recent commotion around FSL. It was stated that we might be one of the forces behind the new accusations. 

 

Now to defend FSL, I fully believe them when they say the files in question are part of the eSellerate system. We tried that one time and very quickly decided that a protection system that drops files in the system folders is bad. We had 12% of customers who could not install it and we support increased with 240%. Angry customers. Customers who paid and could not use what they bought. That experience made us decide not to use online protection. You pay and you can install as often as you want on any of your systems. Will this mean there are hacked copies around? Sure. But I rather have ten pirates then one paying customer with problems. Just a difference in thinking about things.

 

But the idea that we are in any way partly behind this is laughable. We have explained at least 50 times that the products differ so much they hardly overlap. Not only in price, or feature, or coverage, but also in idea. I have written many times that if people want to experiment with systems the FSL bus is much better suited. If somebody wants to find out what happens if you ignore all icing warnings, you should NOT buy our bus. Mainly because we really do not care to be honest.

 

It is clear there is no love lost between Aerosoft (or more precise me) and FSL. After they included major parts of the VC that were ripped from our model (all solved, all parts that violated our rights have been replaced, we are 100% happy with way it was solved) it is obvious there is still friction. On a fully personal note, I was one of the persons that got malware installed by an FSL installer and reported that to the local police (and adventure on its own).  So it is clear things are not like they are between for example PMDG and Aerosoft for example.  

 

However I like to to on record and state we are in no way involved. We are just (amused) readers of the reddit (and others) treads. To be honest, FSL seem fully capable of digging their own holes and they do not need any help from us. We kindly ask anybody who feels the need to post anything involving (defending) Aerosoft to have a drink and spend that energy elsewhere. We really like to stay out of this fight. It does not involve us, we are not part of it and it is 100% offtopic here.

 

 

That's why I love Aerosoft.

Thank you Math!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

A very good question! It's an issue we spend many weeks discussing over.

 

As you know we totally focus on the day to day flying of these aircraft and do not really care about emergencies or issues that happen once in many tens of thousands of hours. We focus on the things that happen every single flight as we feel that is what flightsimming is about. We do not want to simulate the simulated flights pilots do to train for emergencies. Most certainly not on a single person cockpit because if there is one thing that is totally unrealistic it has to be flying an A320 on your own. It's illegal. So in that aspect things are very much the same. You still get Connected Flight Deck, you still get the semi intelligent co-pilot to 'simulate' another person on the flight Deck. 

 

What has changed is a lot behind the scenes. As a holiday simpilot you will most likely never notice we simulate the temperature of the fuel or the way systems demand more electricity. You might also not see the huge amount of work on the weather radar (by far the most advanced in any fs add-on to date). Or the fact the MCDU is much more complete (as far as we know the most complete Airbus one to date). You will see things like the on board printer that prints out bits of information you will need (loadsheets, weather etc). EVERY Airbus pilot uses these every single flight and they have never been simulated. And yes, if you extend the tray table we'll also simulated you getting some coffee. Because pilots like coffee and the whole procedure of securing the access to the flight deck with camera's and locks is rather interesting and it happens every flight

 

We do not care a lot about an APU fire (because it never happened), we do not care about a single engine failure combined with an unconscious co-pilot because it never happened. We do not care about a dual engine failure (and forgetting about the unconscious co-pilot) because it happened one time in over 200.000.000 hours of A320 series blocktime. Or we could say we HAVE included it ultra realistic, if it did not happen to you in let's say the first 100.000 hours of use we'll refund the product totally. That's still means you will have that emergency a whopping 2000 times more often then a real pilot, but hey, we'll refund!

 

In the end, flying our new bus will be very much like the previous version. You will see we simulated the first flight of the day a lot better (with all checks etc) and if you really know the systems you will see that the data shown is far more correct (yesterday I landed at the equator, using a very steep descend from a very cold layer to see how the fuel temp behaved!). And of course it looks a lot better. 20 dimmable lights, rain on the windshield etc.

Thank you so much for this reply Mr Kok!!! Also thank you to you who took the time to reply before. 

 

Looking forward to the release later this month, and in the meantime enjoying the Aerosoft CRJ 900, as well as a bunch of new airports from the AS Professional series.

 

Best regards

 

Jan Jönsson

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

I was today notified by some friends that there were (now deleted) posts in Reddit that stated that we were in any way involved in the most recent commotion around FSL. It was stated that we might be one of the forces behind the new accusations. 

 

Now to defend FSL, I fully believe them when they say the files in question are part of the eSellerate system. We tried that one time and very quickly decided that a protection system that drops files in the system folders is bad. We had 12% of customers who could not install it and we support increased with 240%. Angry customers. Customers who paid and could not use what they bought. That experience made us decide not to use online protection. You pay and you can install as often as you want on any of your systems. Will this mean there are hacked copies around? Sure. But I rather have ten pirates then one paying customer with problems. Just a difference in thinking about things.

 

But the idea that we are in any way partly behind this is laughable. We have explained at least 50 times that the products differ so much they hardly overlap. Not only in price, or feature, or coverage, but also in idea. I have written many times that if people want to experiment with systems the FSL bus is much better suited. If somebody wants to find out what happens if you ignore all icing warnings, you should NOT buy our bus. Mainly because we really do not care to be honest.

 

It is clear there is no love lost between Aerosoft (or more precise me) and FSL. After they included major parts of the VC that were ripped from our model (all solved, all parts that violated our rights have been replaced, we are 100% happy with way it was solved) it is obvious there is still friction. On a fully personal note, I was one of the persons that got malware installed by an FSL installer and reported that to the local police (and adventure on its own).  So it is clear things are not like they are between for example PMDG and Aerosoft for example.  

 

However I like to to on record and state we are in no way involved. We are just (amused) readers of the reddit (and others) treads. To be honest, FSL seem fully capable of digging their own holes and they do not need any help from us. We kindly ask anybody who feels the need to post anything involving (defending) Aerosoft to have a drink and spend that energy elsewhere. We really like to stay out of this fight. It does not involve us, we are not part of it and it is 100% offtopic here.

 

 

Well!

I think, Diogenes has at last found his honest man.

Well done and said, Mathijs.

You and the rest of the AS team keep up the great work.

 

George

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now