Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post

I've removed the article in question and in contact with Mathijs. 

• Upvote 2

I see how this could be damaging to Aerosoft l, I just don’t think it’s a huge deal tbh. FSElite could’ve just fixed the affected shots, rather than pulling the whole post which I presume is due to this. The shots do look quite good though, even if they weren’t right.

Guys, if i may enter my two cents...

Mathijs' would be most concerned because of the many times he has posted what the airbus series embodies. There are many people who have a keep eye for detail and most often than not, those are they who will come here and start flying off the handle.

Therefore, as the manager ,seeing these errors makes him uneasy.. I know I would be... so cut him some slack when you say "its not a big deal". Maybe not to you - but bear in mind he has more than just us as flight enthusiast to cater to.

Thanks again for your dedication team... looking forward to this release.

Regards,

P'Rez

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

I see how this could be damaging to Aerosoft l, I just don’t think it’s a huge deal tbh. FSElite could’ve just fixed the affected shots, rather than pulling the whole post which I presume is due to this. The shots do look quite good though, even if they weren’t right.

Seeing how 90% of the comments on FSElite are anti-Aerosoft I can see why they were so quick to have them remove the post and post a statement. Just reading comments now:

lolFSELITE_bronzePIN-20.pngFSELITE_silverPIN-20.pngFSELITE_goldPIN-20.pngFSELITE_trustedPIN-20.pngFSELITE_expertPIN-20.png

If you look through their official thread, about 2-3 days back, KOK posted some screenshots of the ongoing main issues with this plane.

VNAV LNAV AP are completely broken. Some issues date back to 2017. There is no way on earth they are making a june deadline.

This is the CRJ all over again.

But thanks for the model screenshots…………………………………………………….

But then again this is one of the anti-Aerosofters so no news there........

One cannot possibly make that statement by only looking at the "Show stopper" issues that Mathijs posted, one has to have the whole story.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

I, and this is my own personal opinion here, don’t think it’s Aerosoft’s business to decide if FSElite can post previews or not/approve them first. They aren’t subject to oversight just because Aerosoft’s product imo, it’s bad for everyone when a company dictates what is and what’s not posted about a product from them.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

Hi Folks, looks like this new bus is looking great.

I have a query regarding use of dynamic lights, which appears to have undergone a ui tweak in P3d v4.2

Does the “landing light illuminating ground” feature require dynamic lighting to be enabled?

I think in the lighting option screen for P3D v4.1, worked by deselecting the dynamic lighting option automatically disabled the adjacent illuminate ground option.

Upon installing P3D v4.2 last week, I spotted that the options screen allows for dynamic lighting to be disabled whilst keeping landing light illumination enabled. I don’t know if this might relate to any changes in dynamic lighting ‘under the hood’ in 4.2.

(Btw I saw on a recent twitch stream, a certain long-awaited longhaul jetliner lighting the ground, with the streamer insisting dynamic lighting was off. This would appear to match the revised P3D 4.2 lighting options ui).

Many Thanks & greatly looking forward to this new era for the Aerosoft Airbus.

Chris.

1 minute ago, admiralaspen said:

It's a preview of a product with preview screenshots that doesn't represent the current status of the product. Also are you comparing putting malware into a product to asking missleading previews to be edited?

Not at all, your point focused on removing the post just due to the negative anti-Aerosoft comments, which is a form of censorship that shouldn’t be tolerated anywhere, much less a prominent news site.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Cladiir said:

Not at all, your point focused on removing the post just due to the negative anti-Aerosoft comments, which is a form of censorship that shouldn’t be tolerated anywhere, much less a prominent news site.

The article is up again with correct pictures so........

No need to worry about that as the preview is on again with all the comments!

Just the wrong pics left out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, admiralaspen said:

The article is up again with correct pictures so........

I saw, yeah. Should calm things down.

2 minutes ago, data63 said:

from my point of view AS does not "make them to pull them" but ASKED them to remove pics that do not represent thecurrent state of the project to prevent false impressions.

seems somehow fair

It’s fair, yeah, just the way they did it was rather unpleasant and hostile imo.

• Downvote 4

Hello, the RealLights can be optional? why in much good computers dont works fine. 

We're talking about some unofficial early beta screenshots not published by Aerosoft. This will only be damaging for Aerosoft in the minds of those who already dislike Aerosoft, for whatever reason (like suffering from chronic are-we-there-yet-itis). For the rest - nice previews!

• Upvote 3

Like Dave said, this concludes the FSElite talk. If anyone has a beef with someone talk to them via PM. All futher posts regarding this will be removed. 

Thanks

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm not really an Airbus guy.  But I will be.   Connected flight deck will change that 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I already knew that the current liveries will fit the new busses, But is there any possibility to get higher resolution paintkit (like 4096)?

We do not plan that. Not big fans of them as they are so incredibly memory intensive and you need at least 6 gb of graphics mem to be able to utilize them properly.  Always keep in mind that the difference between an 1k texture and a 4k texture is not 3k but 15k.

• Upvote 4