Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post

Although I'm disappointed at the extra delay, I totally understand the reasons and I'll patiently wait for release, but it still can't come soon enough, I'm sure others will agree with me in offering thanks for all the hard work from the team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

And also guys keep in mind that there a bunch of companies out there that release their products not finished with a lots of bugs and stuff so be patient...

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the update, I clearly understand the hard work.

Are the buses are going to be compatible with the ,,Virtual Avionics" FMC Application?

Norvin.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Easy Pilot said:

Im not a fan of the Dc8 personally...

oh mate, you should try it, you are going to love it.   my girlfriend is very jealous ;) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Bicho said:

And also guys keep in mind that there a bunch of companies out there that release their products not finished with a lots of bugs and stuff so be patient...

to be fair to Aerosoft and for that matter any of the bunch of companies out there, Mathijis has clearly provided some idea of the expectations - that there will be bugs in the initial release, it's simply how critical they see them for release.

Afternoon Mathijis, could you, please, say your prediction of date release! I mean I got it, that it's impossible to say exactly, but maybe you know is there many bugs or not and what is your prediction is it still early 2018 or already summer of 2018?

• Downvote 16

12 minutes ago, dony136 said:

Afternoon Mathijis, could you, please, say your prediction of date release! 

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So when's the release? I don't know, [...]  When all Show Stopper issues are solved we'll release.

• Upvote 4

This may have been mentioned before, but will the A330 be coming out at a much later time period as the A318/A319/A320/A321 or can I expect them to come out at the same around time?

• Downvote 7

Please read the first post of this topic which is also linked on top of every page of this topic. 

• Upvote 3

I wouldn't call features, task completed until all the bugs, defects been resolved and fully tested. And I recommend going AGILE. This seems more like waterfall methodology delaying the full release itself with the status updates being posted on finding each bugs. Just a suggestion. Talking with my own experience here. 

Cheers

Zain

It is more the AGILE part that is delaying this product. A mix of both is used for the development. 

1 hour ago, zain1291 said:

I wouldn't call features, task completed until all the bugs, defects been resolved and fully tested. And I recommend going AGILE. This seems more like waterfall methodology delaying the full release itself with the status updates being posted on finding each bugs. Just a suggestion. Talking with my own experience here. 

I worked with AGILE for some time but neither me, nor the dev team, nor the product are really suited to that. The main reason is that all the parts are so interconnected it is nearly impossible to split off tasks.

• Like 1

Friends,

I don't wish to derail this thread... but have you seen this upcoming Aerosoft product?  Just INCREDIBLE!!!

Any comments please post them in the linked thread... thanks!

• Upvote 1

Resist the urge to add new features? That's impossible! :D

No, but seriously - getting new features and more bug work is definitely worth the wait in my opinion. Two questions out of curiosity though:

1. Not sure if I missed it, but does the new transponder mean that the old transponder will no longer be available? Or will it be an option, similar to PMDG's cockpit layout options?

2. Did adding the new transponder introduce more bugs? If so, hope it didn't cause too many!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, europe.au said:

1. Not sure if I missed it, but does the new transponder mean that the old transponder will no longer be available? Or will it be an option, similar to PMDG's cockpit layout options?

+1

I would love the PMDG way to select features on/off like new transponder, CPDLC, old/new LCDs...

14 minutes ago, Joan Alonso said:

+1

I would love the PMDG way to select features on/off like new transponder, CPDLC, old/new LCDs...

Sorry, but this will not happen. That’s to complex for the target of this product. Also CRT vs. LCD is not only a small change in the model. The whole software of the Airbus is different from EIS1 to EIS2. 

• Upvote 4

In terms of "old lcd" screen (CRT) screen, it's that much easy cause behind the looking of the cockpit all the system is diffrent between EIS 1 and EIS 2 which has the lcd screens

14 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

When all Show Stopper issues are solved we'll release. 

Can you please tell us how many showstopper issues there are?  Also, a while back you said that the number of weeks until release could be counted on one hand. Does that still hold or has that number gone up? Thanks! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, Adamthepilotkid said:

Can you please tell us how many showstopper issues there are?  Also, a while back you said that the number of weeks until release could be counted on one hand. Does that still hold or has that number gone up? Thanks! 

My friend, even if Mathijs answers that question, it really doesn't tell you anything in regards to when the aircraft will be ready for release, simply because not all bugs (show stoppers or others) require the same amount of work.  So to be clear, there is absolutely nothing worthwhile from such answers.  That said, feel free to ask my friend.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 4

Always a pleasure reading this thread and the range of views, questions etc. Am looking forward to flying the bus in V4 when she's released. Also a big thanks to Aerosoft for sharing updates and screenshots as you progress. Keep up the great work.

• Upvote 3

Please, next time handle upcoming products release announcements like other development teams, quietly and without much info or fanfare...

Developers like FlyTampa, Flightbeam, QualityWings, etc send out very little information and have plenty of time to create/beta-test their products without the hassles.

Just my point of view, many will disagree, Darryl

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10