Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post
1 hour ago, walterg74 said:

Herman,

I agree it just makes clutter (although sometimes you can’t help yourself :P), now don’t posts like “thanks for the update” also make clutter and contribute to grow this thread needlessly? If you wanna say thanks, just like the post or something....you know?

Kinda agree with that...

(Oh oh! Did I just add to the cultter... ? Aaaarrrghhh... )

• Upvote 2

vor 22 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

...  Shoot, the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pro was in development for over 6 years, the NGX for over 5 years and I could go on and on.  Those products were developed for an unchanging product (FSX), while today we are developing for a product that is still being developed - meaning that we find things during our development that LM has to first acknowledge, then research and then fix while ensuring the fix doesn't create problems elsewhere. A by product of this is that we continue to push flight sim immersion higher and higher... which has been going on for as long as there has been flight sim software....

but... Majestic, PMDG and others brought their recoded 64bit Aircrafts months ago online... ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

4 hours ago, Roadie04 said:

but... Majestic, PMDG and others brought their recoded 64bit Aircrafts months ago online... ;)

So with such a huge sim world and such great aircraft examples, what are you doing here instead of flying with them..?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Mathijs and Aerosoft,

I have been following the Aerosoft Professional Previews (all of them, through part 5).  Also, I have been enjoying, immensely, my current Aerosoft A3xx's in FSX.  I truly enjoy them and appreciate the masterful work of Aerosoft.  

As I have listened to the banter, sometimes kind and respectful and other times not so much, I wonder if perhaps Aerosoft could have done things a little bit different (hindsight is always 20-20).  Perhaps this is a teachable moment for the good folks at Aerosoft.  Maybe it's not possible, but I'm going to share it, and remember, this is just a suggestion, not a criticism.  

Perhaps next time, when we get these big changes, like going from 32-bit to 64-bit, instead of ramping up the team and cranking out something with new bells and whistles and the latest and greatest, initially produce a rework of the existing product and then begin a new and improved version.  

This would do two things:

1. It would give the community a usable product.  We would have been flying an Aerosoft Airbus on P3D 4 by now.  I think that you would have to agree the wait for this product has been a really, really long time.

2. It would give the team at Aerosoft some breathing room.  Sure, you're always going to have complainers, but these threads have produced some real wing-ding comments.  Frustration has set in for many, and in part, I can't blame them, but I can't blame Aerosoft either.  As they say, "It is what it is."

Maybe these suggestions are entirely not possible.  Obviously I see only a tiny bit of what you at Aerosoft are going through, thanks to your transparency in these forums, and so I understand very little of what goes on at Aerosoft. I'm sure the pressure on you and your team is immense.  If these suggestions are not possible, fine.  If they are, maybe adjustments are needed when big changes happen in our sims, again, like the change between 32-bit and 64-bit.

• Upvote 3

vor 46 Minuten, walterg74 sagte:

So with such a huge sim world and such great aircraft examples, what are you doing here instead of flying with them..?

Oh, don't worry. I fly the Dash, the PMDG 777 and the FSL A320. But it's interesting for me to see what's going on at Aerosoft.

• Downvote 1

Hello,

I don‘t know if this question got answered already or if this question answer itself but will there be an option to show  the traffic in the ND like in the picture ? 

Btw the Airbus looks fantastic and keep going

B4F0F4D5-CC85-471F-94A6-011F09C3BD1B.jpeg

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, y.vohwinkel said:

but will there be an option to show  the traffic

No, this feature is not part of the Airbus we model. The AS A330 will also not have it. 

Really? Traffic on ND is one ofthe major functions you need for online flying. 

I don't really know how professional this bus will be. There are some things I don't want to miss..

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

15 minutes ago, Pascal Grotzke said:

Really? Traffic on ND is one ofthe major functions you need for online flying. 

I don't really know how professional this bus will be. There are some things I don't want to miss..

traffic on ND will be on this Airbus as the older one, but not with this picutre style. i think is what frank is saying

5 hours ago, y.vohwinkel said:

Hello,

I don‘t know if this question got answered already or if this question answer itself but will there be an option to show  the traffic in the ND like in the picture ? 

Btw the Airbus looks fantastic and keep going

B4F0F4D5-CC85-471F-94A6-011F09C3BD1B.jpeg

This is ADS-B. Doubt you'll ever see it in a FS.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

traffic on ND will be on this Airbus as the older one, but not with this picutre style. i think is what frank is saying

Normal TCAS functions will ofcourse work but like terks43 said ADS stuff not. Same goes for BTV and other fancy new items you may see in A350/380 videos. 

• Upvote 3

vor 19 Stunden , Eduard Gasull sagte:

Ok thx.

Holy! The flight deck looks really neat over SFO!

That new transponder looks great as well. ;)

I'll just have a little question, I don't think I have seen it before; are both NDs and barometric selectors synched?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

• Upvote 1