Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post
2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

startup.wav

I like the Dutch accent though (I'm Dutch myself just like Mathijs)

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Daily report, not a lot of exciting things to report

• Stefan worked on solving the last bits of the problem we ran in yesterday using some beta software. We now know exactly what caused it and though we lost around 20 work hours in total it is good news. Wish I could tell you but it will result in better FPS and lower graphic memory use.
  • Frank mainly worked on smaller issues and making sure his projects are stable because he will be offline next week (if there is anybody who deserved some time off it is him. 
  • Baylan and Robert are still on ShowStoppers and Critical items. Some got closed today and if the testers got time we can close a lot more this weekend as they are set to 'To be tested'. This testing is often pretty  hard because to test for example a checklist item that has to do with the shutting down of the engine you got to do a complete flight. But progress on that super complex bit of code is progressing nicely. Rolf is doing a super job. The semi intelligent co-pilot is the 'cheap' version of the Connected Flight Deck where you actually have to manage crew coordination but for many (most?) users it is the option they will use most. It's is a major selling point of this project because as a beginner you are not alone in your cockpit. The semi intelligent co-pilot really helps you. 
  • I spend the early part of the morning on that certification issue I told you about yesterday (we are now sure that we'll get the certification for Europe and US) and the afternoon on the new voices for the checklists etc. We'll a selection of voices you can insert (as before) so your voices match the airline, but for the files we decided to include as standard we have gone with a professional bus driver because he just sounds more realistic. He states those words every day. We tried a pretty expensive sound studio but what they delivered was almost comical. Like a news reader, not like a pilot who is handling multiple things while talking to the ground crew. 
    startup.wav

This weekend will be almost completely testing. 

Great addition of the new voices! Good to have a different accent for a change! :D Well done and kudos to everyone involved!

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Daily report, not a lot of exciting things to report

• Stefan worked on solving the last bits of the problem we ran in yesterday using some beta software. We now know exactly what caused it and though we lost around 20 work hours in total it is good news. Wish I could tell you but it will result in better FPS and lower graphic memory use.
  • Frank mainly worked on smaller issues and making sure his projects are stable because he will be offline next week (if there is anybody who deserved some time off it is him. 
  • Baylan and Robert are still on ShowStoppers and Critical items. Some got closed today and if the testers got time we can close a lot more this weekend as they are set to 'To be tested'. This testing is often pretty  hard because to test for example a checklist item that has to do with the shutting down of the engine you got to do a complete flight. But progress on that super complex bit of code is progressing nicely. Rolf is doing a super job. The semi intelligent co-pilot is the 'cheap' version of the Connected Flight Deck where you actually have to manage crew coordination but for many (most?) users it is the option they will use most. It's is a major selling point of this project because as a beginner you are not alone in your cockpit. The semi intelligent co-pilot really helps you. 
  • I spend the early part of the morning on that certification issue I told you about yesterday (we are now sure that we'll get the certification for Europe and US) and the afternoon on the new voices for the checklists etc. We'll a selection of voices you can insert (as before) so your voices match the airline, but for the files we decided to include as standard we have gone with a professional bus driver because he just sounds more realistic. He states those words every day. We tried a pretty expensive sound studio but what they delivered was almost comical. Like a news reader, not like a pilot who is handling multiple things while talking to the ground crew. 
    startup.wav

This weekend will be almost completely testing. 

He sounds like BB.

The semi intelligent co-pilot really helps you.

Isn't this a little unfair!? Surely even AI have the right to not be offended :lol:

• Upvote 3

So i have the Aerosoft A320 and A321 to fsx do i need to pay to change it over to P3D

2 minutes ago, abis12 said:

So i have the Aerosoft A320 and A321 to fsx do i need to pay to change it over to P3D

Read the first post in this thread, my friend.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

i don't understand it so well that's why i ask

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, abis12 said:

9 minutes ago, abis12 said:

i don't understand it so well that's why i ask

Yes, you will have to pay a reasonable update price. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tom A320 said:

Okay thank you :)

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

German management speak would call it “fair” instead of “reasonable” Tom. ;) 

• Upvote 2

May I have a Beta copy of the Airbus to test and stream it on my YouTube channel? I can‘t wait anymore! ;)

No, in all seriousness, I’m happy even if I had to wait so long to have a nice and very good product and I‘m happy that I can support you with some money... Even tough in the period of the release I‘ll have many exams(and I have to pass them for good marks) I‘ll fly the Airbus as much as possible because I‘m tired of Boeing haha :D

Thanks to all developers and your daily updates Mathijs

Beste Grüsse 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

just to doublecheck, there will be no FSX version of upcoming Airbus?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There is no final decision made yet. Time will tell. Fact is, that the currently available Airbus version is very strong.  If at some point in time the decision might be made against an FSX update it still serves as a very good product. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Fact is, that the currently available Airbus version is very strong

actually thats true! Only things I am msissing now is 

Time/fuel predictions are not reliable. You can start with perfect calculated amount of fuel (Simbrief), But land with 400KG FOB, or even not get to destination at al...dangerousl. I always put 1,5t more for safety))) You can not estimate your ETA according to figures, got from MCDU

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, acuba777 said:

actually thats true! Only things I am msissing now is 

Time/fuel predictions are not reliable. You can start with perfect calculated amount of fuel (Simbrief), But land with 400KG FOB, or even not get to destination at al...dangerousl. I always put 1,5t more for safety))) You can not estimate your ETA according to figures, got from MCDU

Sorry for saying so, but are you sure, that that's an issue with the plane?

Sounds more like a problem with the flight-plan and/or poor flight-planning... 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Sorry for saying so, but are you sure, that that's an issue with the plane?

Sounds more like a problem with the flight-plan and/or poor flight-planning... 

believe me, I am sure) I have also other planes and made a different tests. Problem arrise more on longer routes, 4h and more... Figures I get on MCDU regarding ETA and FOB at destination on longer routes are not reliable. Sometimes they are close, sometimes even up to 20min or 1000kg difference. I also asked some friends, who use same model. 

I also understand, that it is more consumer product and not such study level as some competitors which are also 2-3 times more expensive. Thats why I just wrote, that it is my wish to be improved in some update. I am still very very happy with current product and think its a great value!

5 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Sorry for being to stubborn, but I get rigid when someone just begins accusing, that an addon is faulty - without any proof and without presenting data from necessary tests (and a LOT of tests is necessary, when an addon is as complex as the Aerosoft Airbus) 

One should always do a throughout troubleshooting, when stating such claims.

1. I did not stated claim in such straight manner, as you see it. I wrote about this issue and meant that I would like to see it improved one day if possible. It is my wish, not a clam!

2. I am not going to perform those test, as I am not a beta tester of this product, I am just a user. I will never fly without weather and load, as it never happend in real life as well) Without load maybe yes, but without weather?)))  Same in real life. Airplane are not tested on OFP before flight, it just flies on data provided by flight ops with final correction by crew)

finally, I use paid version of Simbrief (in terms of actual AIRACs) and AS2016 wx addon for all my sim fleet and do short/medium/long flights, so have enough to compare, how FUEL/ETA predictions works on other addons. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Randy Dettmer said:

I am starting to hate the term "study level."  In fact I would like to see a definition of that.  Study level was drummed up as a sales pitch and it is just that and nothing more.  I think it leads some to believe that each engine and aircraft fit exact operation perimeters every flight.   

Having worked heavy aircraft for over 25 years and the CFM 56 for over 15 years it is clear that each and every one has there own personality to begin with. Then you have to figure in all the differences in the airframe...no two A320s weigh the same for instance and they too have their own personality.  Now on to the environment.  There's almost too many variables to consider.  Exact OAT and pressure have a direct impact on engine performance.  That said, performance targets are just that and usually reside inside an envelope. It would be safe to say that fuel burn on the A320 over a 3 hour flight could vary easily between 2000 to 3000 lbs.  Likewise, if the books say the stall speed is 115kts for your given weight and config I would be ready for that at 120.  If you are getting large differences in fuel burn look at your planning software or if you really want to get into the weeds go right to the tech data and manually calculate it.

Back to study level.  The aircraft addons that I find would meet a so called study level dont bill themselves as that.

+1!

Well said.

I think in most planning software there is the possibility to define a BIAS for fuel use - maybe that could be an option as the AS bus may be a bit more thirsty than the one modelled in simbrief