Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post
2 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

Seems in this product it will have no consequence if disabled, which is fine for the target of the product, but then it also makes you wonder why bother modelling it at all if it does nothing...

Well if you want to experiment with aircraft systems I think you will have to include a complex icing system. Or if you have an aircraft that is very prone to icing and has limited de-icing systems it is a must to include. That's why we included a rather complex icing system in the Twin Otter Extended. From windshield to the effects of icing on the turbines. With a complex reading of the weather parameters etc. But that was in 2012. 

• Upvote 3

If icing is such an important topic just go and buy that other upcoming new Airbus. It's that easy ;)

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

we'll see if we can add it to the list of things the semi-intelligent PM can do. He could warn you or activate the systems himself. As realistic as you can get!

Well played.  Super response.

• Upvote 2

On 29.5.2018 at 14:33, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We do not plan that. Not big fans of them as they are so incredibly memory intensive and you need at least 6 gb of graphics mem to be able to utilize them properly.  Always keep in mind that the difference between an 1k texture and a 4k texture is not 3k but 15k.

Regarding the performance let me just add a thought on this on a general basis:

I'd two flights today to cover anything, that may affect the fps in my opinion:

1. EDDT-EDDF: 3rd party addons (Orb X Global, Active Sky and REX SkyForce 3D) used, with 20 aircraft on arrival and partly cloudy skies along the route.

2. EDDF-EGLL: 3rd party addons (Orb X Global, Active Sky and REX SkyForce 3D)used, with 60 aircraft on arrival and thunderstorms on arrival.

Total review: I'm positive speechless by the performance: During both flights I was stunned by the fact, that the fps were constantly between 20-60 fps,) depending on the flight phase you're in (i.e EDDF taxi in 20-35 sometimes even higher). Even the HD clouds didn't drop the fps significant.

However: During my arrival in EGLL they were somewhere between 10-25 for a short period of time, but that's surly caused by the huge traffic flow.

• Upvote 1

Mathijs, were you able to communicate with Holji to correct his repaints for the "Professional" product?

Darryl

4 hours ago, Gegels said:

However: During my arrival in EGLL they were somewhere between 10-25 for a short period of time, but that's surly caused by the huge traffic flow.

Heathrow has always been more frame intensive, I’ve never managed decent frame rates in any aircraft except with slider turned down significantly. Partly auto-gen, partly the volume of aircraft being drawn in too. 

Anything above 20fps there is a bonus for me...

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

But we might think about an "Icing simulator 2030" at some point :)

deam! LOL

I think you will find that a large percentage of "flight simmers" will fly for only a short time in each session. A lot of people just want to flightsim as a form of entertainment and relaxation.

Shared flightdeck is perhaps for the more "serious" simmers, who have the time, and lack of pressure in their every day life, and have all the time to set it all up.

Just my humble opinion of course, but please don't take it too seriously.

• Upvote 4

We added this Ox thing because a lot of customers asked for it. And in a first of the day flight it is indeed important.

3 hours ago, ColH said:

I think you will find that a large percentage of "flight simmers" will fly for only a short time in each session. A lot of people just want to flightsim as a form of entertainment and relaxation.

Shared flightdeck is perhaps for the more "serious" simmers, who have the time, and lack of pressure in their every day life, and have all the time to set it all up.

Just my humble opinion of course, but please don't take it too seriously.

I can certainly understand your perception, but really it's just the opposite.

I have over 8000 hours of Shared Cockpit time and vast majority of those flights were about 2 to 3 hours in length (including pre-flight).  Everything I've done in the flight sim over the past 35 years really pales in comparison to flying shared cockpit, save for save for multi-player, cooperative, air combat sims. Flying shared cockpit during a VATSIM event?  An absoltuely AMAZING experience!

One of the terrific things about the upcoming Aerosoft A330 is the Connected Flight Deck (Shared Cockpit) as it will allow for crew changes.... so if you're a 3 hour type, then you can jump in and jump out!

Best wishes!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Trevor Hannant said:

Heathrow has always been more frame intensive, I’ve never managed decent frame rates in any aircraft except with slider turned down significantly. Partly auto-gen, partly the volume of aircraft being drawn in too. 

Anything above 20fps there is a bonus for me...

me too! always means -13 in VC and i'm not talking about complex scenario(may even get under 9 fps)

vor 1 hour , pepo340300 sagte:

Can you please give an idea in which month more or less will be relased? :(

The A320 series at 26th if im not mistaking or have I missed something?

35 minutes ago, swaor said:

The A320 series at 26th if im not mistaking or have I missed something?

That is indeed the plan.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I can certainly understand your perception, but really it's just the opposite.

Indeed, doing things together makes it more fun and easier. More relaxing. That's why we spend a sh*tload of money on making it foolproof and easy. Just start with sitting on a jump seat.

However, progress on the 'semi intelligent co-pilot' is very good and even though it is no replacement for a real human, it will still mean you are assisted and still have a good idea of what it is to fly a bus with two people. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That is indeed the plan.

It's good news that nothing has changed at this moment in time.

• Upvote 1

Hi! 

I am a big fan of Aerosoft for many years and the current Airbus from AS was my favorite airliner. 

Reading through the pages of this preview topic I get the feeling that this new Airbus Professional is more advanced than the current and that the systems might be more difficult to learn how to handle. 

Do you still think this new version will be managable for me as a holiday simpilot or is this product more aimed at a more professional customer?

Keep up the good work! 

Best regards 

Jan Jönsson 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, janjoensson said:

Hi! 

I am a big fan of Aerosoft for many years and the current Airbus from AS was my favorite airliner. 

Reading through the pages of this preview topic I get the feeling that this new Airbus Professional is more advanced than the current and that the systems might be more difficult to learn how to handle. 

Do you still think this new version will be managable for me as a holiday simpilot or is this product more aimed at a more professional customer?

Keep up the good work! 

Best regards 

Jan Jönsson 

Hi, this Product will feature some more sysem enhancements. But you will still have the checkist and CoPilot function. Also the tutorial is there. I thik you will be able to move very fast to the enhanced systems. It is not such complex. Fly first with CoPilot, look into the tutorial, and you will be really fast familar with this new bus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

Hi, this Product will feature some more sysem enhancements. But you will still have the checkist and CoPilot function. Also the tutorial is there. I thik you will be able to move very fast to the enhanced systems. It is not such complex. Fly first with CoPilot, look into the tutorial, and you will be really fast familar with this new bus.

Furthermore, I had flown 738 only 5 hours when I started with the 320. It cost me less to know how things work since it is way better organised and sleek(about 2 hours to know +/- how to operate the a/c properly), whereas it took me 10 hours for the MD-80 lol. And you also have the config checklist in the ECAM, which helps(even though after 20+ flights in the FSL i still don't know how to "test T.O config" maybe someone knows?) And I think that if you already flew the old one I don't see why you would need to start from scratch and re-learn everything. That reminds me when I switched from PMDG 77L to 744, where only minor things change(older MCP, direct law control and different overhead panel). And your copilot will be there too, from sharing a coffee on a morning departure to telling which button needs to be turened on and switching on anti-ice, even asking for pushback ;-)   I started simming seriously around october 2017 so i'm not a pro but still I know a lot of things thanks to P3D.

BTW, does the announcement for the pushback coordinates with GSX announcements? That'd be awesome for sure as they would cooperate. Is there a german accent for the copilot? (practical for LH flights (3/4 of mine are done with their glorious old livery so interesting even though I'm french and not german).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

airbuses are super easy to learn. The new bus features things like the co-pilot which will help you learn the ropes quicker in terms of SOP's and relieve you of a lot of workload while flying. So I guess the new plane is way more suited for holiday simpilot than any older ones.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

(even though after 20+ flights in the FSL i still don't know how to "test T.O config" maybe someone knows?) 

The same way as it is done in the AS Airbus. 

• Upvote 1