Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post

I have the A318/319 and the A320/321, but not the bundle, 2 serial numbers. Can I buy the professional bundle or do I have to buy them saperately?

1 hour ago, jn_carter said:

I'm a little confused about this recommendation. Won't the new bus have auto rudder like the old one did? I know it's much more realistic with rudder pedals, but I simply don't have the space to put them.

That's odd. Once I put up my desk, where my monitor and keyboard sit, I immediately found the perfect space to put my rudder pedals - under the desk. Unless you're not using a desktop, of course. My problem initially was too much empty space in my wallet, but that's another problem. :)

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I just completed the system requirements

• Intel Core  i5 Quad Core (i7 recommended), AMD Ryzen 5 (Ryzen 7 recommended)
  • 16 GB RAM (32 GB recommended)
  • Direct X11 compatible Graphics Card with minimal 3Gb (6Gb recommended), GTX 1050 class minimal, GTX 1070 class recommended
  • Lockheed Martin Prepa3D v4.3 (please note not compatible with older versions)
  • Windows 10 64-bit, fully updated
  • Control hardware with rudder and throttle channels
  • 1024×768 minimum screen resolution for primary display
  •  Adobe Acrobat® Reader 8 minimal to read and print the manual

I love how the recommended specs are a kind of a beast of a machine, and then:

• 1024×768 minimum screen resolution for primary display.         :banghead1_s:

On 3/15/2018 at 3:24 PM, iKronix_Gaming said:

I only have 8 gb of ram and am not to worried. I also don't crank everything to the right in the settings either. Even on X plane 11 ortho+ mesh Haven't seen any issues, but again I don't cranck setting. Just enough to where it looks really good. :)

The bottom line here is that if you can run your sim well with PMDG aircraft and the like you will have no problem with the AS Airbus. Our add on is in no way more taxing than the others. (Even less so in most cases).

• Upvote 2

Same performance, but also includes TrueGlass. Makes me excited for release haha

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Kihew said:

That's odd. Once I put up my desk, where my monitor and keyboard sit, I immediately found the perfect space to put my rudder pedals - under the desk. Unless you're not using a desktop, of course. My problem initially was too much empty space in my wallet, but that's another problem. :)

Well - it could be, that no everyone has a dedicated desk for their flightsim setup?

For me, personally, I am sitting with a laptop on my/our (although my wife would probably claim ownership if it came to it...) coffee-table. It's not ideal, but it's working for me, since I don't have a dedicated room/office for this. My wife has enough reservations with my laptop (which isn't pretty, I might add!) and throttle, joystick.

... now, I imagine, she would be less than thrilled, if I added pedals on the floor or below the table... :lol:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CaneE said:

Would I be able to run the new Airbus with:

Intel i5-6600k

8GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB?

Yes.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Kihew said:

Sound the alarms, conspiracy theory tone detected.

Indeed, it has nothing to do with that, only with the fact a new version of the sim is about to be released.

6 hours ago, aayyppxx said:

16 gigs of RAM as minimum ? Holy cow, P3D v4.3 must be a massive update then. Under my current settings, I dont think I've ever seen P3D cross even 6GB of RAM usage at dense scenery with an addon airliner. I'll have to see how things stand after v4.3 release.

I will lower it to 8. That will affect how the sim works, it has relatively little to do with the add-on.

• Upvote 4

Hi Mathjis,

Will I be able to fly with them on Windows 7 64bit or not?

Thanks, Grant

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I just completed the system requirements

• Intel Core  i5 Quad Core (i7 recommended), AMD Ryzen 5 (Ryzen 7 recommended)
  • 8 GB RAM (16 GB highly recommended)
  • Direct X11 compatible Graphics Card with minimal 3Gb (6Gb recommended), GTX 1050 class minimal, GTX 1070 class recommended
  • Lockheed Martin Prepa3D v4.3 (please note not compatible with older versions)
  • Windows 10 64-bit, fully updated
  • Control hardware with rudder and throttle channels
  • 1024×768 minimum screen resolution for primary display
  •  Adobe Acrobat® Reader 8 minimal to read and print the manual

Does this mean that you wont be able to run the airbus on windows 7 64 bit

at all? If so that really does suck.......

We can only say we have never tried that.  Keep in mind that Microsoft mainstream support for 7 ended on January 13, 2015, so if we have an issue between the product and the OS Microsoft will not support us in any way. That makes it very hard to guarantee things work. 

So it will probably work but if there are issue that are related to the OS (or runtimes) you are on your own. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Captainmac said:

Hi Mathjis,

Will I be able to fly with them on Windows 7 64bit or not?

Thanks, Grant

Probably, but as Microsoft does not support this OS anymore it is hard for us to offer guarantees.

Is it possible or is it barred that the bus will be released before V4.3 is out (maybe V4.3 will be out on the 30. of June for example)?

mfg Kai

No, that will not happen as Mathijs already explained above that the released P3Dv4.3 version is needed to compile the bus against. 

So LM release first, then the bus. 

I know that P4.3 is spoken of as coming out in June this year.  Your cautionary note about the 320/321 is understood, but is the A318/319 still coming out on June 26?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

We can only release after P3d V4.3 is released and we had a few days to test on that. It simply makes no sense to release the product for 4.2 and then having to replace major parts after a few days. And believe me, everybody will be screaming for P3D v4.3 specific compiled models. And those might simply not work on P3D V4.2.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, CuzIm_Tom said:

Will the A320/A321 Pack be released after the A318/A319 release in 2 weeks?

I now seriously doubt that that is possible. Depends a lot on what is completed. 

5 minutes ago, copilot767 said:

Will I in a Way see a difference between 16 or 32gb - since you recommend 32gb?

Always hard to say, but on my system I often see P3d use more then 20 gb of memory so it is absolutely used. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, copilot767 said:

With All known heavy Add-ons - Orbx, heavy airports - heavy cities ... BUT only with default A321 I Can fly around without OOMs with only 16 GB- 

Think 20 GB ram of usage sounds a lot:)

It's a hell of a lot! But 16 Gb will be fine. 

On 4/1/2018 at 1:25 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Have ordered - so I Will have 32 GB of ram- But sounds if its avaible in my computer- it Will use above the 16gb of ram- since you Can hit a usage of 20gb:)  Thank you-NOT been flying in a year.

So looking forward to the release- Only Want to fly the Aerosoft bus- therefore so long time since my last take off in P3d :)

58 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe said:

So hopefully 4.3 will be released until the 20.of June so that you have enough time for testing. Just for understanding: if issues are coming up in 4.3 during testing: does this means that a 4.2 model will be released that is also compatible to 4.3 to have time to fix upcoming issues?

mfg Kai

Read what Mathjis said again. And one more time. You should now have your answer :D