Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post

thank you for the hard work you are doing.

I hope to use this Bus asap and I'am sure about the goodness of the product

• Upvote 1

Out of interest, will this new Pro version STILL have the built in assist mode where it simulates a co pilot going through all the checklists and switches being armed or turned off?

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

To the people who complain about our wild idea about showing coffee... we were actually intending to show this:

I'm glad you're not going to - it's missing the crepe!  :D

1 hour ago, bradley27 said:

Out of interest, will this new Pro version STILL have the built in assist mode where it simulates a co pilot going through all the checklists and switches being armed or turned off?

Yes sir!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

When can we see a video of the VC Mathijs.

Thanks you

There have been some live streams in the past by betatesters. Maybe they are still online.

13 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have no interest in training a dual engine failure at the same time as your cockpit partner gets a heart attack. We want to show how it is to fly and Bus. With coffee, with a live copilot.

Please keep going with this idea - which includes a scruffed up cockpit.  Paper coffee cups in cockpits, rock.

• Upvote 2

On 5/8/2018 at 3:11 PM, Tom A320 said:

;) 

Here’s a question just out of curiosity, why did you guys to model the new style cockpit instead of the old one with the round corners of the displays?

Hi, i'm too tired to read the whole article so can someone tell me when these products come? I read somewhere that A319 will be release in 26 June, is it real info? Or if it reads somewhere can you guys tell me the page.. 

Thanks

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 26

Is it like on the maddog X like when you turn things on in a precise order the voice talks even though you can't control it like RAAS? Cuz it's awesome! 

Really wish to get meals on the tables with SP1(why not chicken or pasta question as well lol)

Trueglass seems to work fine with my system(not very complex but yet very good looking)as i only loose 1-2fps with wipers on on the maddog X. However, reallight is a killer, with almost 15 fps under the normals(not cool when you have 15 normally)so I'll just go for the "legacy" lighting. (maybe this confirms what you said about my system having a strong gpu but weak cpu).

• Upvote 1

Hi guys,

A massive applause for the work being done here. Looking forward to seeing all airbus family soon here, by Aerosoft.

A quick question: (Sorry if it was asked before.) Will there be a version of A321LR, or at least, a model with CFM-LEAP?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, alpyeni1 said:

Hi guys,

A massive applause for the work being done here. Looking forward to seeing all airbus family soon here, by Aerosoft.

A quick question: (Sorry if it was asked before.) Will there be a version of A321LR, or at least, a model with CFM-LEAP?

Sorry, NEO is not planned at the moment.

• Upvote 2

Hi guys, I just wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to this! I'm away from my flight machine for a few weeks, so take your time a get a fab Airbus family out here. I've bought the previous stuff from you before and loved it, so I can't wait..! Hope things go well for you guys, there. 

Gaz

On 16.5.2018 at 20:29, Mathijs Kok sagte:

It might be surprising but I don't mind some of the harsh comments. They might piss me off but if they are based on facts I gotta deal with them. I feel a lot of this 'conflict' is not based on the merits (or price) of the product but on how customers perceive the company behind it. We got in aircraft not the best record on on time delivery (though projects like the DC-8 were pretty much on time). The CRJ was just late, we all laughed hard about that we Hans and I eaten our fair share of shit for that. You have never seen Hans or me complain about comments there. We just slugged on and delivered. 

The Bus projects are a bit different. I am not going over the reasons we changed things halfway (A330 > A320 series) or how we added 10 weeks to the schedule to add things customers really wanted (like better lights and rain effects). That has been discussed so often all that could be said is said. If commenters do not want to take that into account and point to a post from early 2016, so be it. I can't force people to read. If they have read it all and do not agree, so be it. 

In the schedule we discussed internally late fall 2017 that resulted in the statement we would release 'early 2018' we always used a late March date. So as project manager I consider myself delivering late by 3 months. Some potential customers who do not know the complete picture will believe we are 18 months late. No serious comments will swade those people to accept my explanation and that's why on many forums and Facebook you read comments that I consider silly.  As facts will not make any change to what these people want to believe I rather ignore them. 

I manage a team of developers who I believe are world class, who do things never done before (think about the most complete MCDU, a weather radar that actually works with ANY weather engine as it is able to read the weather from INSIDE the sim, a  server based connected flight deck, a  semi intelligent co-pilot etc) and who will deliver all of that in a product that contains wo aircraft types in a sub 50 euro product. I stand in front of them and will take any abuse defending them. I get paid to eat shit, they do not.

What I have problems with is defending Aerosoft as a company that is not messing with customers. We believe it is normal that a paying customer should install as often as he wants on his own systems, that there is complete transparency on what is installed where, complete transparency on what is tracked (uhh nothing) and that customers should not pay twice for a file. And of course we promise not to violate laws.  As a publisher we sell products that need online activation and in some markets (like bus add-ons) where piracy is rampant we do try to protect our products. But I am not only the project manager of the busses, I am also the manager of support. And I claim there is no customer who paid for his products that is not able to use them. You pay, you play. If there are people who feel that is not true, just write me at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com.

We have been doing this for 26 years, growing every single year. Our customer satisfaction rating for sales is at around 90%, in support it is about 86% (and that includes all the people who ask for serials without paying). Our average customer bought more than 5 (!) products. 

That's the trueth !!!!! I have bought more than 15 products from Aerosoft . And although I have switched from the AS Bus to the FSlabs I still really apricciate the work AS has done with their Airbusses and I'm really looking forward for the AS A330 which I will defenitly buy because it will be an awesome plane to fly 

Are there also any chances to get into the Beta team of the A330 ??

I really would love to do that.

Greetings Florian

I know that I can ignore this thread now the release date has been released.  However I am hypnotised by the questions that keep on coming, and I can't stop myself checking each day.  Mathijs your patience, coupled with your straight talking, gun-slinging deputy, is a delight to observe.  Maybe you can put the thread on hold for a couple of weeks, while I go get some mind-altering substances to keep me relaxed.

• Upvote 1

I am sure someone asked that question already, but I cant find - Will there be an immersion pack when the busses come out?

thanks

• Upvote 1