Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post

June will be an expensive month! il finally be able to buy my new GPU (1070ti or 1080) which i am required to get as my current GPU (GTX 1060 6GB) has a rendering issue and i am therefor required to get 48 FPS stable (v-sync) for it to be enjoyable (which is nearly impossible in flight sims) .and if f i just get 40 fps it will not be smooth at all or even enjoyable or playable. so i'm so happy that i can get past that issue and then buy the AS A319. So June is the month il be able to achieve my "short term" goal in life. To fly the Aerosoft A3XX in p3d v4 and being able to enjoy it. :D 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Hampe2356 said:

June will be an expensive month! il finally be able to buy my new GPU (1070ti or 1080) which i am required to get as my current GPU (GTX 1060 6GB) has a rendering issue and i am therefor required to get 48 FPS stable (v-sync) for it to be enjoyable (which is nearly impossible in flight sims) .and if f i just get 40 fps it will not be smooth at all or even enjoyable or playable. so i'm so happy that i can get past that issue and then buy the AS A319. So June is the month il be able to achieve my "short term" goal in life. To fly the Aerosoft A3XX in p3d v4 and being able to enjoy it. :D 

Actually 40fps is really good. I could buy your card @ launch MSRP LOL. My core 2 quad suffers pain every time I fly to London or any Mega airport with a pmdg craft.(I get less than 15fps in VC  @ EGLL bruh)

BTW i really hope to see the perfect butter of speedbird 1 @ london city even if I want the 321 first.

Just a silly question: if I have some knowledge on the old bus will I struggle ?

Mathjis:  just a note regarding Real Light and True Glass.  Another add-on added these in its latest update.  A number of users, including myself, got a mad flickering in all of their displays which rendered the sim unusable.  I went back to a previous version of their SimObjects.  However the reinstallation of the old files led to all of the old weaknesses in performance.  So I reinstalled the new update, but removed Real Light and True Glass.  It crashed.  However returning Real Light has made it work, and I have left True Glass out for the time being.  I offer this experience and I am using Win 10.2 or whatever the major update was, that has proved a disaster for me.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, chumley said:

Mine has been confiscated. Too much cycling gear bought in the last three months.

You'll have to convince your significant other it was an efficient use of funds by simming in lycra. 

• Upvote 3

For someone a page or two back in the thread, the FSLabs Bus is a non-runner as I am one of many who cannot install it into Win10.2 x64bit. 

I have surprisingly enjoyed another bus in v4, but I admit to hanging our for June 26.  Like us all I look forward to learning of the pricing for components and for the entire package..

5 minutes ago, macca22au said:

Like us all I look forward to learning of the pricing for components and for the entire package..

One thing for sure. It will be reasonably priced. Don't want to compare to other products but generally Aerosoft products are always affordable for most people. It's at least my vision.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Wish you guys all the best for the June 26th release, thanks for all the hard work to everyone.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BillUp1 said:

If you had just spent £140 on a plane you would defend that product to the ends of the earth. It's the nature of the beast. You have to justify spending £140 to yourself, and you do that by slating anything other than what you own that is in direct competition. That's why you see the "I'll stick to my FSLabs etc." I am also a hypocrite as I know when I get my Aerosoft Airbus, I'll be saying "yeah but I paid less than half of what yours cost." :D

It's the constant complaining of "its going to be buggy as hell" and "its 2 years late already" that gets on my tits. If you feel that way just don't buy it. Its simple. I would rather you didn't as it will help the devs get the bugs sorted quicker, as rational people like me can evaluate the product and give constructive advice in where the issues need fixing. Instead of "this is a load of shit" and "I wasted my money on this crap that never should have been released in this condition." This helps no one. 

Love you :ididit_s:

I am sorry sir but I am not really following what the comments posted above have to do with FSLabs!? It's your decision to stick with whatever you want but I'm completely losing track where you're going with with this one....

There are always bugs and there will be always fixes and updates regardless of the software company behind. It's personal choice what product you'd like to buy, but I am not going to specifically announce my choices publicly because I don't think it's fair to the readers and Aerosoft as well. I am in this forum because I am interested in the Airbus series that Aerosoft is going to release.

Best of luck.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, BillUp1 said:

If you had just spent £140 on a plane you would defend that product to the ends of the earth. It's the nature of the beast. You have to justify spending £140 to yourself, and you do that by slating anything other than what you own that is in direct competition. That's why you see the "I'll stick to my FSLabs etc." I am also a hypocrite as I know when I get my Aerosoft Airbus, I'll be saying "yeah but I paid less than half of what yours cost." :D

It's the constant complaining of "its going to be buggy as hell" and "its 2 years late already" that gets on my tits. If you feel that way just don't buy it. Its simple. I would rather you didn't as it will help the devs get the bugs sorted quicker, as rational people like me can evaluate the product and give constructive advice in where the issues need fixing. Instead of "this is a load of shit" and "I wasted my money on this crap that never should have been released in this condition." This helps no one. 

Love you :ididit_s:

Please just hold off. I'm not sure I get where you're going with this?! 

No one's have to 'justify' anything! It's each own personal choice, of which addon one buy. There no justification needed for purchasing the FSLabs Airbus - just as there's no justification needed for purchasing the Aerosoft Airbus. The individual developers sets their own prices.

Also - while your post seems objective post at first, it's filled with subjective thoughts, personal feelings and assumptious premonitions. In my opinion, you're just 'adding fuel to the fire'... 

I don't really know what you want to achieve with that post?!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Sunny Andonov said:

I am sorry sir but I am not really following what the comments posted above have to do with FSLabs!? It's your decision to stick with whatever you want but I'm completely losing track where you're going with with this one....

There are always bugs and there will be always fixes and updates regardless of the software company behind. It's personal choice what product you'd like to buy, but I am not going to specifically announce my choices publicly because I don't think it's fair to the readers and Aerosoft as well. I am in this forum because I am interested in the Airbus series that Aerosoft is going to release.

Best of luck.

I was generalising on all products sold. Not just flight simming. It wasn't personally directed at you, anyone, anything, or any company. I used FSLabs as an example as they make the same product. 

• Downvote 2

I don't really know what you want to achieve with that post?!

Wow :D 

I have read numerous posts from all over the internet of the exact issues I have mentioned. People who have bought differing products to the one being sold by Aerosoft, slagging off the Aerosoft product from what I can surmise is the only reason, they own a different product. They would have no other reason. I have read time and time again people slagging off Aerosoft for not getting products out on time, and when they are they are buggy as hell. They cannot win. Get it out early, there is a chance there will be more bugs. Get it out late and all hell breaks loose. This isn't just on this site. Its all over the internet. Mathijs has said the exact same thing just a few posts up from mine, and I agree entirely, hence my observation.  

If you are that disappointed in a product (any product in general) just don't buy it. I'm not fuelling anything. It out there on the internet for everyone to see. Seeing as this thread is for updates. Can we stop with the back and forth please. 

nobody will read and it will make the forum look a lot less clean because link to documents on what we will not do with your data has to be everywhere.

No different to what it is on many other sites already. Go to a website, agree with the pop up. Go to another page on the same site and agree with the same pop up. Its early days lol. We have no choice but to live with it. 

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Daily report.

[...]

A big compliment here.

The openess of you is very impressing! Not only that you get regular updates on the project itself but also about the sim environment / what additional topics are behind such project which the most users (like me) are not seeing / dont think about

I have several add-ons for P3D but have never seen such open & regular update (daily!!) 

Keep up the good work and the perfect communication

Dimi

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Ahmed Ahzaam said:

Can't Wait For Release!

Me neither. I'm absolutely buzzing for them :P I have the PMDG 777 and 737, but can see myself exclusively flying the these as I really am an Airbus man. Bring em on! 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ditrade74 said:

A big compliment here.

The openess of you is very impressing! Not only that you get regular updates on the project itself but also about the sim environment / what additional topics are behind such project which the most users (like me) are not seeing / dont think about

I have several add-ons for P3D but have never seen such open & regular update (daily!!) 

Keep up the good work and the perfect communication

Dimi

On behalf of Mathijs, Thanks!

Also, welcome to our forums!

On 5/15/2018 at 2:01 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We will send a email to all our repainters (remember we got over 1300 (!) repaints here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/category/2-liveries-repaints/) next week. For a long time we wanted to stay 100% compatible with older versions but some our latest changes make that impossible. Some tweaks will be needed to use all the new functions (for example the fact on battery only the left side of the pit is lit).

By being "not" 100% compatible, does that mean that the old (current) liveries will still "work", say perhaps by utilizing fallback textures?  I'm assuming this extends to the A320/A321 as well.  I've accumulated quite a few liveries (the number of jetBlue liveries that have been made is almost embarrassing) and it would be a shame to have to lose them, as inevitably not all will be updated.  I'd rather deal with some nuance that doesn't look perfect vs. not being able to use a particular livery at all.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Going to walk the dogs, get a large glass of wine and try to weld a new exhaust under the MGB. 

Be careful - don't drink and weld! B)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Alan_A said:

Be careful - don't drink and weld! B)

True, Mathijis might accidentally weld the 318 and 319 together.:P and delay the release.

So did I get it right ?

If I buy the new bus for the upgrade price also not on Aerosoft (Like Gamesplanet or Simmarket) I can still update them via the update so I don't have to go to e.g Simmarket to update but can also do it via the updater ?

That would be great because then I can buy it there again and still have the newst update right there for download :D